Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What the new update has brought forth...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default What the new update has brought forth...

I didn't know where to post this, but I figured that you couldn't go wrong with Pocket Legends General Discussion.

It's December 16th! Update day! Everybody is in high spirits for the campaigns! Then, the dreaded news is announced: Platinum per instance, when regarding the holiday campaigns for both SL and PL.

Star Legends/Pocket Legends:

Important Details:

• Star Legends receives a new campaign pack: Planet Voleria.
    • Star Legends receives the update for their holiday campaign.
    • Holiday campaign is announced to be paid per instance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros [For STS]:

• New campaign is announced, thus lightening the complaints from SL players regarding the platinum per instance.
    • Money is rolling in.
    • People are amazed by the creativity of Voleria.

Cons [For STS]:

• Due to the platinum per instance, players have lost their trust in STS as a company.
    • People at Pocket Legends are insulted because all of the creativity seems to be heading to the SL department.
    • People begin to boycott platinum purchases
    • Much drama on the forums. Rants are not handled very well.
    • Many veterans/contributors to the game are quitting.
    • The platinum per instance was likely detrimental, as people would have likely spent more if they didn't feel like they were forced to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pros [For Players]:

• For Pocket Legends, people are ecstatic about the new items for Christmas, even if the stats remained the same.
    • For Star Legends, players are ecstatic about Planet Voleria.

Cons [For Players]:

• Regarding both games, players are beginning to take notice to the rise in platinum prices. For one reason only: Platinum per Instance.
    • Players are getting banned/getting infractions for voicing their opinions.
    • Posts are stifled, even if they may contain rage but have LOTS of constructive criticism.
    • Players feel as if they need to be forced to pay platinum.
    • Players feel more like they are a statistic rather than an actual customer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aftermath:

• Spacetime Studios developers are not taking the proper approach to appease the masses. Telling your LOYAL customers to leave the game or that you as a company need money to fund the game is NOT an valid excuse. Why? If the campaigns had INNOVATION like VOLERIA possesses, many people would be fine paying platinum prices.

• Nickel and Dime-ing Players is NOT the way to go. "Packs" would be appreciated. The "Carnival" ride/ticket system is NOT the approach to make. IMO, it's one of the most outrageous marketing decisions a business can make, especially in a game such as an MMO.

• Players are enraged that their posts are being stifled. STS, this is NOT the time to make them even more angry. Yes, the feedback hurts or creates a lot of drama, but people need to vent. Let them, as long as they are respectful in their ranting. If you delete their post, all their hard-work and passion into that post is gone. To what ends? To save you a little face? It's detrimental: Players as a community would view it as a sign of weakness for not being able to face the music.

What We Did Wrong:

What We Did Wrong [Players]:

• This game is their property. In the TOS, it specifically states that you are LICENSING a piece of software that they, the developers, can make changes to for whichever reason they so desire. Thus, riots are not right. That's like going onto somebody's private property or house and graffitting their house. It's disrespectful. THIS IS THEIR PRIVATE PROPERTY.

• If we didn't like the changes they went with, we shouldn't have bought platinum. In this day and age, money speaks A LOT louder than words. How do we know this? Take a look at AT&T. When they had exclusivity on the iPhone and people were moaning about the horrible coverages, what did AT&T do? NOTHING. When the iPhone's exclusivity contract ended, what did AT&T do? They released a new and improved network. Their LTE 4G network which promised better coverage and data speeds.

• Analyzing their posts to the extreme. It's the holidays, even the developers are people. Thus, they feel the heat too. I sure would not like to be the person wanting to deal with tons of angry people. Thus, take it a bit easy and don't over dramatize things. STS has fixed things for us in the past, they will now as well.

What They Did Wrong [SpaceTime Studios]:

• STS, we are your customers, thus we deserve a little respect, that is if you want us to buy platinum. Deleting our posts/locking threads/making COLD PR statements is not the way to go. It's like getting slapped in the face. With all due respect, we deserve better than that. We, the loyal players, stick with you through the rough and harsh times along with the good times. Why? We care about the game. Deleting our VALID thoughts and opinions is not the way to go, even if you do not agree with the player. A prime example of this is Pharycde. Many of his posts were deleted, even some that were completely constructive. What's the deal with that? WhoisThis is yet another example. One of the MOST respectful and passionate players I have seen in the game, yet he receives an infraction/black mark for in the developers view, twisting the statements of the developers.

• Charging us for HOLIDAY content. STS, in just about any MMO, holidays are for getting together and giving. Even Macy's or big organizations give HUGE SALES on their items. It's about the community spirit. Have you guys lost sight about that?

• Cold PR Statements. I'm sorry, but if you noticed in politics, when you are a public figure, you need to watch your wording. What does this mean? Learn to deliver statements that appease the masses but still benefit you. It's called compromise. This IS NOT a place where you bring your emotions and biased approach into it.

How To Fix It [My Biased Opinion]:

• In order to show that you guys are still in the holiday spirit, give Christmas Eve and Christmas as freebie days for the campaigns. Charging platinum per instance was actually detrimental, because players did not spend platinum on elixirs then. Maybe doing this would actually BOOST elixir sales.

• Making a SINCERE public statement. An apology can go a long way. It shows that even as a business, you can still admit immoral and ethically questionable actions.

• Bring back the INNOVATION. SL has been getting the innovation, yet more players play PL. Thus, isn't PL the cash cow? Why is SL getting the creative campaigns then? Show both customers that you care. Don't make the PL side feel like they are funding SL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all my thoughts for now. I may add to this post should I feel need be.

Please, developers, it's a plea from me. Do not lock this thread. Just try to read it and understand what we're getting at.

Disclaimer: I know that I have done many of the things I have stated, but after calming down and reflecting, this is what I think and how I think we can solve this dilemma.
    Last edited by Zeus; 12-17-2011 at 10:53 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Well organized and well thought out
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Well Said, and hope its well taken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I agree- thanks parth, plus i needa talk to you. I have a great idea.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Thank you Parth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

That was amazing. Perfectly thought out, looking at it from both sides, polite... Parth, you wowed us all I hope the devs see this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Remember how ao3 or 2 was like breath taking? ( so I've heard ) well SL just came out awhile ago and well basically I think that's there point there at right now.

Great Examples and well writing using facts
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Wow Parth...... That was a bombshell of epic wording.

I would thank but I'm maxed for the day.

I will be watching this thread, the developer reaction will determine if PL has any future left or if it will become a failed game.

Edit: I don't even want to think about how rough PL players have it. I play solely SL, and SL still has a lot of big issues. STS needs to take some serious time off for the holidays and relax. They have their work cut out for them when they get back.

Standing issues in SL:
    - Increasingly bigger gap between rich and poor
    - Only ways to make money: Get incredibly lucky, buy platinum, or farm for extended periods of time collecting small 2k drops and hope for a rare worth 10k, or a legendary pistol.
    - Very poor pvp system, in it's prototype stages
    - Several players have already hit 41. The heat is already on for STS to produce another level cap before players get bored and leave.
    - Combat inbalances
    - lack of variety for gear stats
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 12-17-2011 at 11:22 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pharcyde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I don't agree with a couple of your conclusions a much as others, but I'm glad you're willing to try to look at the issue from both perspectives. Thats why you're a star player, Apollo.

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    I don't agree with a couple of your conclusions a much as others, but I'm glad you're willing to try to look at the issue from both perspectives. Thats why you're a star player, Apollo.
    Haha, I didn't expect everybody to agree with it. Even when you try to be unbiased, it's still biased, Bahahaha.

Feel free to post your perspective, or PM me. I'm good either way. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    I agree- thanks parth, plus i needa talk to you. I have a great idea.
    Sorry for the double post, but I'm on my phone.

Conrad, feel free to PM me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Wow Parth...... That was a bombshell of epic wording.

I would thank but I'm maxed for the day.

I will be watching this thread, the developer reaction will determine if PL has any future left or if it will become a failed game.

It's a risky post as well. Considering that several of us have already gotten PMs.

It remains to be seen whether this post or my other long post gets locked. Lets hope for the best at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    It's a risky post as well. Considering that several of us have already gotten PMs.

It remains to be seen whether this post or my other long post gets locked. Lets hope for the best at this point.
    It was a risk that I knew I was taking, but if it pays off, it would be well worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    It was a risk that I knew I was taking, but if it pays off, it would be well worth it.
    Trust me - me, Pharcyde, Noob, we all took it. We all were willing to risk a perma-ban.

We know what you're going through. You've put an immense amount of time and effort into the both the forums and game - to see that investment implode over the past few months has been intolerable.

But at this point, there has been little or no response from the developers at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

None of you diserve a ban-- I won't talk about this much since bans aren't meant to be shared upon forums-- but Attack elf and Apollo are the last people that should be banned.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    None of you diserve a ban-- I won't talk about this much since bans aren't meant to be shared upon forums-- but Attack elf and Apollo are the last people that should be banned.
    Agreed. If anything was to happen to them. This game would implode on itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Much respect Apollo... As always you have chosen your words wisely and I hope this thread is well received (and listened to) by the devs!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Agreed. If anything was to happen to them. This game would implode on itself.
    Agreed .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    Much respect Apollo... As always you have chosen your words wisely and I hope this thread is well received (and listened to) by the devs!!
    Thanks Tankkaar. I hope the developers don't take this thread as a flame to be deleted/locked but more as a message. It's quite hard to read through 300 angry comments, so essentially I summed up the widely agreed views in this post, along with my own perspective on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Its good that you postet that and it was risky because we dont know how sts will react to more critism but if they go.on locking this ill think about leaving. Nice talk apollo Deadsoldiers
    Characters:
    Deadfarmers Level 76 Mage Deadsoldiers Level 36 Bear Deadfighters Level 15 Twink Deadmerchant Level 33 Merchant