Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Plat users and No Plat Users Leaderboards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default Plat users and No Plat Users Leaderboards

As we all know Plat users are by far has huge difference than nomal players who basically do most the hardwork....
    So it will be nice...if there was a different leaderboards for no plat users..it will be nice...
    I want oppininons from all you guys...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I like the idea about plat and no plat users. This could update every day as people with plat don't have it anymore etc.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I generally agree, but think that it will bring up too many complications
    For example, how to divide users who use plat all the time from those who use it just once in a while?

Also, STS doubtfully wants to discourage plat usage - after all, they r makin money on it to develop their games further

Actually, you can tell the difference by looking at kill ratio. Dude slaughtered 165.323 enemy is obviously plat-clean)) and actually, this difference makes him higher in rankings
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I hope they never get to the point where this is the new update. They already give free players a lot of things for free.

I work hard so I can buy plat to steal all the kills from no plat users. hahaHAHAHahaAHAHAH
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Ya but sure...u feel most of the players on leaderboards are just plat users...at least the people on leaderboards who are my friends are...Regular Plat users....this is just...i dont like it.....
    Moreover STS provides the list of "who were the fastest to cap"....i challenge that all these are plat users....

At least.they shouldnt disrespect noplat users...who are toooooo rare to see their names on leaderboards(of course except deaths).....
    STS should also provide names of no plat users who were to reach cap first...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

In PL, sts started a list of people reaching cap at nuri map before mount fang.
    They said they would do it for non plat users but in the end they didnt release it unless I miss some threads.
    So probably they wont do it I imagine.
    Cos, there are always tensions between plat user or no.

In SL, if im not wrong Pabochan cap voleria without plat yesterday. There r others but im not sure, need to ask around.

Anyway, I dont care much as long people have fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakatoa91 View Post
    In PL, sts started a list of people reaching cap at nuri map before mount fang.
    They said they would do it for non plat users but in the end they didnt release it unless I miss some threads.
    So probably they wont do it I imagine.
    Cos, there are always tensions between plat user or no.

In SL, if im not wrong Pabochan cap voleria without plat yesterday. There r others but im not sure, need to ask around.

Anyway, I dont care much as long people have fun.
    they were going to post a thread for non plat users that hit the cap, but there were none
    Kinect- 35 engineer, Television- 40 commando, Alldps- 35 op

Proud to be a Sparkling Pwnie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

This is a nice idea in theory but the reality is it is next to impossible and has too many complications. Your issue is really with enhancers, not with plat itself, because you can fairly easily drop gear that is (IMHO) slightly better than the Plat gear for PvE. Who doesn't use the free daily enhancers? Would you consider for the non-plat leader board people who don't use Plat weapons and armor, or who don't use enhancers, or both? Would the free enhancers then not count?

More importantly, would people who don't use plat then be looked down on by those that choose to support the company that makes the game? If it weren't for Plat users, non Plat users would not have the game to play. This is not meant to offend, just to keep things in perspective. This has been pointed out by others in many threads before this anyway.

Providing the names of non Plat users to cap could be a nice compromise! I like that idea better.
    Infinite Union Officer:
    Firoth, engineer. Firothi, operative. Firothon, commando.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyache View Post
    This is a nice idea in theory but the reality is it is next to impossible and has too many complications. Your issue is really with enhancers, not with plat itself, because you can fairly easily drop gear that is (IMHO) slightly better than the Plat gear for PvE. Who doesn't use the free daily enhancers? Would you consider for the non-plat leader board people who don't use Plat weapons and armor, or who don't use enhancers, or both? Would the free enhancers then not count?

More importantly, would people who don't use plat then be looked down on by those that choose to support the company that makes the game? If it weren't for Plat users, non Plat users would not have the game to play. This is not meant to offend, just to keep things in perspective. This has been pointed out by others in many threads before this anyway.

Providing the names of non Plat users to cap could be a nice compromise! I like that idea better.
    heh teddyache is a funny name
    Kinect- 35 engineer, Television- 40 commando, Alldps- 35 op

Proud to be a Sparkling Pwnie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kinect:518947
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddyache View Post

heh teddyache is a funny name
    LoL television! :P

Hey i know Pablobobchann is my very close frend...i know thts why i wanted a leaderboard for non plat user too...cause players like her never get their chance against super fast 4X/3X users

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If you hit 41 in 4 days you are a major plat usere

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Lol that would be nice. People would see how I reached 41 without plat lol

SL: Pab - Pabby - Paulien
    DL: Pab - Pauline
    AL: Paulien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am not sure how long the update has been out... but in regards to Pablobobchann, I can vouch for many of the runs she did. I ran with her many times, and I never saw an xp elixer.

As Pab is a friend, and officer in my guild, I also tell you she has been on at least 12 hours a day. I would probably put that number closer to 16/day, but I can't say.

Regarding a plat/no plat leaderboard, I don't see it happening. As mentioned above, splitting leaderboards will alienate plat and no-plat users. A good alternative might be a time spent in game to achieve level cap leaderboard, but I don't know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Then Atleast we the non plat user can get a diff thread for who were the fastest among.non plats user to.cap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'd be against it.

It would create a divide in our community.
    Plus, they make their money off this stuff.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I like the idea and it would be cool if they start it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

We already could easily see the difference among Players ...people hving plats are getting epic implants...where we non plats stuck to same old rare ones to craft....a small example...steel skin and dura skin...makes a far too difference...
    By far Plat users are best
    At least my point is:-
    If they provide epic implants for plat..non plat users can also buy with creds
    If they provide pink shields for plat users....non plats should also be able to buy em using creds
    Thats it
    I dont wanna make division...i wanna say...people should be equal
    I make it clear I AM NOT JEALOUSE

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Ahh nice rittik:-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mechengineeernick:519020
    I am not sure how long the update has been out... but in regards to Pablobobchann, I can vouch for many of the runs she did. I ran with her many times, and I never saw an xp elixer.

As Pab is a friend, and officer in my guild, I also tell you she has been on at least 12 hours a day. I would probably put that number closer to 16/day, but I can't say.

Regarding a plat/no plat leaderboard, I don't see it happening. As mentioned above, splitting leaderboards will alienate plat and no-plat users. A good alternative might be a time spent in game to achieve level cap leaderboard, but I don't know.
    Correction - 24 hours.

Lol jkjk :P

SL: Pab - Pabby - Paulien
    DL: Pab - Pauline
    AL: Paulien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Enhancers are a choice, they are not needed to level. However, implants and stuff, yes I agree, that is putting gear difference too far, IMO. BUT, STS was kind enough to offer a service known as TapJoy for those expenditures, as TapJoy can pretty much cover the platinum purchase here and there.

The only thing that TapJoy can't really cover is continuous enhancer use and continuous pay per instance. Then again, there are credit alternatives for the enhancer use. Granted they are expensive, but you got to put in the work somehow.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: