Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Technology Roadmap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you implement 50% of that I would be willing to pay a monthly subscription $5 -$10 without in app purchases being needed but optional. I would pay for my GF's also since she really digs the game too. This is exactly what i have been waiting for and if you guys bring it.. you will have a HUGE community supporting you! Keep up the great work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I gotta say it again but, THANK YOU! If you continue to work like this then this is going to be the best iPhone game ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great list! I'm so excited about where this game is headed.

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

When i read this i got A warm fuzzy feeling cause u guys are trying so hard and your doing a fantastic job keep it up !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I weeped for joy when I saw there would be a combination of both trading and an auction house. THANK YOU
    Theodor- level 23 ursan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am so Amazed that I am almost at a lost for words. but now I just realize that there is One HUGE idea that you guys are leaving out.

But another thing I would like to see is a regular world like in all the other mmorpg games you know where players do quests, explore and tons of other things etc...
    Basically I would like to see a one huge land mass where players do quests, explore and tons of other things etc...

Quote Originally Posted by sephirium View Post
    Also, Guilds, in this game right now would be rather useless, considering that there is no real end game content or Real Comradeship in this game thus far, so far ive played over 15 hours and made only 1 real friend whom i would play with again, the game is too random at this point to even think about having a guild function. ((((Reply by flamin) I do not agree with the part about the game is too random at this point to even think about having a guild function, but the rest I agree with, like there needs to be more real end game content and real comradship. and also I agree with almost everything below aka almost all of the the rest of the quote.)))

when Spacetime implements more stuff such as free roaming the world and having a giant server to host this giant world that they plan on making then maybe just maybe a guild function would be benificial. but for right now most games are randomized and you run into alot of different players without even speaking a word.

mind that this is my opinion and it really means nothing but i believe there are more important fundamentals that need to be worked out such as making gameplay non-linear and creating a free roam environment ala Ruinscape and or wow to truly make this a MMO RPG. A MMO needs quests as well as rewards for doing them, also a mmo needs diversity to suit many different gamers.
    Basically what we want is a non-linear and literally impossible to beat with, literally neverending entertainment and fun and new things to do, and have the maximum level be like 200 and eventually 1000 or something, a ultimate place to roam do quests, explore, fight enemies, etc….. and a ton more too, and the game should be literally impossible to beat with not even getting close to being bored with the game after 5 years of playing. Now if you guys can add a quick simple one of these next month, then over the course of the next ten year finish it up and touch it up and make it perfect and absolutely awsome then... This game will be known... as the best mmorpg game that man has ever created. (maybe not best mmorph that man has ever created, but at least in the top ten (even including computer mmorpg games), but you know what I mean.)
    Last edited by Flamin; 04-16-2010 at 08:50 PM.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know if they really are looking at adding guilds, then I think a good option to look at adding is a full screen chat. Example: When you click on the chat box to open chat, there is another option to make the entire screen chat, that way guildies could sit in game and chat if they want to, I mean that would help encourage more people to interact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    This is always a touchy subject, but some of you were wondering about where Pocket Legends is headed. From our perspective, the sky is the limit. We feel we've created the core of a really fun game and we are 100% committed to Pocket Legends and to the community.

Gary has posted about how we handle change (link). We have a huge whiteboard list of short term goals, long term goals, and an extensive Sharepoint list detailing tasks, todos, and bugs so we know what we're working on on a day to day basis. Data changes we make will continually add new content, fix bugs, and exploits. Server code changes can fix bugs and exploits at a moment's notice. However, client code changes must thoughtfully be planned out. Our experience has been it takes roughly 2 weeks for the Apple submission process. We want to make sure we get the most code bang for buck, since we may not be able to update the client for a while.

While this is always subject to change at a moment's notice, here's a high-level roadmap of what we're focused on:

Short Term Goals
    • Build community
    • Stabilize service
    • Customer Service Tools
    • Understand Apple approval process for application updates and in-app purchases

Code Features (each of these will most likely require a client update to introduce)
    • More player customization
    • Bank
    • Mailboxes
    • Quests
    • Secure Trade
    • Pets
    • PvP
    • Guilds
    • World Map
    • Player Housing
    • Auction House
    • Achievements and Leaderboards
    • Randomized Dungeons

Eventually, I'd like to get a page on the website where major and minor features we're working are listed in more detail with status. But, for now, we inform the community of major changes with In Development updates, and the rest of the changes are told to the community after they have already happened (in patches).

