Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding: Absence of Guardians of Alterra

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I kinda see GoA's like a good Samaritan. They are usually not recognized for good deeds or acts of heroism, but they do it because they believed in it and did what they thought was right.
    Couldn't have said it better. +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Hey! Yeah, I agree with you, he is entitled to his opinion just like anyone else. But, if you, idk, actually read what I wrote, you will see that I didn't tell him he wasn't entitled to voice his opion. In fact, just the oposite: I asked him to clarify his position - not delete it.
    My post was deleted by the moderators. Apparently it was too "negative". Either way, I have made it clear that I have no aspirations to become a GoA.

But reading through the rest of your posts, you seem like a good candidate for GoA.

1. Long posts
    2. Appears to be quite active on forums since recently joining

Best of all,
    3. Promotes the official line while disagreeing with those that don't

Edit:
    By the way, I was not being sarcastic.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 12-17-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default yea

Sts should pick some more! I agree, I haven't seen a lot of my alterra friends on pl....
    Jugernuget (66) Proud Member of Hella Good
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Hey! Yeah, I agree with you, he is entitled to his opinion just like anyone else. But, if you, idk, actually read what I wrote, you will see that I didn't tell him he wasn't entitled to voice his opion. In fact, just the oposite: I asked him to clarify his position - not delete it.

Yes, he is entitled to go through life catagorizing people as "low-quality" and others as "high-quality".

He is entitled to come to the forum and say, "I think the GoA Program should be abolished because the more recent generations are "low-quality" and their "quality has declined". But, if he does, other people are going to say, "hmm... I don't think these people are low-quality". That's ok for people to do.

I think that if someone is going to make such a statement, they should be prepared to back it up. Especially when said about 15 times in the last week and especially when suggesting such a large/dramatic change. But, if he can't or don't want to back it up, that's ok too. He is entitled to share his opinion even if he can't/won't back it up.

As far as the "insult" thing goes. Saying someone is "low-quality" is an insult. Like saying someone is ignorant. It's an insult. Now, maybe it is your opinion that someone is ignorant, mabe you're even right, but it is still an insult. But this list of GoA are not low-quality.

But, if someone is really going to insist that the GoA program should end and state the primary reason for that is because they are low-quality, I think they should back that up. But, you're right, they don't have to, lol.

Again: Mysticaldream, Ellyidol, Apollo, Redbridge, petrichior, woundedeagle, Otukura, Jaytb, CrimsonTider, StompArtist, Conradin, NavyGreen, and Darkfader
    I'm sorry, but I have absolutely zero interest in debating the pros/cons of yours or WhoIsThis' points. To be honest, I could care less about this argument. I merely stated he is entitled to state his opinion repeatedly if he wants, and so are you, and for you to try and belittle his opinions as "insults" is no bueno. WhoIsThis thinks about everything he says before typing it, I can promise you that from knowing him in-game and off-line/email for over a year. He thinks everything out, and has his opinions for thought-out reasons. I am not necessarily agreeing with him, but again I care ZERO about this argument so you are wasting your time trying to convince me of why you think he is wrong. Respectfully, you are in no position to criticize anyone for repeatedly bringing up a point, to be honest. It is a free forum, and as long as he or you or any of us do not violate the ToS or run afoul of the devs, everyone's say on matters in trying times as these are equally important, or at any time.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 12-18-2011 at 12:23 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    I liked the game in early 2011. It was fun, everyone was nice and had fun
    Ah, tell me bout it Swim. Good times.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger:515575
    Again: Mysticaldream, Ellyidol, Apollo, Redbridge, petrichior, woundedeagle, Otukura, Jaytb, CrimsonTider, StompArtist, Conradin, NavyGreen, and Darkfader
    I merely stated he is entitled to state his opinion repeatedly if he wants, and so are you, and for you to try and belittle his opinions as "insults" is no bueno.

Respectfully, you are in no position to criticize anyone for repeatedly bringing up a point, to be honest. It is a free forum, and as long as he or you or any of us do not violate the ToS or run afoul of the devs, everyone's say on matters in trying times as these are equally important, or at any time.[/QUOTE]

Once again, lol, I agree. I wasn't critisizing him for bringing up a point. If there was any criticism at all, it was for not backing up his point. That is why I asked him to clarify it.

Again, I wanted him to back up his point, not delete it.

Think: If I didn't want him to bring up his opinion, why on earth would I ask him to back it up, lol. I would stop talking to him in hopes he would stop discussing it.

Some members are wailing on and on about how the devs aren't listening to them. This whole thread is an excellent example of how that is not true. In the two long posts that he made, WhoIsThis did an fantastic job of compiling many people's thoughts into an orderly list to help try to make sense and perhaps bring about some changes that they think will be improvements. It was a monumental job and he was thanked a great deal for doing it.

Now, in this thread, a dev actually took the time to say basically, "I respect your opinion, in fact, I respect it so much, please tell me more". The dev said this twice.

Now, the op had a fantastic chance to bring some brilliant insight to light. But, what happened, lol? Instead of stating some logical reason why the GoA program should be scrapped, he gave two reasons that, well, don't make an intelligent arugment in favor of ending the program.

The two reasons he gave was:

1. newer GoAs haven't written any guides
    2. non-GoAs have stopped asking how to become a Goa

Well, everyone knows that GoA's are not expected to write guides. Look at the original posts that define what the GoA program is.

Likewise, everyone knows that people are not supposed to ask how to become a GoA. That's been stated by devs and when people do that they get jumped fast and hard by several people. (Not to mention the fact that at least 2 people asked how to be a GoA on THIS thread.)

It is my opinion, that most the people who keep harping on the idea of disbanding the GoA program are simply bitter and poor sports about who has been picked. It is not that the GoAs are "poor quality". It is because the people complaining wanted to be GoA themselves (or someone they liked).

This poor sportsmanship would be better handled by that wonderful gift, "The Private Message", instead of repeatedly insulting our current GoAs.

As far as the "insult" thing goes. First off, the only reason I am even making any part of THIS post is cuz MF keeps saying that I'm critisizing the op for giving his opinion.

Opinions and insults are two different things. Sometimes something can be both:

Example 1: "I think peperoni pizza is the best kind."

That's my opinion. Some would agree, some won't. And there is nothing insulting about it. It is a simple opinion.

Example 2: "I think someone (specific) is ignorant."

That's my opinon. Some would agree, some won't. And it is INSULTING. It's an opinion that is also an insult.

I find it hard to believe that this needs to be explained.

I'm not complaining that he brought it up 15 times, at least, in the last week. As stated above, if I'm complaining at all, I am complaining cuz he keeps bringing it up without backing it up.

Now, some might say, well, I don't want to back up my opinion. I want to make a wild statement, give no proof or reasoning. Well, ok, go for it, lol. But, if you do, then you can't complain if you "opinions" are not taken seriously.

You can't say the devs are not listening to your opinions if you are not saying WHY you feel that way.

No one is going to take this seriously:

Guy A: "I think that the 2-plat per boss should be changed"

Guy B: Why?

Guy A: "Because it tarnishes the game"

Guy B: How does it "tarnish the game"?

Guy A: Well... hmm.. can't really say, but take my word for it, IT TARNISHES THE GAME.

Guy B: How does it "tarnish the game"?

Guy A: I already said, take my word for it....

Etc. etc. bla bla bla...................
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-18-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Lol, sorry, double post
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-18-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

With all due respect, Aikebo, I have repeatedly said I have zero interest in discussing the actual content of this argument between WhoIsThis and yourself. I did not say either you or he was right or wrong, nor was I agreeing with him. I merely stated he is entitled to his opinion and to state it repeatedly, as were you. You railed on him for posting something/an opinion repeatedly, which you yourself have done in the past.

Let me say this again so you see it, as you have obviously ignored my point: I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE ARGUMENT AND WHO IS RIGHT OR WRONG OR WHY. I read three lines of your post and stopped, because to be honest your posts are sometimes long-winded I lose interest, which is a shame because you often have excellent posts and viewpoints. And this comes from me, who tends to have long-er posts on occasion.

My only point is that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to belittle someone else's opinion, something YOU have often defended (people's individual opinions) in the past, was worth commenting on to me.

