Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A troubling quote with troubling implications

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azamaster View Post
    Just saying, I'm not trying to annoy people and start an argument. I'm just putting my opinion out there for others to think about. And only though I've only been around since May, I know enough that I'm not completely blind to what has gone on in the past.
    Haha, you're really not annoying anyone.
    We're all just trying to prove a point sensibly, which the devs can't seem to do right now.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

There still is just enough people paying to be profitable... It wont be until STS falls out of the black that they will make a change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

That's basically STS's entire argument wrapped up in one post. If the majority of the people really were against STS, they would definitely know. I'll admit they aren't changing much at all, and they won't unless the true majority starts to boycott platinum.
    Last edited by Azamaster; 12-17-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azamaster View Post
    That's basically STS's entire argument wrapped up in one post. If the majority of the people really were against STS, they would definitely know.
    I repeat - just enough.

It is obvious business is down compared to last year.

last year, the holiday event was HUGE.

This year, so little maps are open with people farming. Not nearly as many investors for the holidays.

So yeah, they know..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde:515298
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    STS games win award after award. There is nothing wrong with the quality. Several people just today, say they can't find a better one.
    Because STS is a award chaser. Aikie you need to wake up and smell the coffee bud. Or stop trying to convince us otherwise. Your level of experience with STS is minimal, and you are very biased. I have chosen a side after much though and consideration to ALL sides. Sooo do your research or stop saying the same thing over and over again.
    Pharcyde, I can see that you have considered both sides of this situation. That is very true.

They wouldn't have won those awards if they didn't deserve them. Weren't you one of the ones who said they couldn't find a better mobile mmo? If, I'm wrong, I apologize. But, I thought it was you who said that you would quit and play a (pc) game if you had the time in your life to devote to it.

PL is not as massive as massive mmo's. It's a game for the phone. And yeah, it is the best one going right now. And STS is trying to keep it that way.

People keep asking for better content AND cheaper plat prices. How does anyone think both those things can happen?

And, yeah, I have list of grievances. Very short, yeah, but it's there. I just havn't wrote my post yet, cuz, I wanted to play the xmas map a legitimate amount of times before I formed all my opinions.

But, I can't buy all the things that I want to. I cannot afford to buy enough plat. When they raised the high-level xp anywhere elixr to 60 plat an hour, I felt like I had my teeth kicked out. I was so genuinely thrilled in real life that I can now xp in maps that were fun for me instead of being spoon fed content. I really was so happy. I mean feeling joyous. But then - POW. I spent the next few minutes picking my teeth up off the ground. Cuz I can't afford 60 plat for that, 40 for luck and 36 for 4x (or even 14 for 2x combo).

I was so sad. Then after few minutes, a feeling of relief washed over me. Cuz at that point I realized that I didn't have to feel guilty about not buying more plat. I've boughten plenty, but always wished I could buy more both for my sake and sts's sake. So, I just became content with playing alts when I get a hankering for these other maps.

But, yeah, like others I was looking forward to xmas. Had no idea was gonna be 2 plat a run. I thought someone was joking when I first saw that. I can't buy any more plat in Dec. I still need to get to 66, but can do that in Jan. So, I was thinking I'd use up the plat that I got. But, if I have to also do 40 plat an hour to get any pinks, I'm not going to be able to play xmas that much. So far no luck elixrs bought = no pinks gained.

But, why should I be MAD at sts because in my personal life I'm not in a position to buy lots of plat. This is not their fault. Sure I wish things were cheaper. But, if things were cheaper, they''d just have to come up with other ways to get plat. But, it is not their fault, I cant pay this kind of money to play.

It seems obvious to me, that they have a customer base that can afford to pay that. If that's true, why aren't people happy. We should be estatic, cuz they paying more of the bills than I am. (I would buy more if I could).

They are not being greedy. They have to make money for:

1. All operating expenses including
    2. Salaries
    3. Basic profit
    4. Profit to satisfy their financial backers
    5. Millions and millions to produce all this QUALITY, EPIC, CREATIVE content that everyone is clamouring for.

Samhayne said that not only do they have big plans for PL and SL but also making new games IN ADDITION to Dark Legends.

New games IN ADDITION to Dark Legends.

Why? Idk for sure, but I bet it is because there are many games being developed that will be competitors. STS HAS TO STAY AHEAD OF THAT.

STS not being greedy.

And, I've done research, actual research about this matter. I'm not any more biased than anyone else. Everyone saying the same thing over and over.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

That wasn't the beat choice of words. I guess I should say the problems aren't serious yet. They would be changing hugely if there were really problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde:515348
    There still is just enough people paying to be profitable... It wont be until STS falls out of the black that they will make a change.
    First off, if this is true, why does creating all this drama so important. If people really loved the game, they would not be creating all this drama.

If PL is really going to fail and then make changes, then the changes will be made.

But, see, I think you looking at things a bit backwards. Think for a minute. When they decided to do this 2 plat a run thing, they prob had a real good idea what many people on the forums were going to think. But, if so, why do it anyway. Why?, because they knew they had a large enough customer base to play. If we were in their shoes, we would not turn away a ton of profit for the company we were employed by for sentimental reasons.
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Pharcyde, I can see that you have considered both sides of this situation. That is very true.
    I cut your post down to copy/paste for key points. But first of all, you officially won my respect Aikiebo.

Samhayne said that not only do they have big plans for PL and SL but also making new games IN ADDITION to Dark Legends.
    - Yeah the devs already had massive plans for all these games. I remember JustG saying at one point in time that they had all the level caps already planned out to level 100 on all of their games.

Why? Idk for sure, but I bet it is because there are many games being developed that will be competitors. STS HAS TO STAY AHEAD OF THAT
    - We saw this big time with the release of Order and Chaos. A lot of players switched from PL to O&C. This is were a bulk of the issues started because STS made massive business changes to compete. A act of balancing - keep up with the market while not crapping on the vets.

But, why should I be MAD at sts because in my personal life I'm not in a position to buy lots of plat. This is not their fault. Sure I wish things were cheaper. But, if things were cheaper, they''d just have to come up with other ways to get plat. But, it is not their fault, I cant pay this kind of money to play.
    You should be mad. I would understand if sts invited you with the intentions of spending big bucks in the game. But through falsified advertising and a shift in marketing, it has trapped many many many players very devoted to the game, who cannot afford to keep up at the rate prices in game are rising.

People keep asking for better content AND cheaper plat prices. How does anyone think both those things can happen?
    By a shift in marketing. A good business can be very flexible in pricing and quality. It would be one thing if STS was suffering in the pocket, but we know they are not. They are seeing a very hefty profit. STS is insanely good at advertising and marketing. They take advantage of peoples wants and needs to be unique. One way is to sell a 5 dollar jetpack, 5 dollar balloon, 25 dollar pet, 25 dollar vanity omni thing, ect. It was a very successful move, because players are willing spend to look unique.

PL is not as massive as massive mmo's. It's a game for the phone. And yeah, it is the best one going right now. And STS is trying to keep it that way.
    They have one major advantage over all others. They are the first of their kind in virtually all aspects. That is why they get soo many rewards.

Weren't you one of the ones who said they couldn't find a better mobile mmo?
    Close enough :P. I said I came back because it was the only casual MMO that wasn't charging 250-400$ a month. My issue with STS is not the pricing of things, it is the lack of respect we got from them when we brought some key points up.

Anyways, I kinda had a Moment with Apollo earlier. I don't know what to believe anymore. Soo I'ma just sit back and watch.

First off, if this is true, why does creating all this drama so important. If people really loved the game, they would not be creating all this drama.
    Because we wanna see the game continue to be great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Actually, in their shoes, I'd consider the long term. As a business owner, I'd want a large happy base of customers that was very loyal. Brand loyalty is a great insulation for competition and a reliable source of revenues.

What I'd be interested in knowing is - what would have happened if they just charged a reasonable one time fee for the winter levels? They may very well have made more money.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Agreed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

[QUOTE=Pharcyde:515370]
    My issue with STS is not the pricing of things, it is the lack of respect we got from them when we brought some key points up.

Because we wanna see the game continue to be great.
    First off, I want to apologize to all. I made a pledge to keep my posts shorter. I just got carried away and hit submit before even hardly reading it. I didn't mean to do that. Guess old habits die hard, lol.

So, in that spirit, only gonna respond to couple things. And that is basically I forget to add this to my previous post. I think, at least for me, the biggest problem with the 2 plat per run thing was the SHOCK, the SURPRISE. I mean, there were so many people looking forward to xmas runs. People were ending posts on all subjects, with "oh boy xmas almost here" or w/e. Stuff like that.

Because it was such a shocking surprise it was like, well, like being blind sided or sucker punched. So, while, I totally understand why they doing the 2 plat per run thing. (I havn't made my full post to explain why I understand), I do agree, with what Pharcyde was saying about should have had bit more respect.

