Thread: Over 100% crit and dodge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

If a dev does not respond then maybe test it yourself? If you can achieve a 50% crit then just test whether or not you’re actually doing crits 50% if the time. For every hit you do on a mob mark down whether it was a crit or not. Take how many crit hits you got and divide it by the total hits. If the percentage comes out to be within a percent error of like +-2% of 50% then you’ve got your answer. If not then test more!

If the above is true and you only crit ~50% of your shots with 50% crit then yes, the extra 20% of 120% would be completely useless and 100% would suffice.

Edit:
    I'll do this test just to be able to gain a definitive answer. I'll update this reply later.

Edit 2:
    I’ve completed one experiment that uses 100 hits total and calculated how many of the 100 hits were critical.
    TLDR: Character critical hit chance was 38.58%. Tests resulted in 38% crits of total which has a 1.5% percent error off of the original value. Any percentage crit chance above 100% would be worthless according to this experiment.
    Last edited by Dragonsalt; 09-17-2019 at 09:36 PM.