Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.5 Content Update (75561)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duped View Post
    I'm sure they are reading, but unless there is a change of heart, I think the answer they gave is basically the response (see JustG on page 2 or 3?). I've continued to read every post, because I'm hoping there is a different response.

Also @Red, the solution has been given IMO, the solution that has got STS to where it is today, a flat fee for unlimited access. My old fishing buddy always said "Dance with the one that brung ya." Doesn't seem so hard.
    Lets be honest. What could they do now? It would be a PL PR nightmare if they made it unlimited access. The sky would fall for the people who have already spent a great deal of plat for the holiday event.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I decided to wait before making this post because to see if my feelings changed and I have to unfortunately they didn't.

Im very saddened by the actions of STS. There have been minor things in the past that have bothered me (early release of fang, screwing me out of hundreds of plat on my bear with 70k xp) however, I have always defended and supported STS.

2 plat per boss kill!!! Just doesnt feel right. A flat fee feels more appropriate. It upsets me even more when I think of all the kids that play the game and may get the chance to run the maps maybe twice.

The absolute worst part of this is to add salt to my wounds!!!!! I feel some of the developers continue to offend and insult their loyal and paying fans! Do u really think we arent intelligent enough to comprehend your a business and need to make a profit. Additionally, stop insulting me please by saying ppl want everything for free. If that were the case why have I spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on your game. Please pull my plat purchases to confirm that last sentence. I spent the money cuz I can and wanted to show support especially since so many others can't or won't.

As for ppl who say the maps are for farmers to get rich. I love grinding and I love farming! However, I'm a hoarder and rarely ever sell anything and my toons are broke. But I do give plenty of items to my friends and kids.

I could continue to go on but I guess its just better to say I very happy I got SWTOR early access yesterday and I plan to not purchase anymore plat from STS and only come on to see friends. I was planning to still grind and hit level caps but after this don't think my heart will ever be in it again.

Much love to my friend I have made in game. You all made the game fun for me. Sorry to see it all go this way.

**please forgive the inevitable typos and grammar, I'm using my phone and full of emotions**
    Last edited by angeldawn; 12-16-2011 at 01:40 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    Lets be honest. What could they do now? It would be a PL PR nightmare if they made it unlimited access. The sky would fall for the people who have already spent a great deal of plat for the holiday event.
    Like someone suggested earlier... They could allow every account/toon one daily (or a one off) access to the content. Everything else stays the same. people who have paid still get the freebie, so no-one could moan about that could they. SOme players who weren't keen might actually spend on a few extra tickets/passes once they see the drops, etc.

It would mean people get to see the content for free and decide whether they want to pay for more. There aren't lots of heavy (free) farmers flooding the market and everyone gets to 'participate'

Personally a one off free access per toon would be nice but I'm bias, I got more than one.
    Last edited by Redbridge; 12-16-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

The colors on the PJs look toooooooooooooooootally off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    The colors on the PJs look toooooooooooooooootally off.
    Spandex does that when in the wrong light :-)

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

SL WF gives xp/kills while PL WF does not.

Which is correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

New update today with no addressing this sitch... I'm not boycotting the holiday action, just lining the coffers like a good addicted automaton... But I am still disappointed and still hoping that they will do something to make this right. We are STILL waiting devs! We (some of us) have faith in you!!

Lastly, whats with the digs on farmers, guys? Who cares whether someone wants to keep the gear or sell it? I'm personally thankful for the 'heavy' farmers, otherwise all the fun holiday gear would just get hoarded away and/or cost $2mil per pink..!

Happy Holidaze! Fix the 2 plat per entry pls!!
    PL: Disko <Eclipse> | AL: Disko | BD: Disko <Exodus>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

well if they are reading this i think they are ignoring what everyone wants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    They could lower drop rates... That way those who spent tons on farming would still have many more pinks then the rest of us...

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Did they stop posting?

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #271
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    Did they stop posting?
    Still listening, just not posting as much. Drop rates in WF are huge, if you want to farm it over and over to sell your pinks to other players, by all means do so. If you want to get in and out and score a few nice holiday items, it should not cost you too much at all.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Boycott ended when i logged in for the first time since last night's winter town caper. When what to my wandering eye should appear? A miniature bottle filled bout to here.
    Turns out since I didn't get credit for killing KillJoy, I still had over three hours of level access left!
    Now I haven't received a holiday drop off any snowmen but I can still go and help my kids get their wings too!!
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I have to agree with justG its not gonna cost much at all. Especially if you use the luck elixar. Granted that cost some, however you will get a pink like every round. (I know this from talking with others ingame) although I do say, its gonna cost way more than last year...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    I have to agree with justG its not gonna cost much at all. Especially if you use the luck elixar. Granted that cost some, however you will get a pink like every round. (I know this from talking with others ingame) although I do say, its gonna cost way more than last year...
    Every round?...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Still listening, just not posting as much. Drop rates in WF are huge, if you want to farm it over and over to sell your pinks to other players, by all means do so. If you want to get in and out and score a few nice holiday items, it should not cost you too much at all.
    Drop rates or not, you still have not addressed the whole pay-per-instance issue. You are setting a dangerous precedent that have a lot of people very nervous about the direction of the game - which has already been going in a certain direction that we mostly accept due to we are not so dumb as to not realize you are a business first. However, a lot of your loyal long-time players are waiting to see what happens here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    You forget that a lot of people do not have the plat to spend 2 on every round. It may not seem like much to an adult, and yes there is Tapjoy to help a little bit, but Tapjoy offers are not endless either. Not to mention many of these players cannot afford the pretty expensive and not proven super-effective Luck Elixirs constantly either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

JustG, can the WF be free on christmas day?

No need to reply, but at least give it some consideration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    JustG, can the WF be free on christmas day?

No need to reply, but at least give it some consideration.
    That'd be some good PR.
    Wikipedia "Bread and Circuses"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Moogerfooger, notice I said "cost" implying there is a cost. I agree 100% with what you said. I'm only stating that when you are spending it won't cost too much. The main thing I hate is the concept itself. If it ever progreses further than this one instance, you can count me out.

Edit: @appleisaac not every round "like every round" lol that means about 3/4
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 12-16-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The 500 plat vanity was just a test to see how much some people are willing to cough up. It's funny how the same people who are complaining now are the same people who bought the 500 plat vanity.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Slush For This Useful Post: