Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another (but hopefully more insightful) thread on the COP, Shield, and now Armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Default Yet another (but hopefully more insightful) thread on the COP, Shield, and now Armor

To begin with, there has been much controversy regarding the crown of persistence and the set bonuses that have since spawned. This thread is an attempt to settle this once and for all.

Most of this is intended for level cap PvP, but twinkers might find something of value and are encourage to read this.

Background Information
    Around Spring of 2011, one of the devs indicated shortly after the release of the Sewers that the Crown would in the future make up a set. Much speculation grew and during the Sewer days, people were disappointed that the crown had lackluster stats, with calls to make it a vanity, very much comparable to the Founder's Helm, although with stats tailored for each class. At least a few people did not get the crown because they felt it was not "worth" it.

Over 6 months later, Nuri's Hallows was released and at first, there was (to great disappointment) no vanity for reaching 61. Shortly after that, a vanity came out, the shield, and with it, a great controversy regarding the introduction of set bonuses. That controversy has largely torn up the community and has led to flaming.

All complaints thus far have been from PvP players.

Current Situation
    With each successive level, there will likely be a new vanity item (until they run out of vanity items anyways; although they can always introduce new ones) that will further boost stats. This is leading to a controversy between players as the gap between non-cap and cap increases.

Recommendations

To begin with, I believe that the set should be kept for PvP. Remember that many players spent platinum ONLY because they were going to get this in PvP, so removing it would have a strongly negative effect and a disincentive for players to level in the future, leading to more complaints in the future about lack of content.

1. As a courtesy to all new players, I recommend that whenever asked to do so in a 1v1, remove your vanity set. I think that out of fairness, it is well worth doing so in order to encourage further PvPing. Most veteran players can usually win against a beginner anyways. You only need to take the set off when asked in 1v1; leave it on for FFA or CTF.

To begin with, in an MMO, equipment makes a noticeable difference, but a combination of luck (from dodges, crits, and damage in the damage range) and most importantly, skill are decisive factors. If you have come from an RTS background (like me) or an FPS one, this will take some adjustment. I recommend that you get comfortable with your equipment in PvE and understand it's strengths/weaknesses first before PvPing.

I had an incident a while back in the demonic days:

I fought with an anonymous player (who I will not name) and won. The player called me a "noob", blamed the vanity set, and asked me to remove it. I complied.
    I then beat the player without the set. They claimed that demonic was the cause. This is not unreasonable, as I myself have found that demonic gives a HUGE advantage over the non-demonic glyph.
    Finally, I fought with Mega Mage and beat the player in level 60 glyph. They were at a loss and rage quit.

This is not an isolated event and I'm sure and most veteran PvPers can tell you about a very similar story.

The set has been described as the difference between victory and defeat. While the gap is growing with each new level cap, it's not as decisive as billed. Nonetheless, I recommend removing the set as a courtesy if asked.

Oh, and with the founder's helm ... same idea. Remove it if asked. I guess the stats on the founder's helm could make a big difference at low level twinking (especially under level 10). The higher the level, the less big of a difference the helm makes. Even at low level, I am not sure how big a difference it is. I used to be of the opinion myself that founder's could be decisive, but as the empirical evidence to the contrary piled up, quickly changed.

On the other hand, if you do not feel obligated to, should you remove the set? Hmm. By rights, you've earned your set and you have every right to wear it whenever you want. It's up to you, but under most circumstances I would. The exception may be dealing with a player who will whine even if you did comply. Likewise, the player that does not have the set may decline to fight if the other player with the set if they wish if the higher level refuses.

2. The next idea (optional) is a bit more controversial. I recommend that all players that created accounts before 30 days of Nuri's Hallows be given a quest. They need to kill 100,000 minions in Mt. Fang once they reach 66 to get a crown of persistence. Elixirs don't accelerate this one (because plat elixirs not around in their present form for the Sewers; players used a combination of just grinding and gold elixirs, which take time since you need to actually raise the gold needed to buy the elixirs, which is quite costly). The 30 day window is there because it would be hard to get to level cap outside of 30 days.

Players who have created new accounts within 30 days of Mt. Fang's release should get 2 quests for 100,000 minions (or be in a team that gets 100,000 minions; roughly the same). The same quest as before, but a second one for the shield. The shield one could be accelerated by elixirs (out of fairness, since we had them). They should get a chance to get it because it is fair.

Details

However, if they miss 200 days, I would agree that they had their chance. An example. Suppose I were to create an account the day before Mt. Fang came out. I would have a chance to get all vanity first. Then the other 2 quests, first the crown and second the shield (issued by the Fallen at each dungeon). From the day that they get to the level cap, they have 200 days to complete these quests (there should be a pretty clear notification). After that, they forfeit these 2 items.

Similarly, suppose that a player created an account right before Nuri came out - 100 days this time to get 100,000 minions. I would argue that these time frames are fair, since STS has indicated that there will be a cap rise every 3 months (adjust if the cap is raised less often; which I think it should be). They already had a chance to get the shield, since they joined right before the Nuri's Hallows came out.

One advantage (that I deliberately built in) was the level cap mobs are more difficult to kill than Sewer mobs are - this is deliberate. They have a chance, but it will be more difficult; this is the reward for joining early.

The Exclusion

Notice that players who did not get these items outside of the 30 day window won't be able to get them - EVER.

Why should players who did not create accounts who have been around the most be denied the opportunity to get these items unless they create another account?

The majority of these players (who I note are the most vocal in complaining) like us did not know what was coming. The only reason why people want it is for PvP. Well, PvP requires dedication and patience. To become skilled at it, you will need to die several thousand times. PvPers will go to extra lengths for even minor advantages - the faces and rings were introduced for PvP primarily. Notice how many PvP players hide their stats on the left side? This is because they have often spent hundreds of plat in re-specs in what they think is the optimal PvP build and they don't want others to do copy their build for no effort.

If a player lacks the dedication needed to get to 56, then how can they ever succeed in the world of PvP? They have demonstrated a lack of dedication and discipline, while demanding the fruits of labor. Even if you gave them the crown, shield, and vanity armor for free, they would be right back here on the forums (and in game) moaning about how they are performing poorly and how complaining about a bunch of other things, while calling other players "noobs". It's called The Crown of Persistence for a reason. It will be the only vanity cap item at this point that will ever be achieved (by most players) without an elixir boost (or with gold elixirs only).

Excuses vary from not having enough time to not having enough money. You had SIX MONTHS to get from 55 to 56. No excuses IMO. (Maybe less if you joined later, but in most cases, still months of time.) Nuri's Hallows from 60 to 61 can be done in under 10 hours (I have seen it). Not having enough time nor willing to spend money? Remember what I said about PvP needing time ... you need to spend much more time become good at PvP than to reach a ~100k level cap.

Most likely the player I described in 1 will quit PvP, complain a lot, and hide their PvP stats. PvP is not something that can be learned in a day. If you did not have enough "time" to reach 56 or 61, trust me, you won't have enough time to be able to adequately learn to become a good PvP player. I suppose the only exception is people who have had other MMO experience. Of course, for them this is a non-issue. If you have enough time to play many MMOs, you clearly had enough time to reach the level cap.

Many players who will be denied this will make excuses. I once knew a person who wanted to run for a marathon as did his friends. While his friends after they ate lunch would sit back, hang out, and talk, he would jog. This went on for months. When the marathon came, he did well, considering it was his first marathon. His friends didn't and were astounded. My friend told me this - his buddies didn't have their minds set out on it. Maybe they wanted the end results, but they were unwilling to put in the time needed. They said they were "busy" with studying for school ... right; if school was so "busy", as my friend noticed, why did they find the time to hang out (both at lunch and after school and after dinner)? Maybe the marathon just wasn't their priority - eating, socializing, and hanging out was. Likewise, in real life, most of these people probably had spare time. I'm a university student myself. I know how busy it is. Excuses vary from work, family, life, career, study ... you name it. The point is, in the real world, results matter, not excuses.

PvP needs dedication. In PvE, once you know how to beat a level, that's it. With your friends, you can study how to beat it more effectively and you will have as fast runs as possible. The difficulty is dealing with PUGs, who often lack the skill needed for a high speed run (and in some cases will not be able to complete a run due to the poor quality of players). PvP is a different ballgame. Every time, you may fight a different group of opponents. Your old opponents may have respeced or changed their playstyle or just gotten better.

Notice that these players have the option of creating a new account under my suggestion. If they change their minds and decide that it IS important enough to get the vanity, they always have that option. By doing so, they will have demonstrated that they are willing to put in the effort and rightfully deserve the benefits.

What do I think STS should do?

There are a great many things I would like to change about PL (more on this one in another thread).

However, for the set bonus, not much. People need some incentive to get to the level cap beyond a simple vanity. Implementing option 2, I think would go a long way towards getting rid of the whiners (although there are some people who are so entitled that they deserve contempt).

That said, there are some things that need change:

1. Bird equipment needs a buff, probably a crit buff

2. The mage staff is underpowered relative to the wand and needs a buff

3. Bears have been marginalized and need equipment more bear friendly (ex: less emphasis on mana regen).

I also believe that a PvP rewards system needs to be implemented to allow players to make money from PvP. Payoff should roughly be comparable to PvE - 1 hour of PvE and PvP should give the same payoffs. PvPers should also have the same chances to get pinks as PvE (scaled by level - ex: 35s would have a chance at Voodoo, but not level cap items, while level cap gets exclusively level cap drops).

What would an outstanding player do?

I always have had great respect for players that fight regardless of whether they are at a disadvantage or not. When I was a level 56 in MM and I fought a level 52 who insisted on fighting me. He/she said that he thought I was good (or better than any of the others he had fought that day) and that the only way he would ever be competent is if he fought opponents who were tougher than he was. I offered to use level 50 shadow gear (as he was using 50 gear). He insisted that I stay in MM to make it tougher for him. I was very moved by what he said to me. Several people have asked me (I don't know why me to be honest) to teach them. There are only a handful of people who I would have accepted. The vast majority, I decline immediately seeing that they want results without the effort. Had this player asked, I would have been honored.

Contrast this with people who use the fact that they are 2-3 levels lower than you are as an excuse for their being defeated. It's their choice to enter the arena or to level to the level cap before doing so - not that a couple of levels makes that big a difference. Level first, the enter (the exception of course is in twinking).

I do however feel that no mercy should be given to rushers and people who call others "noobs" and the like. It's best if they were forced out through multiple defeats. They can join the others that hid their stats and the PvP community would be a better place because they left. The reason why I am so harsh on such players is not because of veterans, who can usually give rushers a good whipping - it's the new players that want to learn that want to be good. It can be incredibly discouraging when you don't know PvP to have somebody rushed (it happened to me when I began) or to be called a "noob".

There are players who are better than me. Some I have great respect for. Others, not so much, not because of their skill (which is often better than mine), but because they lack empathy, care too much about K/D, have huge egos, or taunt people when they win. Usually a combination of those.

Stats don't matter. There are people who try to "ratio" as it's called and "kill boost".

On that note, if you want mine, I have nothing to hide (this photo was taken a week before the release of Mt. Fang; will update later):
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/atta...9&d=1321215007

I have tried to live by this code, although I shall be the first to admit that I have sometimes failed.

A good PvP player should:

Always be modest, and never deliberately kick down a player when winning (unless the loser proves to be a sore loser).
    Always attempt to play a reasonably fair game (no 1v3s in Forest Fight, no spawn killing in the a flag room in CTF).
    Should not have to resort to tactics like rushing people.
    When they lose, excuses like low level or inferior gear are not acceptable (lag may be, but it is your choice to play when you lag - I recommend not PvPing when lagging if possible).
    Fight people who they are disadvantaged against because it's hard and doing so will improve your skills as a PvPer - including against players with level cap sets

Most importantly, good players don't need excuses, to ratio, or to boast about their skills. Their results speak for themselves.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 11-23-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Founder's Helm; clarification on second quest

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Noone could have put it better... Nothing to add for my part, you really got all facettes of this controversial issue.

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Pvp people are at the pinnacle of all pl players.
    PvP > All. We do everything better.
    Nice post!
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

nice one dude! Everyone should look up to you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hmmm very nice unbiased info
    However, I would like to point that theres two DIFFERENT characteristics of these vanity sets people dont like:
    1. People missed the chance to gain the vanity items that are now extinct so they want another chance
    orrrrrrrrrr
    2. People dont wanna/have enough spend money or dont have enough time(calculated to be 60hours at least) to reach the cap and therefore dont want these vanity sets to be available in pvp (this is MEE btw)

most people confuse these two and think that others are usually complaining about number one up there

corrections to your post: most people dont actually get these vanity sets strictly for pvp, there are several pve addicts out there that get it just for pve, and even though these vanity sets take a lot of effort or money they dont deserve to be in pvp because PVP is supposed to be FAIR at its most basic level

i do like how you honorably suggested that people take off their vanity sets, buttttt most people i vs in pvp never ever take it off

i can also see that some pvpers would be mad at losing their vanity sets, but there are FAR MORE PEOPLE who are mad right now at the unfairness

HUGGGEEE NOTTTEEEEEEE: Lastly, the people who are complaining about these vanity sets arent asking to take away all bonuses for cap( that would be a total ripoff) we just want them to be replaced with other sufficient rewards
    Iprotectnoobs (65) Iprotectnoob (65) Meprotectnoob (65) Akpop (35) Akpopone (35) Akpoptwo (30) Akpopthree (35) Akpoppvp (31) Akpopshank (30) Akpopmoob (26) Akpopsmack (25) Akpopshoot (25)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Hmm I think the pvp thing should be switched to pve bc of the bounus is unfair for prople who have lifes and dont spend 100s of "ching ching" on plats(AKA THATS MONEY)
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by protectorofnoobs View Post
    1. People missed the chance to gain the vanity items that are now extinct so they want another chance
    orrrrrrrrrr
    2. People dont wanna/have enough spend money or dont have enough time(calculated to be 60hours at least) to reach the cap and therefore dont want these vanity sets to be available in pvp (this is MEE btw)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix View Post
    Hmm I think the pvp thing should be switched to pve bc of the bounus is unfair for prople who have lifes and dont spend 100s of "ching ching" on plats(AKA THATS MONEY)
    1. I have indicated that the people who use the excuse "no time" is inexcusable. They had 6 months to level to 56. (Maybe less if you joined later, but in most cases, still months of time.)

2. For elixirs in Nuri, no time seems a bit contradictory. It does not take long with elixirs to get to 61. Not having both time and money ... you had time to become competent at PvP, but not to level? It takes much more time to become competent at PvP than to ever reach a 100k cap.

i do like how you honorably suggested that people take off their vanity sets, buttttt most people i vs in pvp never ever take it off
    3. Only take the set off when asked in 1v1. If you did not ask, they are under no obligation to take it off. Group fights, it makes little difference; same with CTF.

corrections to your post: most people dont actually get these vanity sets strictly for pvp, there are several pve addicts out there that get it just for pve, and even though these vanity sets take a lot of effort or money they dont deserve to be in pvp because PVP is supposed to be FAIR at its most basic level

HUGGGEEE NOTTTEEEEEEE: Lastly, the people who are complaining about these vanity sets arent asking to take away all bonuses for cap( that would be a total ripoff) we just want them to be replaced with other sufficient rewards
    4. So far all complaints have been purely from PvP players. No posters have cited PvE survivability as a reason for the cap sets. Suggestion 2 above will solve most new players, except the ones that are unworthy (for reasons described earlier).

Challenge: Find me at least as many examples of people from PvE complaining about PvE than PvP from before your posted your post.

Updating OP.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 11-22-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I've probably stared at the cursor blinking for about 5 minutes, can't really think of what to say. But, what comes to my mind:

--Most of the people I know who didn't make it, but wanted to make it, lack not time, not money, but motivation(same case here). I became sick of PUGs who would make a staff mage tank, heal, and solo everything, while sitting back and leeching XP. It became better to solo.

--Let me start off, I don't normally agree with Kell, this pretty much sums it up:

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeylito View Post
    i am a holder of all vanity sets and still i have to agree entirely that it is unfair. Pvp vanities (including vet helm) offer 15armor, 5 damage, great amount of hp, 5dodge. it is completely unfair for a new pvper even with superb skill. If i were to face another user with equal skill of mine, with me having vanity sets and him/her not, i would win a far greater percentage of the time because of my superior statistics.
    In a fight I had with a friend, pally v pally at the 61 cap, that was enough to be the deciding fact. 10 armor and 50 health made it nearly impossible to combo him, even if everything critted and nothing was dodged. Without that, you could lose 400 hp almost instantly. I went from losing to him 9-10(when he had it on) to winning 10-2 when he didn't. I see tons of fights, where one opponent is left with two almost-all-black bars of health and mana; without the bonus, they would've lost. Also, within the past week, I had two friends from 35 twinking level to 65. Both of them quit endgame promptly, and wish they didn't level just because of the vanity set.

--You can't really ask people to just take it off, that's like asking people who write viruses to name them virus.exe

I think I'll just post this, rather than put anymore work into it. 10 minutes wasted is already a hit while working on this paper :/
    **This post is probably 100% biased, but I can't change how I feel, can I?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otukura For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I feel like this is a very thought out and well written post. The problem I can see is the new players, which you adressed could have a chance, and lack of motivation (this is me.) Even when I know theres a major bonus Im simply unmotivated. It doesn't matter though. Unmotivation is my problem. Its still "fair" whether I wish lvl cap was easier to aquire or not. In other words, you've covered everything well and I believe option 2 that you gave is the best solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:489755
    Unmotivation is my problem. Its still "fair" whether I wish lvl cap was easier to aquire or not. In other words, you've covered everything well and I believe option 2 that you gave is the best solution.
    This thread can't solve motivation; the choice is ultimately yours. I would argue for the 56s that didn't get the crown, unless they joined a month before Nuri, they too lacked the motivation. Now they must live with the consequences.

Indeed the purpose of the vanity was... Motivation to level to the elite level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Hmmm very nice unbiased info
    However, I would like to point that theres two DIFFERENT characteristics of these vanity sets people dont like:
    orrrrrrrrrr

most people confuse these two and think that others are usually complaining about number one up there

i can also see that some pvpers would be mad at losing their vanity sets, but there are FAR MORE PEOPLE who are mad right now at the unfairness

If you paid money (hypothetically speaking) and spent hours grinding would you feel like your EARNED vanity item did not DESERVE to be in pvp as you say?
    You want something to benefit you and strip others of their bonuses. That is not only immature but selfish. You keep advocating for this reduction, have you considered what the consequences of it actually happening are? For the people who spent money? Will you personally refund our plat?
    TBH it is a personal problem that you do not have the money or time to achieve something that is meant for people who really want it. I mean it was offered as a hardcore item for people who WANTED to do it and actually did it.
    Now I hear you lobbying for the newer people which I understand too bit it sounds more like you are using that as a righteous reason to execute your own personal interest.
    Why dont you make your own "non bonus" guild and fight people with no bonus?
    The "FAR MORE PEOPLE" you speak of that are mad.... You think those people who do not support sts have any weigh in this?
    The bottom line is: We choose to spend our money and time amd we wanted it. We supported sts and followed through because we had notice that their would be a bonus in the future.
    You remind me of the lil squirrel that piddlied around day after day knowing winter was coming and watched the other squirrels stock up and nest appropriately for the change. Now you are unprepared and left in the cold with no shelter or food complaining about the other squirrels that did their prep work.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@whoisthis why are you adressing me? I just said that its my problem. I don't need you to rudely repeat that for me. I've agreed with your entire thread. You see, I'm on your side, so to speak. Maybe you just misunderstood me or something...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Nice post, I agree with most that has been said. Although, I know A LOT of people that don't ever PvP, and still want the stat boost for PvE. It's probably just about the people you hang out with. You PvP a lot, so you'll probably have more friends in that area. I mainly PvE, and less PvP, so more of my friends are farmers. And I can tell you that most hardcore farmers DO want the complete vanity sets, and DO want the stats increase. It helps staying alive better, having a better K/D ratio or some even see it as a reward for their long hours of farming.