If you quit trying to convince people you are right and someone else is wrong, you would find more traction for your ideas. Look at Yvonnel's post. I disagree with him in some aspects, but I still respect his opinion because it is a well-thought out post, like may of yours. I did not try to argue why he was wrong, in my eyes. I already respected Yvonnel anyway from times past, but now even more so for being able to make a sweet post, even if I disagree with it.

I think we all need to hug it out, and remember no one is 'wrong' for their opinions Ultimately, arguing 'right' or 'wrong' on an internet forum is like sticking your head in a blender: Painful, noisy, and at the end of the day, pretty stupid

Imma gonna go play some SL and PL, see ya.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 12-18-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

someone mentioned, a few comments back the AoA's...uhm they don't do much to help all they do is stand in forest haven most of the time, but they're afk a lot of that time as well...or simply disregard questions players might have.
    Don't get me wrong some are very helpful just not all...

And I second Siejo lol he is awesome. I should know I'm his secretary lololol

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I love pepperoni pizza too yum...I'm hungry now
    Last edited by saool; 12-18-2011 at 03:10 PM.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I enjoyed reading this thread, through all topic variations. Did notice several opinions not entirely in line with my own, but found most enlightening!
    Thank you, that is all.
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger:516014
    I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE ARGUMENT AND WHO IS RIGHT OR WRONG OR WHY
    Moogerfooger, I get it, we all get it, you don't care about WhoIsThis's opinions. Ok, that's ok. If you're glad about that, I'm glad about that too. But, in my previous posts, I wasn't speaking to you, sorry. I wasn't trying to ignore you. Just, stating my opinion. In fact, in the last post, I only refered to you in the third person. That means, I obviously wasn't speaking to you directly. So, no need to worry, I understand that you don't agree or disagree.

Ok, so the rest of this post after this paragraph, I am no longer speaking directly to you. I am just responding to the thread in general. Enjoy your gameplay.

Disagreeing, is not belittling. When people post on here, they need to be prepared for people voicing opposite opinions. If they are afraid of a this, they should use that "Wonderful Gift" the "Private Message" to get their point across to the devs.

As far as the length of my posts. Last night I made a long post, and apologized, because in that SPECIFIC case, I really wasn't thinking and hit submit before checking for length. I "all capped" specific just now cuz I don't want to try to say that my long posts in the past have been accidental. That's not what I'm saying, just that one.

But, right now, at this point, tons of people are making HUGE LONG POSTS THAT DWARF mine. In fact, speaking of dwarfs, several people's including this op's make my posts look shorter than Sleepy, Dopey or any of the other dwarves.

It is hypocritical to tell someone to keep their posts short when you disagree with them but accept posts that are WAY, WAY, WAY longer because you agree with them. I'm not pointing fingers, but it's not cool to do that. No post should ever be longer than it needs to be. But, my posts are short compared MANY MANY others of just the last 3 days and also the last two weeks.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-18-2011 at 04:05 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

In fact, speaking of dwarfs, several people's including this op's make my posts look shorter than Sleepy, Dopey or any of the other dwarves.
    Lolz at dwarves. And I rag on other people for post length privately, don't think I pick on just you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

The proof is in the pudding.... Or quote from Samhayne, lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    GoA and Star Guard are "thank you" recognition from STS for players who go above and beyond. They are in no way obligated to do anything as a result of receiving this recognition.

-------AEO-------

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

I'm here in forums daily and ingame daily but switching between all of my twinks so ppl might not see me ingame active. ;]
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saool View Post
    someone mentioned, a few comments back the AoA's...uhm they don't do much to help all they do is stand in forest haven most of the time, but they're afk a lot of that time as well...or simply disregard questions players might have.
    Don't get me wrong some are very helpful just not all...

And I second Siejo lol he is awesome. I should know I'm his secretary lololol
    AFK and not always around I your view, I can understand. Disregard for others questions, bias.

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #97
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Hey guys,

Thank you for your feedback about the Guardians. I think there were a lot of good points made and I'm sure there is room for improvement moving forward. Your thoughts have given us some ideas to work with and I think that is a good thing.

Unfortunately this thread has sort of devolved into arguing and whatnot so I'm going to close it at this point. Thank you for the input though, it is really appreciated!