Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A troubling quote with troubling implications

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo:515213
    Didn't say I didn't like it, I said quote me here, "they aren't that great."
    I guess I don't like it. Which is why I'm taking off.

the man probably skipped the part where I said "I'll quit if my friends quit" which they are right now. And he gives me a "please quit" when I already am quitting.
    \
    I hope you do not quit. But, his post was in response to what you were saying. You said at least 8 times how much you disliked pl and sl and then talked about quiting. What do you want him to say? And in other posts also you said the same thing.

People keep asking for better content but lower plat prices. How does anyone think that is possible?
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandar View Post
    He was specifically talking to one person with a giant list of demands and I think some of you are being like tabloid writers and blowing things out of proportion.

Guys, this game isn't made for just one person. It is made for an entire community of people, and it is also a business. Businesses change their game plans based on what will help bring in revenue and at the end of the day - you vote with your wallet. If the majority of the community is happy to spend money on X, then X is going to stay. If no one buys it, then it'll probably go.

I'm not saying that your guy's feedback isn't being listened to, or isn't being taken seriously - but in some cases remember that you might be a part of the vocal minority and JustG is acknowledging to that specific person that he can't make every single one happy.

We have programs like AoA and GoA and special events and even just the existence of the forum itself is evidence that STS cares about it's core community and pays attention to it.
    Dear Pandar,

I feel that a bunch of people agree with me.
    Actually I feel that I agree with a bunch of people.

I'm definitely not speaking for myself.

I'm speaking for the GoAs that are leaving (StompArtist, DRH [break]), apparently WhoIsThis and Pharcyde agree with me.
    Lowlyspy did too, where is he now?

I'm sure I obviously don't have any say whatsoever in what you do, as a noob, but WhoIsThis?

What I'm saying is do something about it.

See ya in 2013 Pandar.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to noobmigo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy:515207
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    There are far larger implications than to one person on what he is saying - I think he was addressing the entire community with this one.
    I think you are wrong and you are only hearing what you want to hear. He was talking specifically to one person.
    Yes, this is exactly right. WhoIsThis, how is linking to a locked thread and purposly trying to spread drama going to help anything? What else was justg supposed to say? He said he was going to quit if his friends quit.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    I hope you do not quit. But, his post was in response to what you were saying. You said at least 8 times how much you disliked pl and sl and then talked about quiting. What do you want him to say? And in other posts also you said the same thing.

People keep asking for better content but lower plat prices. How does anyone think that is possible?

We're actually bantering about better content, and pricey gold elixirs that match the plat elixirs.
    I don't care about the platinum prices, I didn't, but the quality STS is putting out, from someone who's played through all the campaigns but MF, that started 1 year and several months ago, does not match any of the standards they have set.

I study economics in college and THIS is my problem.

HOW can you raise prices, SO MUCH, and release quality content that is SO LOW compared to their standards they've set, and EXPECT NOT to get any trouble?

Oh right, theres plenty of kids with plenty of money who just don't care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Yes, this is exactly right. WhoIsThis, how is linking to a locked thread and purposly trying to spread drama going to help anything? What else was justg supposed to say? He said he was going to quit if his friends quit.
    I maintain that what he said has very troubling implications. If you can't see what's happening ... well, I have nothing further to say to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo:515256

HOW can you raise prices, SO MUCH, and release quality content that is SO LOW compared to their standards they've set, and EXPECT NOT to get any trouble?
    STS games win award after award. There is nothing wrong with the quality. Several people just today, say they can't find a better one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

STS games win award after award. There is nothing wrong with the quality. Several people just today, say they can't find a better one.
    Like I said, no competition, there are 2 MMOs that are OK for mobile, PL, O&C, with OC being cheaper and graphically advanced, just brought down by it's own devs and communities..

Can someone say realist?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Because STS is a award chaser. Aikie you need to wake up and smell the coffee bud. Or stop trying to convince us otherwise. Your level of experience with STS is minimal, and you are very biased. I have chosen a side after much though and consideration to ALL sides. Sooo do your research or stop saying the same thing over and over again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It's amazing how many complaints there are in these forums. Just because you guys have "been with STS since the very start" doesn't mean they automatically have to cater to your every need. It's a business, not a charity for workers to donate all their time and money to make the 1% of players who are actually on the forums happy. So the weapons in Nuri's Hallows are spears, which have already been used. Do you expect STS to invent a new kind of weapon? A new terrain that doesn't even exist? Slash the prices of vanity pets just because you're jealous of the people who can actually afford it? There's no legitimate reason to complain about these when the people who buy them are no better off than the ones that didn't. Elixirs too expensive for you? Power leveling "frowned upon"? Some people don't have the patience to spend countless hours grinding to the maximum level. Do they not have the right to spend THEIR 40 plat to get an elixir that will level them up faster? Will it really kill you if someone gets to 66 faster than you? You guys need to stop thinking the world revolves around you and "everyone" (or about 20 people of the millions that play SL). What is in this for STS? I was personally stunned by the new Voleria campaign. It includes beautiful terrain, completely original enemies and bosses, new items, and a great new challenge. But since not every campaign is as great as AO3, you need to complain? Please. I dont care if I have a horrible reputation after posting this. Go ahead and flame. But just think about what I have said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azamaster View Post
    ...Will it really kill you if someone gets to 66 faster than you? You guys need to stop thinking the world revolves around you and "everyone" (or about 20 people of the millions that play SL). What is in this for STS? I was personally stunned by the new Voleria campaign. It includes beautiful terrain, completely original enemies and bosses, new items, and a great new challenge. But since not every campaign is as great as AO3, you need to complain? Please. I dont care if I have a horrible reputation after posting this. Go ahead and flame. But just think about what I have said.
    Ummmmm, yeah...we are talking about PL. AO3 doesnt exist in SL nor has it been around for a year. Most PL users play SL too and have seen the awesome graphics and the maps and just want the same graphics with equally different maps.
    Last edited by kallima; 12-17-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

It's amazing how many complaints there are in these forums. Just because you guys have "been with STS since the very start" doesn't mean they automatically have to cater to your every need. It's a business, not a charity for workers to donate all their time and money to make the 1% of players who are actually on the forums happy. So the weapons in Nuri's Hallows are spears, which have already been used. Do you expect STS to invent a new kind of weapon? A new terrain that doesn't even exist? Slash the prices of vanity pets just because you're jealous of the people who can actually afford it? There's no legitimate reason to complain about these when the people who buy them are no better off than the ones that didn't. Elixirs too expensive for you? Power leveling "frowned upon"? Some people don't have the patience to spend countless hours grinding to the maximum level. Do they not have the right to spend THEIR 40 plat to get an elixir that will level them up faster? Will it really kill you if someone gets to 66 faster than you? You guys need to stop thinking the world revolves around you and "everyone" (or about 20 people of the millions that play SL). What is in this for STS? I was personally stunned by the new Voleria campaign. It includes beautiful terrain, completely original enemies and bosses, new items, and a great new challenge. But since not every campaign is as great as AO3, you need to complain? Please. I dont care if I have a horrible reputation after posting this. Go ahead and flame. But just think about what I have said.
    Actually this is one of the most sensible posts Pro-STS yet.

We aren't saying that they've been here from the very start.
    They're saying, they've invested TIME, MONEY, and...love(???) to the game of PL.

We're saying: if you weren't here at least a year or maybe a lil' less you wouldn't know exactly the decline of PL from it's best days to now.
    I know that's a little bit biased, actually a lot biased, but from a person who's experienced dead low (Mynas Gen) to new high (AO3) and now this new low and the decline of PL, I think I should have a little say instead of being written off by some proSTS nonsense post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

It's amazing how many complaints there are in these forums. Just because you guys have "been with STS since the very start" doesn't mean they automatically have to cater to your every need. It's a business, not a charity for workers to donate all their time and money to make the 1% of players who are actually on the forums happy.
    A business cannot remain a viable business without keeping the bulk of its customers happy. If the forums and my in game indications are any trends ... well, the sheer volume of complaints should give you some idea of what is happening.

I have not been here from the start by the way, but you clearly are used to paying for lower quality content than at its peak and much more than we are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Mhm... Already the two replies only criticize the parts they can prove wrong. "Pro-STS" has some bad connotation like I'm supporting a dictator or something. How "nonsense" am I really just because I haven't seen every little move STS has made? I mention SL in one teeny part of my post (which is still STS even if the thread is PL).
    Last edited by Azamaster; 12-17-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Mhm... Already the two replies only criticize the parts they can prove wrong. "Pro-STS" has some bad connotation like I'm supporting a dictator or something.
    LOL, how?
    If any, ANTI-STS should be the bad connotation.

JTLYK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

As I already said, the people on the forums aren't "a bulk" of the customers here. The small percentage of people who have actually been here for a long time are not even close to a majority of the people playing PL and SL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

As I already said, the people on the forums aren't "a bulk" of the customers here. The small percentage of people who have actually been here for a long time are not even close to a majority of the people playing PL and SL.
    Definitely not, but I assure you, the majority of players in PL are upset over the changes.
    Maybe not in SL, where it's all good...kinda, but in PL it's viva la revolucion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Just because all the end-game guilds agree (again, a biased majority) doesn't mean a majority of people would. I'm sure if you asked people who you actually knew wouldn't tell you what you wanted to hear, you would get quite different feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Aza, you're going to find that if you talk to the players who have invested the most amount of time in PL (and thus the most profitable customers) that things are not going the way that they would like. I have nothing further to say to you. Yes, the forums only represent a minority, but I know that there are many others who share our views.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo:515333
    Definitely not, but I assure you, the majority of players in PL are upset over the changes.
    Maybe not in SL, where it's all good...kinda, but in PL it's viva la revolucion.
    Agreed, there used to be 20-30 persons online on my friendlist now it is 10 if I'm lucky. And everyone I talk with is far from happy. I started playing pl since April but even I can see they are clearly taking the wrong path here...
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Just saying, I'm not trying to annoy people and start an argument. I'm just putting my opinion out there for others to think about. And even though I have only been around since May, I know enough that I'm not completely blind to what has gone on in the past.
    Last edited by Azamaster; 12-17-2011 at 08:02 PM.