Thread: Boss vanity drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Boss vanity drops.

I dont know if anyone will know this but worth a go.

Does the drop rate of vanities in say numa vary from boss to normal enemy. If the drop rate is say 1/1000 for both then its more efficient to farm enemies but if it is like 1/50 for boss and 1/10000 for enemies its better to kill boss. I was wondering if anyone knows which it is better to farm on? Would i be more likely to get xray by farming guardian or by farming all maps?

Would be nice if a dev could clear this up because i bet a lot of people are wondering it i dont even need to know the figures just if a boss is more likely to drop a vanity than a normal mob.

Deathsminion lvl 37 operative and officer of DarkLegion.
    Tankinator lvl 40 commando officer of DarkLegion
    Bluekillsyou a pvp twink.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

No one knows for sure, but the data that has been collected seems to show that bosses and mobs have the same exact drop rate for vanities.

A dev will not clarify any of this, because it is all part of the fun, and they want vanities to continue to be a mysterious and very valued commodity. Vanities will become less valueable the second we figure out the most effective way to farm them.

Anyways - the current theory is that to increase your vanity drop chances, you want to maximize your total drop pool in the smallest amount of time. So that means running "hotspots" on easy maps like Outer Limits, while skipping bosses. The theory is that a vanity can be anywhere, anytime, and drop for anyone in any map. But since the drop rate is soo low, you will logically get the vanity faster by allowing more roll chances by obtaining more loot.

Of course this could backfire on you, in the event that the vanity actually is in the map, but not in the hotspot and you don't clear. But then again that could also backfire again... In the event that you clear the entire map but severally increase your time and decrease your total drop pool.

- All in all, no matter how technical we get with vanities, it is still absolutely 100% luck and determination. Farm the maps however you feel most comfortable. However you farm, your most likely in for a very long ride.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pharcyde For This Useful Post: