Thread: Funny Story About Noobs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Funny Story About Noobs

So I finally reached 36 (thanks Pwnies <3) and I decided to make a second toon. Upon playing the first few levels, I noticed something very very sad and yet funny. The noobs running were me were always getting lost!

For example, they would run into a bonus room, you know, those big circle ones with the chests, and stay in there walking in circles. At one point I stopped to watch these players: One of them was walking the perimeter of the room and kept on saying "im lost." In another game, a player and I reached halfway through the level before he stopped, turned around and started running back to spawn and then said, "i think i went the wrong say."

I dont get angry at these noobs, in fact its pretty funny watching them. So if you're ever bored, just stop by and watch the new players get lost in the most linear game in the galaxy

Make sure to help them once in a while though! A good "this way" would suffice.
    Boomsteak - Commando - Lv 35 <Sparkling Pwnies>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

why you gotta make fun of me like that D': i thought that wall went somewhere.
    System & others love me ;] U jelly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I brought my wife in for an introductory run and she got lost just trying to do the tutorial. The iPad, when she rotated the camera, was turning the wrong way, she said. It always seemed the right way to me, but OK... Then moving by the virtual joystick was confusing her. Her toon kept walking into walls. I went into the first room and had most of the bad guys slain before she got in there (I was using the iPhone, letting her use my iPad). It took a while for her to open the crates. She didn't know why I wanted her to open them. But she went back to the start and I said, why? She pointed out that the CEO was there and she wanted to know why there was a question over his head. My bad. We almost weren't able to get the 25 mercenaries because I had already slain so many. But we barely made it and went to B* to turn in. Well, that was it. She felt she had succeeded and said she would play it again. I think she said that to be nice. She hasn't gone back in. One map and out, I guess! LOL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's always good policy to check for hidden doors and fake walls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Stuff like this is why I've complained to people that the levels under 20 have dumb people everywhere. What causes this? Maybe chase camera needs to be off by default?

I swear I've had people who run into the electric water in Corp just randomly and can't kill the Spy in Rockfall Cave. You have to be on top of her to damage her when the shield is up. Random getting lost or doubling back abound. Ops who think they're tanks and run into huge mobs of enemies or big enemies that hit hard, then wonder what killed them.

We didn't have such silliness going on back in beta. By Corp you were either good enough at your class or you died. A lot.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Part of the learning curve. I kinda got all twisted around about controls and the like whenever I started up (no indication in the tutorial about any keyboard controls didn't help.)

Also i may be a minority but I prefer chasecam (granted i also tend to turn off camera effects since spinnycam disorients me.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hey come on we were all noobs too. I remember when Miner killed me like 50 times
    Westlyford-Operative(Main)
    Killerade-Commando
    Creatanhealer- Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

maybe you need like glowing arrows on the floor tiles on the first few maps to show which way to go, and what to open, seen people in sloucho luggin bombs and wondering why everyone is suddenly talking to them asking em to blow stuff up haha

totally understand actually. a lot of things in the tutorial, the quests, and the say the skill descriptions all seemed to be based on a prior experience in mmorpgs, can honestly say was level 26 twice over when it was cap before I really understood even the basics of the game...my pack was full of guardian greens before a scared engie politely prompted me to taunt... such things as your stats are actually more important than how you look (what a ridiculous idea lol?) something as simple as a kill/death ratio and why its important can take a while to understand

it takes a while before you can find a good guild and a bunch of like minded people to tackle the game with, perhaps something can be done in the earlier levels to ease people into this aspect of the game sooner, maybe some guilds can allow guest memberships at the login screen itself, or at least a level locked world chat channel so people can find their way around instead of running in a void - even being plonked on a base first instead of a map might help

btw, one of those who quit pocket legends outright just after playing the game for five minutes
    Last edited by Slant; 12-15-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killerade View Post
    Hey come on we were all noobs too. I remember when Miner killed me like 50 times
    I hated miner grrrr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Maybe these " noobs" were actually young children. And if they were I can understand why they would have problems navigating.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance