Thread: NEW PVP mode, COMPETITIVE PvE & Server based Chat system *BLAST OF IDEAS*

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Lightbulb NEW PVP mode, COMPETITIVE PvE & Server based Chat system *BLAST OF IDEAS*

Please pay attention and read carefully, as there's lot thought process behind not just said something without thinking the consequences.

Intro : So before I start, I wanna say that this is not meant to be suggestions but more like some interesting ideas, I'm not calling suggestions because then I'd EXPECT it to happen irrespective what we got from this game considering it's small player base and it's age then sts & cinco knows best the business perspective of current Pl status. It's just for that I'm full of ideas and I love to through interesting ideas that strike my mind at my most favorite game even if the ideas ain't considered here maybe something somewhere at new sts games and when I have an idea the first priority for me is that how much possible effort it need, which I try to keep MINIMAL considering PL status and then also how PL can be beneficial economically doing so.

TLDR? - Before you through the comment, this is an old small game, can't happen all these blah blah, well chill, enjoy some ideas.

So I've here three ideas -
    1> A NEW PVP MODE with some interesting twist & even monetization at PvP. (Well sit back, I'd never vouch for pay 2 win system)
    2> COMPETITIVE PVE (no not that one we do to compete score at pve, REAL COMPETITIVE PVE)
    3> SERVER BASED CHAT SYSTEM (A whole next level of social aspect)

A NEW PVP MODE

Layer 1 : A PvP map without any team where anyone can kill anyone other way saying everybody can kill everybody, Let it be 10 players map, So after 2 minutes initial lobbing time the countdown start, Let's say 5 minutes time to finish the match. One can't revive, gonna stay at ground and watch till the game end, of course without that huge Revive popup image and an option to quit, so he can watch the rest of the fight and then the last man standing alive win the game.
    A) Not much of a hard work I bet
    B) No need a new map
    C) Possible exploitation, I'm gonna talk it latter.

Layer 2 : We can't host the map, we will have to enter it through portal then we need small amount of gold entry fee, whenever we enter and then get it gold back if it wasn't a successful match somehow, even though, it not necessarily have to fill all 10 contestants, maybe 4-5 is enough and then if there's no more player is joining after lobbing time is over, the countdown will start and no other player will be able to join further.

Layer 3 : Any participating player can put a bet on somebody which will require small amount of plat, what it will do, if my favorite player win, upon whom I put the bet of 5 plat (lets say) at beginning of the game, I'll get half of the prize of the winning prize and if not then I'll loose the plat.

Layer 4 : It would be also cool if the bet person (upon whom somebody put a bet) get a small percentage of the prize as well. For an example let's say the last man standing get 10 unit of prize and there were 2 other player put a bet on him, that those two other persons get 5 unit each and the game winning person get 10 (for winning) + 4 (2 unit per bet, there were two betting persons)

Prize : Very interesting again here, so the basic prize of winning is 10 shards (parts of something) and some small amount of gold. 1000 shards can be combined to a vanity at NPC & for these kinda vanity I'd like something with small stats eg 50 armor / damage what the vanity, I'd not care that can be anything existing but the stats I mentioned, what would make it more interesting is that, if the shard is tagged with class name and u can only combine same class type shard into vanity, so let's say if you win shards with bear class, u get bear shards. Finally there can be 5 types of shards because there are 5 classes and more interestingly each type of vanity from these shards will provide different stats for the vanity, for example - Bear shard vanity = +50 Armor, Bird = +50 damage. mage = +25 damage, +25 armor, Rhino = +20 crit, Fox = +50 hit (well i'm not saying here, they are class bound nope not, that they just earned by those classes but can anybody equip with a criteria of L110. Also the final vanity can be tradable with gold or maybe exclusive but stashable, exclusive seems better it will encourage everyone to take part and also earn for each class. So the prizes are available to anyone by winning or by betting & revenue for sts.