It would have been a billion times better, if they had approached the community and given us a heads up. I think that, while many still wouldn't have like it, it might have been better understood if we had been treated respectfully.

They didn't mean to be disrespectful, but that is how it landed.

We all want the game to be great. But, all this drama is NOT gonna help anything.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

[QUOTE=Aikiebo;515393]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde:515370
    We all want the game to be great. But, all this drama is NOT gonna help anything.
    Sadly the drama was a last ditch effort to try and help the game. I, as well as many other players am moving on. Back to Order and Chaos, and Cannot wait to spend some money at World of Midgard when it comes out in January.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

[QUOTE=Pharcyde;515395]

Sadly the drama was a last ditch effort to try and help the game. I, as well as many other players am moving on. Back to Order and Chaos, and Cannot wait to spend some money at World of Midgard when it comes out in January.
    Yup, yup.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

@Aikiebo:

You love throw numbers around as if you are privy to STS' financial data (cost millions and millions to develop content; millions are playing PL). Where are you getting your data from exactly? If you are affiliated with STS, tell us, otherwise don't pull numbers out of random orifices.

By the way, if STS is smart, it does not take millions to develop content. They should have a level editor software in place, and it's a matter of having artists to create models and textures, and level designers coming up with dungeon layout and the placement of mobs, bosses, etc. And STS is sure the heck not hiring additional artists and level designers based on PL newest contents lately.

Also, given that SL and PL shares the same engines and code base, why cant SL's maps be retextured and released to PL with minimal effort and cost? Millions and millions for new contents? So again, where you getting your numbers from?

I'll put your name forth for GOA, since you're the type of person that STS loves these days: never questioning their actions, blind loyalty, and inventing statistics to defend their decisions. Yup, perfect candidate to be the bearer of light for the new STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hey folks,

Just dropping in a reminder that while you're free to share your opinions and debate, we do ask that you ensure your posts are on topic, civil and constructive. Tempers may flare, but please refrain from inflammatory or condescending comments.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I see we've degenerated into name-calling and mocking now. Well, it was a productive discussion while it lasted...

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mackjack View Post
    By the way, if STS is smart, it does not take millions to develop content. They should have a level editor software in place, and it's a matter of having artists to create models and textures, and level designers coming up with dungeon layout and the placement of mobs, bosses, etc. And STS is sure the heck not hiring additional artists and level designers based on PL newest contents lately.
    They did spend like 2million on the game engine. No one knows if they have paid that off yet or not, we can only assume they have based on how many players there are and how many of them on average make some sort of platinum transaction.

(Could also be 1mil, can't remember and it was a ancient post about the game engine and investment.).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandar:515242
    Guys, this game isn't made for just one person. It is made for an entire community of people, and it is also a business. Businesses change their game plans based on what will help bring in revenue and at the end of the day - you vote with your wallet. If the majority of the community is happy to spend money on X, then X is going to stay. If no one buys it, then it'll probably go.
    Does this mean that the mindless buyers win out? They spend little to no time on forum cuz they are busy in game, always will for new gear for bragging rights and pvp. Im sorry if this is the case, which it seems to be, but then would forums even be needed they wouldnt care and it would save STS money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Wow. Our community is contradicting itself. Great job guys. I wonder why exactly the devs didn't like responding to peoples questions? Now I know. Because they get stabbed in the back. Instead of poking at a minor implication lets try and take things at face value ok?

The devs aren't stupid. They got our feedback. Honestly I believe they really have tried to change the way they talk to us. Pandar specifically has commented on several threads. Before Pandar I saw no one comment on threads.

We can't expect them to drastically change the game right away. Everything takes time. Right now, it's time to give the devs some time.

Btw, someone mentioned JustG respinded coldly instead of kidding around. I wonder why. Go read that 300+ comment rage thread and the other multiple rage threads. Go read fatpigwarriors thread about how he hates the devs now. Nuff said.

~MM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Does this mean that the mindless buyers win out? They spend little to no time on forum cuz they are busy in game, always will for new gear for bragging rights and pvp. Im sorry if this is the case, which it seems to be, but then would forums even be needed they wouldnt care and it would save STS money.
    Mindless buyers are any businessman's dream. $$$

But going back to the original problem - the reply we got from the highest levels. Either it was an rash and frustrated post or it was truth - what they really think at this point.

If possible, I'd like any mod or if Justg himself reads this, to tell us - is it time for us to leave? If so, mission accomplished. Noob is now taking off.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 12-17-2011 at 11:45 PM.