We have a firm technology platform to be able to scale, react to the community, and expand the game well into the future.

-ALS
    By world map do you mean a ultimate world with a huge land mass, where players do quests and explore and kill enemies etc.......
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin View Post
    I am so Amazed that I am almost at a lost for words. but now I just realize that there is One HUGE idea that you guys are leaving out.

But another thing I would like to see is a regular world like in all the other mmorpg games you know where players do quests, explore and tons of other things etc...
    Basically I would like to see a one huge land mass where players do quests, explore and tons of other things etc...

Basically what we want is a non-linear and literally impossible to beat with, literally neverending entertainment and fun and new things to do, and have the maximum level be like 200 and eventually 1000 or something, a ultimate place to roam do quests, explore, fight enemies, etc….. and a ton more too, and the game should be literally impossible to beat with not even getting close to being bored with the game after 5 years of playing. Now if you guys can add a quick simple one of these next month, then over the course of the next ten year finish it up and touch it up and make it perfect and absolutely awsome then... This game will be known... as the best mmorpg game that man has ever created. (maybe not best mmorph that man has ever created, but at least in the top ten (even including computer mmorpg games), but you know what I mean.)
    firstly, if we have one huge map, the lag would be horrible. The small map rooms are ideal, since they have a limited number of players. Keep in mind, this is an iphone, not a PC. And the devs are trying to make it as platform friendly as possible. A iPhone 2g probably wont have the ram to handle large maps.

Secondly, the best mmorpg ever created is by God, and its called Real Life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post

firstly, if we have one huge map, the lag would be horrible. The small map rooms are ideal, since they have a limited number of players. Keep in mind, this is an iphone, not a PC. And the devs are trying to make it as platform friendly as possible. A iPhone 2g probably wont have the ram to handle large maps.

Ya but ipod 3gs can hold it. and iphones 3gs, and ipads all work with it. so it would only limit a few people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin View Post
    Ya but ipod 3gs can hold it. and iphones 3gs, and ipads all work with it. so it would only limit a few people.

a few people...? I assure you, it is more then "a few people"

When developers make games, they usually try to make them as platform friendly as possible. Blizzard has huge success with this, nearly all their games can be played on PC with less then stellar specs. because of this, alot more people can play their games, and thus more sales.

Anyway, a huge shared world map is practical. If you want such a thing, go play on a PC. I dont have time to bother running from point A to point B. Not to mention it will be laggy and having too many players will also contribute to the lag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fantastic you guys are putting your roadmap online! Gives us lots of stuff to look forward to, and it carries a clear promise of more depth (needed).

You guys are great, keep it up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would be great if you could post a short/long term roadmap with timelines for submission to app store.

Good work so far!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too can't say enough about this game... I initially got it by the simple description. This game has exceeded my expectations and paved the way for hours of gameplay. Can't wait to log in and see the update being downloaded and checking to see what the changes are. Love the "in-app" armor and weapons.

More player customization
    Bank
    Mailboxes
    Quests
    Secure Trade
    PvP
    Guilds
    World Map
    Player Housing
    Auction House

these are all that I can't wait for... will increase the games popularity tenfold. I already have convinced friends to try it out... it really helps that the start is free. Good Job!!
    Characters: Frantic lvl 23 Archer; Dragos lvl 17 Enchantress; Typhos lvl 4 archer lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i never played that mmorpg any good??
    Iphone 16GB 3GS
    Character: Itcho, Warrior (Level 30) on Alterra Server
    Character: Itcha, Enchantress (Level 12) on Alterra Server
    Proud Member of the LEGENDS Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Suggestions for this thread.
    1) sticky
    2) there should be a section informing what is confirmed for the next patch or server update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darrensmith016 View Post
    i never played that mmorpg any good??
    Yeah, in fact it was some awesome they made a sequel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

a few people...? I assure you, it is more then "a few people"

When developers make games, they usually try to make them as platform friendly as possible. Blizzard has huge success with this, nearly all their games can be played on PC with less then stellar specs. because of this, alot more people can play their games, and thus more sales.

Anyway, a huge shared world map is practical. If you want such a thing, go play on a PC. I dont have time to bother running from point A to point B. Not to mention it will be laggy and having too many players will also contribute to the lag.
    I guess i aggree with you now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Excellent job so far on the game! Would love to see any or all the features implemented!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you devs! More features than I thought an Iphone was capable of! I have to say that we all should be thankful of the quick response time on updates. Count on my support of this game and keep bringing the new.