Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: whatS happening?!?!!!?!!

Somewhere in the magical land of Texas :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I hope to god the exact same rabbit ears are not released...I would be devestated if I wasn't the only happy bunny of Forst Haven :'(

PL: Epicunicorns--Appllejuice--Unicornkills--Unicornseller--Unicorntwink--Spookyunicorn--Mortuis--Onehornofhate--Monokeros

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No. No. No. No. I quit. Jk...
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanielRH View Post
    I'm so sad, annoyed, pissed off... what happened to the pl we all loved?
    Your mom happened lol jk but money.
    Guess who's back, back again, Ghastly's back, tell your friends :-D
    ~Ghastly~

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hate to tell ya Nick, but the Easter event will likely return as it did last year. I'm not sure where the perception that events wouldn't come back came from. In every other MMO I've played or worked on they have. Maybe it's the fact that PL is more "casual" and all item drops can be traded, where in many other MMO's there is the concept of no-trade items for about everything?
    You guys should try a new tactic that is very successful.

Make every single event totally unique - but make all items trade-able. That way in 4-5 years, players start obsessing over old items and thus, stimulated plat purchases in a attempt to obtain gold/credits needed for it.

Example - WoW: 3 million gold pumpkin head
    RS: 4.7 billion gold Blue party hat.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pharcyde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I think based off this we can draw the following conclusions:

1. Anything that is not considered super unique (ex: GoA shield) or special (persistence items) may someday be on the day of the deal

2. All holiday and special event items that are "unique" will someday be featured again

3. On the plus side, if you missed some event, sooner or later, you can have that item again ... for a certain amount of plat (usually quite a bit, so you REALLY have to want it if you want to buy)

4. Finally, there are very few "unique" items in PL and holiday items are not unique, so don't assume that in the future

Edit:

I think that we, the community should have some voice in what should be considered unique and not suitable for repurchase. It's clear that this issue is important enough to many players.

At the same time, if we as a community do this, we must think of new deals. These deals must be likely to sell and to generate enough plat to make up for any losses.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 12-20-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I was hoping they would do something as simple as changing the scarf color to red. Think about it. That would solve my problem with it...

Edit: in fact I would buy another!
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 12-20-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Unicorns! View Post
    I hope to god the exact same rabbit ears are not released...I would be devestated if I wasn't the only happy bunny of Forst Haven :'(
    Don't be surprised if they are. See 2 posts above.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I am probably going against the current of most of the people on the forums with this post... but I'm gonna say it anyway!

I don't understand why you guys have to look different in order to feel special. Having a hat, or stick or shoe that not very many other people in the game possesses does not really make all that much of a difference. People won't suddenly want to spend more time with you. It doesn't make you a better player.

Actually, I think I understand -- you want to stand out. You want to be able to say, HA, I was here before you, so that makes me better than you. You want to be a part of the "in" crowd. You want to be one of the "haves" and in order to be a "have" there must be "have nots".

If I want to stand out, I just try to get the best gear, understand my class, play it to the best of my ability, and be a nice, kind and helpful person. That way, people remember me not because I joined the game before them and have something that they can't get, but because I am a good player and contribute to the community.

PL can still be great, even if you don't feel like you are some amazing "old-timer" to be identified by and worshipped for your so amazing one of a kind hat. On the opposite end of it, instead of trying to keep things exlusive so you can feel special, maybe you can welcome the fact that new players can also experience the cool things you have.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    I think based off this we can draw the following conclusions:

1. Anything that is not considered super unique (ex: GoA shield) or special (persistence items) may someday be on the day of the deal

2. All holiday and special event items that are "unique" will someday be featured again

3. On the plus side, if you missed some event, sooner or later, you can have that item again ... for a certain amount of plat (usually quite a bit, so you REALLY have to want it if you want to buy)

4. Finally, there are very few "unique" items in PL and holiday items are not unique, so don't assume that in the future

Edit:

I think that we, the community should have some say in what should be considered unique and not suitable for repurchase.
    Re-introducing old holiday gear is really good for the mass population of the game, since a lot of the players missed old events, and a lot of the players are likely to quit after a few months. So to them, they are still unique, but to us 1%, it ruins the holidays.

So I already know that Sam will reply back to my idea as "We would but we need to make ends meet, and it would exhaust a lot of resources to make every event unique". But here is the thing - It is a long term investment as a gaming company. A few unique trade-able events here, and 5 years from now, new players might be just obsessed enough to drop 2000 plat in order to obtain enough credits/gold to buy a super rare vanity off someone. I know players in WoW spent thousands and thousands on 3rd party gold. STS has first party gold, so why not? :P.

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    PL can still be great, even if you don't feel like you are some amazing "old-timer" to be identified by and worshipped for your so amazing one of a kind hat. On the opposite end of it, instead of trying to keep things exlusive so you can feel special, maybe you can welcome the fact that new players can also experience the cool things you have.
    Heheh... Look at it from this point of view. A lot of players enjoy to play PL, because of the fact that they are unique to 95% of the game population.

Example: I got onto PL and put on ALL of my old christmas gear and went afk in father frosts room thingie. I didn't get on to socialize or to run the dungeons, I got on to be unique. So yeah... it is a elitist thing. I need to look unique
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 12-20-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Re-introducing old holiday gear is really good for the mass population of the game, since a lot of the players missed old events, and a lot of the players are likely to quit after a few months. So to them, they are still unique, but to us 1%, it ruins the holidays.

So I already know that Sam will reply back to my idea as "We would but we need to make ends meet, and it would exhaust a lot of resources to make every event unique". But here is the thing - It is a long term investment as a gaming company. A few unique trade-able events here, and 5 years from now, new players might be just obsessed enough to drop 2000 plat in order to obtain enough credits/gold to buy a super rare vanity off someone. I know players in WoW spent thousands and thousands on 3rd party gold. STS has first party gold, so why not? :P.
    That is true - hmm. It's not an easy dilemma. Somebody is gonna get mad either way. Perhaps allowing them is the lesser evil ... for certain items at least.

Still, I don't want to wake up one morning, log in, and find say, a GoA shield, a crown of persistence, or something like that on sale for 2,000 plat. There should be some clear line between what to expect on the deals and what should not be expected.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    That is true - hmm. It's not an easy dilemma. Somebody is gonna get mad either way. Perhaps allowing them is the lesser evil ... for certain items at least.

Still, I don't want to wake up one morning, log in, and find say, a GoA shield, a crown of persistence, or something like that on sale for 2,000 plat. There should be some clear line between what to expect on the deals and what should not be expected.
    Here is the line -

Items purchased with platinum are not immune to the DotD

Items earned through hard work or dev reward are immune. Antennae's, CoP, droid suit, SoG, Founders helm, ect.

Quest items are not immune - Snowman head was a free quest item.

Edit: On runescape, I remember the riot that happened on W1 and on the forums, because players were mad about rare item hording and that it should not be allowed. If it was ever implemented here, 5 years down the road, that is a battle the devs are going to have to face.

I would say the fairest but still profitable system is to allow all holiday or special event content to be trade-able. In runescape, they moved from trade-able to untrade-able, but they had the funds to do so. I guess we are stuck with either:

Excessive use of old content and hope for some really cool new content
    All new content, but very dull and boring, due to budgets
    All new content, all trade-able, huge money maker down the road. It can be as simple as giving out santa hats like they did on SL. That way budgets don't get hit early on.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 12-20-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

@Phar, Many antennae are for plat.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm. Done...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Well, from what I can see, the decision has already been made. Excessive old content with some new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    There's a lot of less that is well, unique enough, not to appear than even we can imagine it would seem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

What do u mean?
    Jugernuget (66) Proud Member of Hella Good
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jugernuget wants back View Post
    What do u mean?
    To which post

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

How bout these vanitys are tradable?
    Last edited by maneatingtree; 12-20-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maneatingtree View Post
    What about SOG? It cost plat
    uh really? Since when did they start offering the shield of gratitude for platinum? (Not sarcasm, real question)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    If I want to stand out, I just try to get the best gear, understand my class, play it to the best of my ability, and be a nice, kind and helpful person. That way, people remember me not because I joined the game before them and have something that they can't get, but because I am a good player and contribute to the community.

For some of us, including myself in particular, it isn't a sense of 'exclusiveness' or 'elitism,' but actually a sense of identity. If I didn't wear my pumpkin, who would I be? Just another random guy, but *because* of that pumpkin head that I never take off, I'm known as 'that guy who wears hate armor and the pumpkin all the time,' or 'The Pumpkin King' (actual things people have said to me). If the old pumpkin returned as a DOTD, I'd not only lose exclusivity over an item, I'd lose my identity, as now everyone could run around, looking *EXACTLY* the same as me, something that can now be accomplished with the selling of the snowman head and those who would always wear it around. If it were sold, people could one easily impersonate me and smear my reputation and possibly even Slander my name, something I'd get very upset about.

In short, yes, there are certain items that I and many others would prefer to stay exclusive. Again, sometimes it isn't always a matter of elitism or standing out from the crowd, but something more meaningful.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde:518626
    uh really? Since when did they start offering the shield of gratitude for platinum? (Not sarcasm, real question)
    You get it when you spend 30 plat.