Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Leaderboards - Soliciting Community Thoughts

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Capture the Flag Leaderboard.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

i like how some of the veterans are like dont bring that idea in. first because back then you could grind kills in forest haven an get a bunch of kills just like all the twinks and oreiii did it so there kills when up like high an now if yoy implented this people would be like no fair i wasted hours grinding just to show up in leader boards but who cares
    there will be separated leaderboards for killing mobs on your level and over all killing
    i do agree on CTF LB but on the Chrome version can you show more people not just 1-5 people more like up to 100 people please .

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    Capture the Flag Leaderboard.
    What is a CTF leaderboard showing? Kills while playing CTF? Flag captures? How would you envision that working?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    What is a CTF leaderboard showing? Kills while playing CTF? Flag captures? How would you envision that working?
    Had a bit of a discussion here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...le-CTF-add-ons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Same as pvp. Kills, deaths, caps. Yes while playing those maps. It shows it in our stats page in profiles why not have it like everything else?
    Or am I missing something.
    Also, more than 5 listings of top would be cool maybe 10 - 25 at most?

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@MoogerFooger (notice this time it's not his opinion XD)

Oooohhh I see what you are saying. My apologies then. I thought you were saying something else entirely. Unless I misenterpreted your latest post, I agree with you entirely.

Lol fail.
    ~MM

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilywinters View Post
    Please bring in a most deaths leaderboard.
    It is really difficult to be a n00b.

The current death board is only for PVP.
    There is a most PvE deaths leaders I believe.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pimpslide For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Timed run idea

I had mentioned the idea of timed runs about a week or two ago. Also I like the idea of leader boards tracking boss kills, and encouraging more guild participation via guild only runs. I run with a bird and dex bear that can both solo vlod but it's quicker with a Mage to buff, debuff and help with mob kills.

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    Take leaderboards out of the game and just put it on the websiteIn game just have a link. This gets people to the website who might ordinarily never use it. There's a lot more flexibility and possibilities that you can do via the website that would just be cramped and cluttered in game. Also, it's a good thing for people to be familiar with the website and the forums, right?

Divide the LB between "All-Time" and "Snapshots"
    This is presuming there is no global reset of LB stats. I've always been interested in LB stats that take a snapshot of various stats, whether it is by current/previous day, week, month. But my favorite snapshot is the two-week period, a-la pay periods which are fixed instead of rolling. Such snapshots can be archived / searchable.

Added Stats
    Kills are nice. But wouldn't you be curious to see who has killed Vlod the most? Who has killed Emma the most? Who has killed Meathead the most? LBs on boss kills would separate the farmers from the grinders.

Dungeons completed and Campaigns completed can be interesting stats. Sure someone can farm FH1 completions. But how many people can claim to have 500 Mount Fang FL3 Completions? 10 Shadow Caves Campaign Completions (beginning to end, first kill to last kill)?

With the idea of snapshots and the usage of elixirs, why not have a LB for experience earned and levels gained? Let's see who can power-level the best! Can anyone gain 59 Levels in a two-week snapshot?

Timed Stats (All-Time only)

With power leveling comes speed. And when you play with speed, you'll want to know who is the fastest! Whether it's map completions or campaign completions, it would be nice to have runs timed starting from the first hit (mob or player) to the last kill. And, when it comes to timed stats, the Level of all the players involved at the time of completion should be indicated so that we can see just how impressive it was. Timed stats would be interesting to see if they were subdivided by max half-decade level. After all, completing Victory Lap in record time with L65s just isn't as impressive as finishing it in record time with L50s (or 45s?)!

Guild Runs, Solo Runs
    An interesting thing about Map/Campaign Completions and Boss Kills is, what if the system detected when such feats were completed by a guild (everyone in the run, beginning to end, was from the same Guild) or (gasp!) solo!?
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yes I really wish there was a capture the flag Leader Board. Since currently your leader boards combine kills and deaths of PvP and CTF, why not separate them and have a combined(or total like you have now) LB? I've posted before about adding Capture/flags to the leader board too. Since most of the top pvpers are big into CTF why not post these stats too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

One thing i suggested a while back was for guilds, have a guild leaderboard.for the average kdr as well as number of players in a guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarataka View Post
    Yes I really wish there was a capture the flag Leader Board. Since currently your leader boards combine kills and deaths of PvP and CTF, why not separate them and have a combined(or total like you have now) LB? I've posted before about adding Capture/flags to the leader board too. Since most of the top pvpers are big into CTF why not post these stats too?
    It does? Hm then amy would be on LB with 22k pvp kills and 12k ctf kills?
    Or me on deaths w my 16k deaths and 7.5k ctf deaths

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Take leaderboards out of the game and just put it on the website
    In game just have a link. This gets people to the website who might ordinarily never use it. There's a lot more flexibility and possibilities that you can do via the website that would just be cramped and cluttered in game. Also, it's a good thing for people to be familiar with the website and the forums, right?

This is presuming there is no global reset of LB stats. I've always been interested in LB stats that take a snapshot of various stats, whether it is by current/previous day, week, month. But my favorite snapshot is the two-week period, a-la pay periods which are fixed instead of rolling. Such snapshots can be archived / searchable.

Added Stats
    Kills are nice. But wouldn't you be curious to see who has killed Vlod the most? Who has killed Emma the most? Who has killed Meathead the most? LBs on boss kills would separate the farmers from the grinders.

Dungeons completed and Campaigns completed can be interesting stats. Sure someone can farm FH1 completions. But how many people can claim to have 500 Mount Fang FL3 Completions? 10 Shadow Caves Campaign Completions (beginning to end, first kill to last kill)?

With the idea of snapshots and the usage of elixirs, why not have a LB for experience earned and levels gained? Let's see who can power-level the best! Can anyone gain 59 Levels in a two-week snapshot?

With power leveling comes speed. And when you play with speed, you'll want to know who is the fastest! Whether it's map completions or campaign completions, it would be nice to have runs timed starting from the first hit (mob or player) to the last kill. And, when it comes to timed stats, the Level of all the players involved at the time of completion should be indicated so that we can see just how impressive it was. Timed stats would be interesting to see if they were subdivided by max half-decade level. After all, completing Victory Lap in record time with L65s just isn't as impressive as finishing it in record time with L50s (or 45s?)!

Guild Runs, Solo Runs
    An interesting thing about Map/Campaign Completions and Boss Kills is, what if the system detected when such feats were completed by a guild (everyone in the run, beginning to end, was from the same Guild) or (gasp!) solo!?
    In b4 Advanced Mechanics are applied to PL and shape the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lightbulb Add on idea

Great Idea, And add total kills without earning xp.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Take leaderboards out of the game and just put it on the website
    In game just have a link. This gets people to the website who might ordinarily never use it. There's a lot more flexibility and possibilities that you can do via the website that would just be cramped and cluttered in game. Also, it's a good thing for people to be familiar with the website and the forums, right?

Added Stats

Guild Runs, Solo Runs
    Yes, i agree that it would be good to differentiate kill n deaths between bosses and weaker mobs. It will show the players ability to dungeon bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally View Post
    It does? Hm then amy would be on LB with 22k pvp kills and 12k ctf kills?
    Or me on deaths w my 16k deaths and 7.5k ctf deaths
    Being big into ctf doesn't mean you have more kills in ctf. I actually have more kill/deaths in ctf than pvp but I'm a flag junkie. Can you honestly say you would prefer a pvp game vs a full team ctf?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Hmm will these lb changes happen anytime in the future?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Good idea

PL: masterbearer lvl 65
    Golden Legends Girl
    Have any questions about Golden legends? Send me a PM!