Other than that, it's pretty much spot on. People should show comon decency, while STS could offer a chance to earn the vanities in an extremely hard way.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    @whoisthis why are you adressing me? I just said that its my problem. I don't need you to rudely repeat that for me. I've agreed with your entire thread. You see, I'm on your side, so to speak. Maybe you just misunderstood me or something...
    The post was not intended to be rude or demeaning in any way, shape or form to you. Re-read what I have said. I think you have misunderstood me.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

A lot of good points here. But I want to focus on those who you mentioned try to grow in pvp.

I still consider myself fairly new to pvp. I first gave it a go back in April and instantly hated it. As a new and unknown player, I was constantly rushed and spawn killed. And forget EVER asking for advice and for someone to explain the game mechanics... LOL is what I got. I hid my stats because I would get booted from games for my low or negative KDR.

About a 2 months before Nuri's, I finally found a couple of people to "show me the ropes" and teach me about the rules: written or unwritten. I slowly became better and as I have gained more experience I have realized that KDR doesn't carry as much weight as people place on it. I correlate it to my bear in pve. I have a 40k/1.7k ratio which is not bad but not great either. However, most of those deaths occured before I was 50 (way back in the day) and before anyone ever took the time to show me the ropes. I challenge anyone to tell me my bear sucks in PVE and I don't understand the mechanics of crowd/boss control. The same goes with my bird in PVP. I have only recently closed the gap to an even 1:1 ratio with my bird. Most of this is achieved in pug games and I usually try to go on teams opposite of the "pros". My thought is if I can maintain an even KDR with people I don't know, then when I do play with teams wbo understand the mechanics of pvp more, I will be a more valuable asset.

I still run across those who view me as a "noob" and I have learned to care less. I may not have the best bird in the game but I also know I am not at the bottom of the barrel. I enter games to have fun and I think that is where PVP is lacking the most: too much hate and anger. Granted, I am a very competitive person but I also understand I am playing a game. Games are suppose to be fun and if I come home from a stressful day at work to play a game which causes me to be more angry and stressed, why do I play??

I like your ideas about the vanity bonuses but I don't feel the bonuses are as "crucial" as others feel. I believe the unbalance of endgame sets is more of a deciding factor. Certain classes are extinct due to these unbalances and because of the "survivability" stats given with the vanity items, there is a mad increase in the amount of strength pvpers (pallys and warbirds especially.) Balancing out the sets more, like you mentioned, would bring back some of the more traditional classes and make things more fun; instead of a 3v3 CTF game taking an hour to play because the strength characters take 10 minutes to kill each other.

Thank you for the insight and well thought out post.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Nice post, I agree with most that has been said. Although, I know A LOT of people that don't ever PvP, and still want the stat boost for PvE. It's probably just about the people you hang out with. You PvP a lot, so you'll probably have more friends in that area. I mainly PvE, and less PvP, so more of my friends are farmers. And I can tell you that most hardcore farmers DO want the complete vanity sets, and DO want the stats increase. It helps staying alive better, having a better K/D ratio or some even see it as a reward for their long hours of farming.

Other than that, it's pretty much spot on. People should show comon decency, while STS could offer a chance to earn the vanities in an extremely hard way.
    In PvE, it's not as big a deal, although it can make a noticeable difference. The reason is because mobs won't have the set bonus. Most of the threads on the forums though are from PvP players who want the benefits, who had months to get a 56 in the Sewers, and who now moan because they did not get the benefits.

I can see why a PvE player would however want it, especially in the era of harder hitting mobs. But then, most hardcore farmers, if they are truly hardcore would have made the 56 cap anyways, because they play purely PvE. In fact, I'd argue that they aren't hardcore PvE players if it takes them more than a couple of weeks to do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Ahh nicely put. Pretty much every point stated, but don't think STS is going to make a quest for the elite vanities (even though 100,000 minions is hardcore), and as samhayne has told many times "Now lvl to the next cao and get the new vanity"

But thanks for making this post!
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    If you paid money (hypothetically speaking) and spent hours grinding would you feel like your EARNED vanity item did not DESERVE to be in pvp as you say?
    You want something to benefit you and strip others of their bonuses. That is not only immature but selfish. You keep advocating for this reduction, have you considered what the consequences of it actually happening are? For the people who spent money? Will you personally refund our plat?
    TBH it is a personal problem that you do not have the money or time to achieve something that is meant for people who really want it. I mean it was offered as a hardcore item for people who WANTED to do it and actually did it.
    Now I hear you lobbying for the newer people which I understand too bit it sounds more like you are using that as a righteous reason to execute your own personal interest.
    Why dont you make your own "non bonus" guild and fight people with no bonus?
    The "FAR MORE PEOPLE" you speak of that are mad.... You think those people who do not support sts have any weigh in this?
    The bottom line is: We choose to spend our money and time amd we wanted it. We supported sts and followed through because we had notice that their would be a bonus in the future.
    You remind me of the lil squirrel that piddlied around day after day knowing winter was coming and watched the other squirrels stock up and nest appropriately for the change. Now you are unprepared and left in the cold with no shelter or food complaining about the other squirrels that did their prep work.

Pvp people are at the pinnacle of all pl players.
    PvP > All. We do everything better.
    Nice post!

WHOAAAAAAA calm down there pls
    First of all:
    1. you say im doing this for personal reasons but you yourself are taking this personally (look at the PVP>all comment you wrote) but im actually one of the newer people to endgame (i was barely reaching 51 when they announced nuris campaign)
    and this issue is for EVERYBODY because not only me but more than half the people who pvp seriously dont like these vanity sets
    2. you say im stripping off all bonuses for other people but frankly im not (IF YOU ACTUALLY HAD READ MY REPLY) i was actually asking for other rewards than the vanity sets(because i know that would be a total ripoff for the people who did get the sets) such as some awesome looking pets or other vanity items that dont give stats
    3. you say people who dont have vanity arent supporting sts (!!!!!!!) Do you really think that not getting the extra level means that your not supporting sts? Then that means the small amount of people who are hardcore players are the only ones that are supporting sts? WEELL THEN YOU DONT KNOW HOW A GAME WORKS, cuz its not about the insane 1% of players that pay a lotta money, but about the majority that spends a few plat here and there (backfire on you for calling me selfish)
    4. and now your saying its our fault cuz we dont have time and money (WELL YOU KNOW WHAT?!!!!!! most people only get an hour a day on pl andddddddd a game isnt supposed to be sucking your wallet dry either) so now your saying money is why you get to better than everybodddy else (another backfire on you for calling me selfish)

AND FINALLY
    you should really relax and know what i said before you talk
    if you need some more helpful info just askkkkkk
    Iprotectnoobs (65) Iprotectnoob (65) Meprotectnoob (65) Akpop (35) Akpopone (35) Akpoptwo (30) Akpopthree (35) Akpoppvp (31) Akpopshank (30) Akpopmoob (26) Akpopsmack (25) Akpopshoot (25)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

^ not helpful.
    No reason to bother. GL!!!!
    Last edited by AbsolutePally; 11-23-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Dtf and protector. Lay down the arms!
    I think you just see this topic from 2 totally different points of view and you can't judge one of them "right" or "wrong"
    Fingerpointing and yelling each other won't make you come to any agreement.
    Let everyone have his own opinion on this an leave it at that.

I would be thankful if you didn't continue arguing, since it is getting kinda flame-ish, and it would be a shame to see this beautiful thread locked down...