Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A troubling quote with troubling implications

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Default A troubling quote with troubling implications

" We have read and heard all this before. We are doing our best, and we really hope you like the game, but if our efforts don't satisfy your needs we understand if you want to go elsewhere. "
    - Justg

See the last post here (locked so I can't quote it).

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ady-addressed.

I'm asking for more clarification on what this means.

This kind of a response does not bode well at all. Does this mean that as a community, if you don't like our feedback, it's best off it we quit PL/SL altogether?
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 12-17-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I want to know what thier best means, cause if this is their best, it's not as good as I remember it to be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Sigh, I wouldve quit PL by now. But I got nowhere else to go. Like first I started playin Runescape. Then found out about Darkorbit. I started playing DO and rarely Runscape, I go on just for the events for runscape but nothin else. Then found out about PL. Barely Played DO and Never played at all.Even for the events. I mean just wait....Once I find something else to play Ohhhhh Its goodbye PL. Hate to say this and leave the community.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Basically, it's the professional way to say "Don't let the door hit you on the way out"...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I'm taking it exactly like that, I'll still lurk, drop in game from time to time to see friends, but it is LOTRO until Diablo 3 for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    I'm taking it exactly like that, I'll still lurk, drop in game from time to time to see friends, but it is LOTRO until Diablo 3 for me.
    I'm not sure Blizzard-Activision is great either; their content is good, but some of the experiences I have seen...

Plus the new game is not mod friendly either.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I'm at a loss right now. I'm looking for a casual game that is good. But none seem to exist anymore. I wish I could play extreme MMO's, but I don't think I can afford to give up anymore of my time to a lifetime videogame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I'm at a loss right now. I'm looking for a casual game that is good. But none seem to exist anymore. I wish I could play extreme MMO's, but I don't think I can afford to give up anymore of my time to a lifetime videogame.
    It's the reason why most of us are still here.

I wrote a long an in depth post on the matter.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-for-this-year

It would appear to be one of the most popular posts around. But the fact that I did such a thing should give you an idea of how much I want this game, this community to succeed.

Have you ever seen the Battletech universe?

They aren't very welcoming to new players, but among the older ones ... many have been fans for over 10 or 15 years and have kept playing, many after marriages growing up, and a bunch of other things. In fact, they are so dedicated that they even modded a game to create their own because nobody would make another Mechwarrior series.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 12-17-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

LMAO I just now read it.

Takin' off soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis:515154
    Does this mean that as a community, if you don't like our feedback, it's best off it we quit PL/SL altogether?
    No, he was not responding to the "community". He was responding to one person who was saying that he didn't like the game at all, he didn't like the graphics or the gameplay - that he was only here cuz he had friends on the forums - but if they quit he is gonna quit too.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Aikiebo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    No, he was not responding to the "community". He was responding to one person who was saying that he didn't like the game at all, he didn't like the graphics or the gameplay - that he was only here cuz he had friends on the forums - but if they quit he is gonna quit too.
    There are far larger implications than to one person on what he is saying - I think he was addressing the entire community with this one.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    There are far larger implications than to one person on what he is saying - I think he was addressing the entire community with this one.
    I think you are wrong and you are only hearing what you want to hear. He was talking specifically to one person.

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis:515189
    It's the reason why most of us are still here.

I wrote a long an in depth post on the matter.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-for-this-year

It would appear to be one of the most popular posts around. But the fact that I did such a thing should give you an idea of how much I want this game, this community to succeed.

Have you ever seen the Battletech universe?

They aren't very welcoming to new players, but among the older ones ... many have been fans for over 10 or 15 years and have kept playing, many after marriages growing up, and a bunch of other things. In fact, they are so dedicated that they even modded a game to create their own because nobody would make another Mechwarrior series.

HOLY CRAP. Thats long. Toke me 10min to read the whole thing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by largecommand View Post
    HOLY CRAP. Thats long. Toke me 10min to read the whole thing!
    And me several hours to type. But it should give you an idea of how strongly I wanted this to be a brief period of difficulty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    Didn't say I didn't like it, I said quote me here, "they aren't that great."
    I guess I don't like it. Which is why I'm taking off.

I'll be back if STS can do a turn-around.
    Hopefully it's never, because I feel quite disgusted by the response, the man probably skipped the part where I said "I'll quit if my friends quit" which they are right now. And he gives me a "please quit" when I already am quitting.

I've spent quote me here again, at least more than 100$ on this MOBILE game.
    That's 50$ too many for the product STS is putting forth right NOW.

I'm sure others are too, just visit the coming and goings section.

Brutal Honesty. <3

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    I think you are wrong and you are only hearing what you want to hear. He was talking specifically to one person.
    It would appear that way until you knew the old JustG. Before.. he was.. Just.. Soo freakin G. Now hes Just Gone. He makes very very specific nasty posts, when before, he used to be cool to talk to.

I understand you are newer Gaddy and don't see eye to eye with us veterans. I see your side as a new player, and I can see how it is very easy for STS to win new players hearts when something much more devious is going on behind the scenes.

Edit: Yeah I saw you joined 2010. But you have to be around STS, a lot, to see the changes that has happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    I am anti STS.

So, I am biased.
    You seem to be Pro STS, so you are biased.

Don't want to bring RL into the argument, but it's the only way I can think of right now.

Say, someone kills a person in...some city. The government and justice system of the city/state/country do NOTHING to respond to this.
    Won't you say this implies that they'll let other people kill off others, with no consequences?

I'm a realist.
    And I like to be brutally honest to the point where it get's annoying.

Soz.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I am very anti STS. After dropping 500+ on a mobile video game, after spending countless hours helping the community, after praising the devs every step of the way, they reply back by saying this is how it is, take it or leave it. I wanna know the exact date that STS turned sour - Oh thats right, the same date O&C was released and STS immediately started making serious changes in the community to compete.

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

He was specifically talking to one person with a giant list of demands and I think some of you are being like tabloid writers and blowing things out of proportion.

Guys, this game isn't made for just one person. It is made for an entire community of people, and it is also a business. Businesses change their game plans based on what will help bring in revenue and at the end of the day - you vote with your wallet. If the majority of the community is happy to spend money on X, then X is going to stay. If no one buys it, then it'll probably go.

I'm not saying that your guy's feedback isn't being listened to, or isn't being taken seriously - but in some cases remember that you might be a part of the vocal minority and JustG is acknowledging to that specific person that he can't make every single one happy.

We have programs like AoA and GoA and special events and even just the existence of the forum itself is evidence that STS cares about it's core community and pays attention to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

It would appear that way until you knew the old JustG. Before.. he was.. Just.. Soo freakin G. Now hes Just Gone. He makes very very specific nasty posts, when before, he used to be cool to talk to.

I understand you are newer Gaddy and don't see eye to eye with us veterans. I see your side as a new player, and I can see how it is very easy for STS to win new players hearts when something much more devious is going on behind the scenes.

Edit: Yeah I saw you joined 2010. But you have to be around STS, a lot, to see the changes that has happened.
    THIS^^ JustG used to joke and banter with us, if he disagreed he do it in a humorous way to get the point across, now the responses are curt and a bit cold. No playful banter, no witticisms countering our counterpoints. Maybe its' the stress of 3 games, maybe it's the holidays, I don't know but we def want the old G man back.