Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Idea for banned players' vanities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illumminati View Post
    Those who have the rare vanities (minority) mostly do not want them to be released again. Those who do not have the rare vanities (majority) mostly want them to be released again.

I am not heavily into vanity’s but if sets like, ice spirit, jester, crier etc did return... even at 5k plat each. JUST TAKE MY MONEY !!

It would upset a few if something like Vanity-Zavier was to happen but it would please a lot more of the player base and would be a massive money maker in business terms.

I remember when there were similar discussions about Nightshade and Shady and Surge. Fast forward a few years and Egg-Zavier is probably the most popular event in AL. Same can happen for Vanity-Zavier but will reap a lot more rewards for STS.

From a business point of view i do not see why these items have not been already put back in the game. I guess STS knows whats best for their business model
    Precisely, even if they were non tradabale I would still buy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    This idea as about as good of an idea as using a plugged-in toaster as a bath toy...

As already mentioned thankfully by the sane people in the community already, rereleasing any vanity again once its already come and gone would just kill off its value and its demand. Most importantly it loses any sort of meaning it might come attached with (example all the hard work put in to obtain a rare vanity set becomes worthless)

Quality > Quantity

Learn to appreciate some of the rare beauties in life instead of just demanding everything to be handed to you on a platter, which unfortunately most of the major current cultures now seem to encourage, an if you do decide to pull your finger out and put the work in to obtain that "pretty gem" you so desire then your soul would feel even more satisfied at the end.

If you`re not willing to put the work in however in the first place then you never really wanted it anyway and its just current jealous rants that are spurring on the "bring back the old s**t" argument.

1 <3
    Well said. I've seen friends and guildmates play so hard for items especially lb. It's real dedication on their part. I can't add anything more to what you have already put..you said it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

- 1 Rerelease of LB vanity will ruin the people who did pay 500m+ and worked so hard to gain every gold... Let alone platinum they probably purchased. STS you will upset your biggest plat buyers with the release of vanities, just to please people who want something they're not willing to work and farm to earn.

I do think the max Number of the LB vanities ever made should stay the same and the ones off banned players should be put back into another LB event. Re-Earned again... not some silly chest.

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Or just make new tradeable lb vanitys, the girl from the ring for rogue, a fenrir or a headless horseman for warrior and a notradame wenchback for mages :v

Enviado desde mi SM-J600G mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Sorry to have only just seen this *facepalm*

If you really want to get vanities to be profitable then just go with making a vendor where you can take any old say season 1/3 armour helm or weapon and use plats to convert it to vanities... Say like 100 plats per convert or goes up depending on rarity, then it’s not so low price that markets get flooded but it’s low enough that it’s obtainable, people then have a new reason to sink gold on new/old vanities, old vanities stay exclusive like they should be and sts makes a ton of monies from the plats and it’s what I’m sure you’ve had heard somewhere before... winner winner chicken dinner XD

But just like old season leaderboard banners.. some things will be unobtainable however that’s also all good ^.^ long as you know what you need to do to reach a goal the rest would just a matter of determination, however we are spoilt for choices and you don’t always need to sprint upto every single goal out there as there could be better or easier ones instead

I’ll be honest at this point I hope some of that makes sense as I just blacked out and typed for a sec

1<3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfect sense. Baron for president instead of a cake eating fatcat !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Devs should take those vanities from banned accounts hide them on certain maps, players have 1 hour to find the vanities! It can be any random map any stage! Once the hour passes the ramining pieces will be gone for good! With system message and proper forums announcement!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

The real answer is no. They won’t bring back old. They will make new ones as usual. By the way, old “cool” and “expensive” vanities and pets were not so “expensive before”. They became “expensive” because they were far too rare 5 years later.

Same will happen with new vanities, just wait 5 years or whatever. Also, STS reserves the right to unban players. So what? Do they give them back their “redistributed vanities”?

I like the concept, but it’s not right for those rare vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No, banned is banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Sts SHOULD re-release everything that cost 100m+. Why would you want only 3 players happy with ice spirit when you can make thousand of AL players happy by re-releasing it. Re-releasing it doesnt mean sts need to spam them like what happened to rogue's green arlor set. Just make highest price point of an item in game max of 100m. So everyone could actually enjoy the game apart from only 3 players enjoying them.

It is your fault you spent too much time/money on this game but you shouldnt punish the whole community by not letting other players enjoying the game.

P.S. idk the total number of players having ice spirit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    507 Posts

No one is prevented from enjoying the game because of a vanity,
    it's envy or jealousy that prevents you from enjoying it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post: