Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Leaderboards - Soliciting Community Thoughts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

IMO, you should do away with the xp anywhere elixir and restore being able to gain kills with xp turned off. You call it "kill boosting" but I don't think that's a proper term to use if it's a level appropriate dungeon for your character. For instance, if I disable xp on a level 35 toon I think I should be able to gain kills in the level 30-35 or level 35-40 dungeons. I feel like keeping the xp anywhere elixirs is the real "kill boosting" where a level 65 can go into balefort castle and and boost kills without being in any jeopardy whatsoever. This would restore twinking to some degree (even though I still wouldn't like the new drop mechanics) and I believe you would sell more plat with people buying extra character slots, the plat packs for equips and either the character upgrades or extra CS and inventory slots. I know the majority of the plat I've spent in game has been spent on new toons that I no longer play and I'm not creating any new toons under this current system (because I don't see any point in twinking now) or spending the plat on it. Just by my observation it doesn't seem like many people use the xp anywhere elixirs. But that's just my observation, I'm sure you have access to lots of data. I would advise looking to see how much plat you make selling these elixirs and compare it how much plat was spent when an existing player made a new twink. I bet you sold more plat for the new toons than you do on these elixirs.

In my view resetting the kill counts to zero (on leaderboards) would just push away many veteran players who are already steaming over some of the recent decisions you guys have made. That's just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by wvhills; 12-20-2011 at 08:40 PM.