Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: World of Midgard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olz View Post
    Will the semi beta be free?
    Will the full game be free?
    Semi Beta is free
    3rd beta was free if you signed up in time. If not, you can get into it by purchasing the mount.

Full game is free (With some microtranscation IAP)

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    I don't mean to rain on everyone's parade. But if they are already charging people just to play the beta. In my mind that seems a little sketchy. I can't remember a single beta I've ever participated in where I had to pay to for it. And I have played in my fair share of beta's on PC.
    They will not be charging for 3rd beta. The original plan was to charge 5 bucks to limit the beta, it at the time was the only way to have a medium scaled beta testing with all of Apples app restrictions. A alternate was found and is being used now (The dragon mount). The way it works if 3rd beta is free, but if you didn't get a dragon, you don't have all the zones unlocked. People who purchased dragons have all zones (the portals) unlocked immediately.

The reason it is like this is because WoM has very specific goals they want tested by us, but it wouldn't work with Apple. So this is the fairest compromise that could be made. (Semi-Beta will be totally free, and there will be no limit to players who can attend this beta.)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Anyone wanna reserve my name for me
    PM Klemen on WoM forums, he will reserve it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xK View Post
    And a founding father title. And only 1000 of those will be ever sold. It's your decision though. I suggest you wait till semi-beta and see how the game looks like. Then buy the dragon if you'll like the game.
    Dragon wont be available by semi-beta. Cut off date for dragon is Jan 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Olz View Post
    Eh could you explain more so the semi beta will got but full game won't is that right?
    Semi-Beta will be in the Apple and Droid markets as "Faction Wars". This is because Veraxon already has it trademarked, and apple wont allow a second WoM app, even though the original would be removed.

Semi-Beta will have unlocked portals for dragon purchasers, all others only have the starting zone unlocked. This is about as real as the game will get before the official launch. It is called semi beta because it is half beta half real game. Semi beta will last longer then expected, 3-4 months. Don't worry though, they said that they extended the beta time so that they could implement some new features while the beta is running. We will see new spells, 10v10 zone maybe, and some other stuff added.

Semi Beta starts early March.

Also, semi beta data will not be erased. You keep your level, your gold, your items, your name, everything.

Reserve your spot in 3rd beta by purchasing a dragon mount / and have full access to semi beta here -
    http://worldofmidgard.com/womforum/v...c.php?f=1&t=15

Sorry if this was sloppy , just wrote the info down as I remembered it.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 12-30-2011 at 12:38 AM.