Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Open Letter to Devs: Regarding Winter Festiva and other topics already addressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Open Letter to Devs: Regarding Winter Festiva and other topics already addressed.

Please, don't lock this.
    I'm trying to get a clean message across, and it's not possible on the "feedback" thread where, by your actions, you don't even pay attention to the main points of our posts, preferring to tell us that it's "optional" and "this game is free".

It's not exactly "constructive" but it's not "rage/rant either." No bad language this time from me, Pandar.

Dear Devs,
    This is a open letter to you, I'm sure you know already.

The game is free. But it's insanely hard to play with just tapjoy. Ask anyone. I bet you less than 15% of the forumers here have lived only on tapjoy alone, or spent less than 25$ on PL. I've read the majority of posts on "I MADE IT TO 66" posts, and apparently, most of them have spent between 100-500 plat on 66. Of course, there are gold elixirs, but they hardly do anything, and they last for FIVE minutes. It's terribly inconvenient for me, and probably other iSmallDevice users to scroll to the bottom to get the gold 1.5 elixirs after every run.

That's one of my problems.

Heres another problem:
    As stated in EVERY Feedback thread I've posted in, you and I know that PL has BELOW AVERAGE graphics.
    PL doesn't have the best gameplay.
    Yet most people spend more on PL than WORLD OF WARCRAFT players. In WoW, I just payed the subscription, didn't buy any "optional" things. But that was fine, because WoW is an IMMENSE MMO. HUGE. I think WoW costs about 144$ per year.. I think I've spent either a little more or a little less on PL. PL is mini. PL is actually not that good. Neither is SL.
    And I've spent near than money PER YEAR, playing a mobile MMO, that honestly, isn't actually that good.
    PL or SL are not immense. They're not even fairly good MMOs, it's just because you have no competition. Yet. You saw how you lost a bunch of players to O&C. And O&C isn't even that good. It's just better looking and has better gameplay, and graphics.

But you know why I stick around? Because PL has the BEST community I have EVER seen, in ANY MMO, or game, anywhere.
    But the community quality is declining too.
    You've tainted it by showing you CAN get GoA/AoA, by just saying POSITIVE things about STS. Time and time again, I've actually offered up SOME constructive criticism (Read it and weep, it's true, actually.) only to be countered by a SUPER PRO-STS forumer/player whose argument makes no sense, and does not even address my problem/post. I've had it up to here, no here, no HERE, with several of these people, and I DID release that in a post you deleted on the Feedback thread.
    Perhaps you should have just edited it out, I felt the rest of the post was construcutive.

Time and time again, I have posted something anti-STS, to be countered with "at least you can log on" or "it's optional" or "you can play for free", things that I have heard...time and time again.

I get that.
    But "at least you can log on"?
    No comment.

"It's optional"?
    I know that I've already addressed that here, to no avail what. so. ever.: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-my-solutions.

"You can play for free"
    Just read complaint #2 in that thread posted above.

Heres another on my my problems:
    You've ditched PL for SL.
    PL is your baby. What you've done to it has rocked me and several others to the point where we understand what it's all about now. I'm not Noobmigo to you anymore. I'm more like $NOOBMIGO$, to you, aren't I? I'm just another demographic, another statistic on how STS can make a game that has no competition besides it's sister game, and don't improve upon the game, and still make money.
    You don't even churn out quality campaigns for PL anymore. Those new SL campaigns are so much better than PLs.
    And that's what's crazy. PL probably has more players than SL.
    Which means PL has more spending potential than SL. So why exactly are you making us so frustrated to the point that SOME of us are even disgusted by buying Platinum?

Here's my last problem:
    Your lack of creativity.

You released MF in two months.
    Hooray...?
    I would rather wait two THOUSAND months for a better campaign to come out than wait TWO months for a repaint.

I haven't bought any plat in a month or two.
    I'm sure if this keeps up, SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will make a thread about "a boycott on buying platinum." You'll lock it time and time again.
    Do you REALLY want this to happen?

Perhaps we can gain a little infamy.
    PL as the first MMO to have an Occupy movement.

Here's my challenge to you: CAN you make a game that has enough quality that I don't have to hinge on the fact that several dear friends play, and if they quit, I'll quit?
    Think about it.

Oh, and one more.
    Your ability to drive players to the point of insanity O.o as seen here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...p-Off-PL-guild!!!

--Migo.

[Copy and pasted and ready to load again if deleted.]
    Last edited by noobmigo; 12-17-2011 at 10:36 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to noobmigo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I'd have to agree, things aren't going as we hoped and need serious reform.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We have read and heard all this before. We are doing our best, and we really hope you like the game, but if our efforts don't satisfy your needs we understand if you want to go elsewhere.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com