Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can you conquer death: Voleria Edition - Registration Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Default Can you conquer death: Voleria Edition - Registration Thread

Star Legends Help presents: Can you conquer death: Voleria Edition!

----Hello and welcome to the first official contest hosted by the Star Legends Help guild!! Star Legends Help is a small guild of players who hang out in the 'towns' of Star Legends answering questions about the game, socializing with others, and promoting a carefree environment. Check us out in my signature below!----

The idea for this contest came to me in a dream (and by dream I mean in blackstar...and by me I mean myself, Ardon, Silent, Javi, and Tameron). While discussing ideas for a contest, we decided that with the Voleria campaign being the much more difficult than all the others, a test of speed, teamwork, and the ability to stay alive would be the basis of this contest.

When is the contest?
    • The sign ups will run till Friday, January 6. You have until 11:59 pm EST on January 6 to register your team.

• Once teams are registered, we will spend 2 days assigning time slots for the teams. This will run from Friday, January 6 - Sunday, January 8. Teams will have a chance to adjust their times to better fit their schedules

• The actual contest will run from Monday, January 9 - Sunday, January 15. You have until 11:59 EST on January 15 to complete your runs.

How do I compete?
    • Competing is simple; the contest is TEAM based. Your team will consist of 1 operative, 1 commando, and 1 engineer. This is the only combination we will accept.

• Contestants will complete all 5 maps of Voleria (except for the last boss) and will be judged on their completion speed. The only catch is, deaths add to your teams total time

• The team with the fastest completion time for all 5 maps will be declared the winners.

• The winning team will receive 150k credits to be split between the 3 of them (50k per person for those who can't do math ). Second Place Team will receive 45k credits (15k each) and Third Place Team will receive 30k credits (10k each).

• STS has also thrown in a generous prize for the top 3 teams who compete.

1st Place - 100 plat PER PERSON and a custom forum title "Voleria Vanquisher"
      2nd Place - 50 plat PER PERSON
      3rd Place - 25 plat PER PERSON

Thank you to Sam and the other STS members for this generous donation!

How will the teams be scored?
    • The fine judges of Star Legends Help will join your games (2 judges per game, thus the team limit of 3) and keep track of your time

• Judges will be positioned at the beginning of the map. This is to avoid getting involved in combat, and to see if people spawn at the beginning of the map should the engineer die (No plat respawns, see rules below)

• Times will be collected by both judges and will be stopped after each map. You do not need to rush between maps, your time will be saved, but we would appreciate a complete run through all 5 at once

• Deaths will add 30 seconds to your team's time.

• Time will be taken in hours:minutes:seconds. Should there be a tie between 2 teams, the team with the LEAST deaths will take the victory.

Contest Rules
    • Only 1 character per account. No alts what-so-ever. Anyone found using an alternate account will be immediately disqualified and banned from future SLH contests. This is your warning. No exceptions will be made.

• No plat respawns. Not everyone has platinum. This is not fair to others. Anyone using platinum respawns will be penalized 2 minutes for the first time (accidents happen, for some people it's a habit) with an extra minute on top of the original 2 for each future occurrence (3 minutes, then 4 minutes, etc...will really add up, SO DON'T DO IT).

• No leaving the instance for ANY reason We understand things might come up in real life. However, as this contest revolves around teamwork and penalizes for dying, leaving an instance and then rejoining is cheating. We ask that you only sign up to compete if you have the time during the day to play straight through. If an emergency should arise, you can appeal to the SLH judges who will bring your case to me, and we will decide if we will move your contest time to another day. Leaving an instance and rejoining is a 5 minute penalty, and will also severely hurt your teams chances of winning since 3>2

• The 3 characters who begin the contest for a team must be the 3 to finish

• One a map in Voleria is completed, it cannot be revisited/restarted. Once a map is started, it must be completed to the finish. A map is considered complete when the pop up to advance to the next level is seen (0 enemies remaining)

• NO ELIXIRS MAY BE USED None. Zero. Nada. Do not use ANY elixir of any sort. This will result in immediate disqualification for your entire team.

Things to consider
    • Each persons death count before the contest starts is recorded. We will know if you have died, and will use this total to compare to what our judges count. Do not try to lie to us that you didn't die, we will know one way or the other.

• If you cannot afford stimpacks, this contest isn't for you. As we cannot supply people with stim packs, nor can we monitor the amount used by other people, there is no limit. Come prepared.

Disclaimer
    The Star Legends Help guild shows no bias towards any members of the forums. Time penalties are at the judges discretion. As we can not see what is going on with your device, we ask you provide picture proof should your device disconnect or an issue arrise. Any decision made by the Star Legends Help guild is final and will not be debated further once a decision is made. We are not a company and are not making money off of this, so we ask you to respect our decisions as fellow players doing a favor to the community.

Sincerely,

Kahlua, Ardon, Javiermadriz, Silent, Aerooo and Tameron
    Star Legends Help
    Last edited by Kahlua; 01-05-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

We will only be accepting 15 teams right now. All teams must be at least able to access the Voleria campaign. Please sign up with:

1. Your team members, their class, and their levels.
    2. Your team captain whom I can message about a time slot.

Teams

1. Tameron: commando - 40, Cheonafy: engineer - 41, Rossamund: operative - 40
    2. Goiegaban: commando - 40, Huzzaridan: engineer - 37, Secretagent: operative - 40
    3. Vanille: Commando - 40, Kaytar: Engineer - 40, Quueri: Operative - 40
    4. Mercmonkey: Commando - 41, Deadlyvixen: Engineer - 41, Kizlodez: Operative - 40
    5. Ozuyucalebam: Commando - 40, Aurthurdent: Engineer - 40, Voyze: Operative - 41
    6. Flipwhiskey: Commando, Darknaut: Engineer, Beastx: Operative
    7. Riochy: Commando - 40, Fererra: Engineer - 41, Divinehawkz: Operative - 41
    8. Taresafoo: Commando - 41, Seradisarc: Engineer - 41, Kaleia: Operative - 40
    9. Bozack: Commando - 40, Fruitcake: Engineer - 40, Fiend: Operative - 40
    10. Garvhoz: Commando - 37, Tommyyphom: Engineer - 41, Secretspy: Operative - 40
    12. Rohith: Commando - 37, Bonecrusher: Engineer - 40, Andreextrom: Operative - 40
    13. Deokahidale: Commando - 41, Schtoiven: Engineer - 40, Giiesebae: Operative - 40
    13. FAARARECAB: Commando - 40, THEMURDERER: Engineer - 40, MICHAELPR: Operative - 40
    14. Trixie: Commando - 40, Killaings: Engineer - 40, Ravin: Operative - 39
    15. Liem: Commando - 40, Saiyen: Engineer - 40, Tarja: Operative - 39

AND THE "I WAITED FOR EVER TO SIGN UP AND DID SO AFTER THE SPOTS WERE FILLED BUT AM TECHNICALLY NOT 100% AT FAULT SO WILL BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE ANYWAYS" TEAMS #16 and #17:

16. BOBmasta: Commando - 41, Radaroreilly: Engineer - 40, Darling: Operative - 40
    17. Kholiwen: Commando - 40, Ucadelith: Engineer - 40, Ipoelji: Operative - 40
    Last edited by Kahlua; 01-06-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Donations

If you wish to donate to the contest, feel free to do so! Right now, I am supplying the credits for this contest because I erased all of my main accounts, and therefore have nothing to spend money on. Any donations will help the contest appeal to the masses. Message me on Knowledgebase, or PM me here if you wish to donate. You can also leave a note saying you'd like to donate if you're registering for a team.

All donators will be listed here. I think they deserve their own post.

Donators
    • STS Staff:
      1st Place - 100 plat PER PERSON and a custom forum title "Voleria Vanquisher"
      2nd Place - 50 plat PER PERSON
      3rd Place - 25 plat PER PERSON

• Javiermadriz - 75k credits (2nd and 3rd place prizes)

Thank you to all the donators!
    Last edited by Kahlua; 01-03-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Wow this contest sounds fun! I'd love to enter this competition. Is there a level requirement? I don't think people would want to be in my team though. I'm level 37 currently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    Wow this contest sounds fun! I'd love to enter this competition. Is there a level requirement? I don't think people would want to be in my team though. I'm level 37 currently.
    Only requirement is that you need to be able to access Voleria (lvl 34 I believe). Ask around, I'm sure you've got some friends who'd love to compete with you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hello Kahlua, really a amazing and exciting contest!
    This will be great!

Edit: How you will track the time exactly?
    Last edited by Hans; 12-28-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    This will be great!
    I hope to see a lot of my pwnies in this contest <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    I hope to see a lot of my pwnies in this contest <3

Let´s Rock this contest <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Nice contest Kally.

One thing,

No leaving the instance for ANY reason We understand things might come up in real life. However, as this contest revolves around teamwork and penalizes for dying, leaving an instance and then rejoining is cheating. We ask that you only sign up to compete if you have the time during the day to play straight through. If an emergency should arise, you can appeal to the SLH judges who will bring your case to me, and we will decide if we will move your contest time to another day. Leaving an instance and rejoining is a 5 minute penalty, and will also severely hurt your teams chances of winning since 3>2
    What about DC's? I know a few people this happens to regular. Is this considered 'cheating'?

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Nice contest Kally.

One thing,

What about DC's? I know a few people this happens to regular. Is this considered 'cheating'?
    Covered in my disclaimer. Picture evidence of ping spikes will get you off the hook. If connection is an issue, I'd have to say sit this contest out, or play on Chrome. Only so much we can do for people unfortunately We also will use the judges best discretion in-game to see if people are immobile for a period of time. The contestants just need to simply let us know if a teammate has stopped responding or moving.
    Last edited by Kahlua; 12-28-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    This will be great!

Edit: How you will track the time exactly?
    Both judges will record times for each level of the 5, totaling up at the end. All results will be sent to me for deliberation. All penalties shall be added at the end of the 5 levels from the TOTAL time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Covered in my disclaimer. Picture evidence ping of spikes will get you off the hook. If connection is an issue, I'd have to say sit this contest out, or play on Chrome. Only so much we can do for people unfortunately We also will us the judges best discretion in-game to see if people are immobile for a period of time. The contestants just need to simply let us know if a teammate has stopped responding or moving.
    I read everything except the disclaimer :O lol kk, where im staying atm I do not have WiFi, so it would be 3g/H and it kinda sux sometimes.

Maybe.. We will see.. Thanks again for clearing that up tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    I read everything except the disclaimer :O lol kk, where im staying atm I do not have WiFi, so it would be 3g/H and it kinda sux sometimes.

Maybe.. We will see.. Thanks again for clearing that up tho
    Sure thing
    If we find connection is really an issue with a lot of people, we'll hold re-runs for maps where people had problems. Again, all we require is proof of ping spikes or if a judge makes note of someone having a bad phone day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Sure thing
    If we find connection is really an issue with a lot of people, we'll hold re-runs for maps where people had problems. Again, all we require is proof of ping spikes or if a judge makes note of someone having a bad phone day
    Cool, i could imagine having an amazing score and then on the last hurdle get disconnected. Wouldn't be fair to the other two glad it will be taken into consideration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

oh put me down , ill get a team ready and post up (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki View Post
    oh put me down , ill get a team ready and post up (:
    Once you submit a team I'll register you
    If you could also post a new post here, and not just edit your previous post, I'd appreciate it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Once you submit a team I'll register you
    If you could also post a new post here, and not just edit your previous post, I'd appreciate it
    np kahly (: , heard you deleted your toons :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

heard you deleted your toons :/
    What what?? :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

np kahly (: , heard you deleted your toons :/
    yeah every single one but my SLH account and my favorite pvp account.
    Re-made some of the accounts just so people couldn't steal the names...but, yes, all are lvl 1 now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hmm... 15 slots, eh? Do you mind saving a spot for me? I'm level 24 so it shouldn't take that long. If not, that's okay.