Note : 1> I have tagged as layers, becasue first layer is easier to implement than second one and third is more complex, so the idea behind is this, if it's hard to make at least it would be good to get some layers or at least something.
    2> About exploitation : Before the match start, during 2-3 minutes lobby time, you can see a screen of all player names where you can bet and also it's possible to bet on ourselves but it's not possible to identify anybody with this very simple method, there will be ONE SINGLE VANITY which is must to enter the arena and which will turn any class any player same looking. Name, titles and chat is disabled.

COMPETITIVE PVE

The real competitive PvE not score based competition with bit different monetization system and something that will encourage players to play each day and enjoy some pve content daily, all this described below -

Let's take a map, again not host-able, max but not necessarily 5 player's start at the same time, they spwn five different areas of a map and their goal is to reach the center as fast as possible by killing mobs in the path and a mini boss in the path, and the final boss is located at the center. So whoever reached first and got the boss's agro first get the opportunity to kill it, the other player's either can't enter it or will get killed if they do so, now only if the first person who got the aggro of the boss but couldn't kill it, then the second one who can get the aggro of the boss get the chance to kill it. To make it not so easy, During the fight the boss will have some buffs depending upon opponent class (well sometime I thing Why I'm making it more complex, it's because, if I leave that and make one type of buff for every class, then eventually players start to use one type of class to farm it, I don't have problem with that, but only if it to balance otherwise we can have same buff for the boss to keep it simple) The buff might be like- The boss get half of it's health restored in every 4 minutes (balancing is required depending upon the difficulty of the boss) or maybe - Boss get +1000 HP per 4 minute against fox, bird, mage and +500 damage per 4 minutes against bear, rhino (Tank classes)

Now - 1) The dungeon is optimized for solo, as everyone would do solo, there's no co-op
    2) There's only one person out of 5, can kill and get the loot from the boss
    3) Minimum 3 players required if 5 couldn't join during lobby time lets say 2 minutes
    4) No existing elix should work here, that ruin the purpose rather the monetization system is like this - To enter the dungeon we will need keys, Everyone get 5 free keys everyday from a NPC, after that if anyone is interested he can buy more keys, the cost will rise with number you buy, for first 5 keys you spend 5 plat per key for next 5 keys you spend 6 plat per key and like this the number will keep growing but will get reset each day means does not matter how much key you brought yesterday, today you need to spend 5plat per key for first 5 keys.
    5) The mini boss I mention which locate in the path of the everyone can have some chance to drop the keys.

PRIZE : Loot from the boss, again 5 units lets say shards & some gold, and then 5000 shards required to craft a vanity with similar features like pvp ones or just special effect, whatever. Bet system can also be here to multiply the rewards or to get prizes with plat if you're unable to compete and win. This will encourage players to play each day to utilize the free keys each days.

SERVER BASED CHAT SYSTEM or Social aspect to a whole new level

I thought about it a long time ago but then I thought that what the rules and regulations that sts wanna go through etc etc but then I recently played a game with similar features and the chat system is as good as discord without the voice aspect much and then thought if other games are doing this, then maybe why not again it's just a thought.

Probably not a proper term, but by "server based chat" I meant, whenever we start a chat with someone or create a group chat or even for guild chat, there's a dedicated server for that which stays there even if we log off and close the game, we can retrieve and read whatever was said whenever we log in and what more, there can be in game and out of game notifications as well, if I could not explain that, it's simply like discord, imagine the direct message, imagine a group chat etc

Now top of that, one step ahead it's possible to share images in a chat group or friends or atleast the android / iOS keybord emojies available to share, Yes as I mentioned earlier the one game has all these, thats why I said, as good as discord.

-------------------------

Footnote : OK, I wanted to type more but then fingers hurt hahaha, I mean, I can explain or answer anything regarding this if anyone has any question query or criticism.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Waug; 07-10-2019 at 10:09 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post: