Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pharcydes Winter Festival Compromise Idea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyshoota View Post
    Also, these 12 hour unlimited elixirs would still run after you log out.
    Ehh. I was with you until I read this.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default @Aikiebo

I get it, but my pricepoint and others was in comparison to last years. Imagine being here for WF '10 & only being charged 10plat for full access, can you understand why this would upset most of the loyal players? Everyone understands that prices will increase BUT not at that extreme. Using the bare minimum as an example - your average player did 30 runs to obtain their drops last year. And using WF '11 turnstile approach, they are now paying (30 runs x 2 plat) x 2 plat because runs are now linked to boss kill. So a price hike from 10plat to 120plat is steep, no? Tell me in any other business example where inflation is 12x its previous pricepoint? I have no issue spending plat, my concern is for the legitimately upset customers that will feel gouged.

Let's just take going to the movies as an example, for most people, to "complete" their movie going experience, people will typically purchase popcorn, candy, etc - all optional. But instead of paying $7.50, in the span of 1 year - they are now being charged $90.00. This is what has given people the impression that STS only cares for money, coupled with other things I won't even mention in this post.

Yes, it is STS' business, they can charge what they like but in the meantime, we have a mass exodus of LOYAL players that they have just alienated. I think what people are feeling is normal, and to tell them "It's just business" does nothing to alleviate their concerns, when any NORMAL person would behave in such a manner. I get the business perspective, which is why I would pay the 500 plat for all access and purchase the Luck and Melee plat lixirs on top of that, but to expect consumers to not be upset at the new pricing model is naive.

P.S. O&C holiday content is free.
    Last edited by kallima; 12-21-2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: bad math. lol