Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Aoa membership

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Default Aoa membership

How does someone get into aoa? I know that they need to be reccomended by a dev or a current member, but I want to know how most people get in. I made a guy locked on lvl 1 this week for helping newbies, and I would like to be able to have him in aoa... I understand that you probably cant just let me in, but I would like to at least know how everything works

Btw the helper I made is named Applehelper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

I would suggest a PM to Pandar. Some are watched carefully by us ambassadors and then recommended. We will have an application for AoA membership later.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Thanks wound

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Wound -.- Stole my question :P
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Wound -.- Stole my question :P
    Sowwy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    We will have an application for AoA membership later.
    Sweet!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lead and be lead, all good leaders must be adept at both. Knowledge of game play, stats, how to beat what and to whom to give what are important factors .. or know how to get answers you don't readily have. Also a great attitude, the only stupid questions are the ones no one asks, we're tasked to make welcome all new players so being open, approachable and kind is a must. I speak only to what I seek in a person who will win my vote.
    Good luck! You're pro-active approach here has not gone unnoticed :-)
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Does helping at game also count? Or only helping at forums count? If helping at game counts? What is exact definition of help?

Helping new players to kill boss, helping them to locate the appropriate NPC they need to talk to compelete the quest (explaining them the work of arrow below thier feet),helping players by telling them abt different types of rarity of weapons by the color of weapon name (not the color of weapon itself),helping players by telling them the shield they have been searching for all day long is nt a shield bt a shield vanity given as deal of the day nd is nt available anymore nw,helping them by donating some gold so they can buy the shiny jewel x-bow,helping ppl with commands,how to enter trade and secure trade,providing the proper fb page link and web address of the dark legends to get the latest news and teaser related to game and to tell him that yes dark legends is nt just a false rumor bt a game under development by STS.

If all of these are counted in 'helping' I would already have been in AOA coz I do stuff like this daily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

just be active on forums. help as much as you can. be nice to everyone. don't pester anyone constantly about getting into aoa. just do your thing. you'll get noticed haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

What I tell everyone who asks about becoming AoA is: just keep doing what you're doing and be yourself. If you're purposefully trying to be helpful to get into AoA and get noticed, trust me, we can tell and it doesn't help your cause. I'm not saying this to be a downer, its just that we have so many people who want to join just for the status, even though literally *every* single person will say that they aren't doing it just for that.

As I said, just be yourself and keep doing what you've been doing, if it's what we're looking for, we'll come find you, no need to find us.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zuesmirza View Post
    Does helping at game also count? Or only helping at forums count? If helping at game counts? What is exact definition of help?

Helping new players to kill boss, helping them to locate the appropriate NPC they need to talk to compelete the quest (explaining them the work of arrow below thier feet),helping players by telling them abt different types of rarity of weapons by the color of weapon name (not the color of weapon itself),helping players by telling them the shield they have been searching for all day long is nt a shield bt a shield vanity given as deal of the day nd is nt available anymore nw,helping them by donating some gold so they can buy the shiny jewel x-bow,helping ppl with commands,how to enter trade and secure trade,providing the proper fb page link and web address of the dark legends to get the latest news and teaser related to game and to tell him that yes dark legends is nt just a false rumor bt a game under development by STS.

If all of these are counted in 'helping' I would already have been in AOA coz I do stuff like this daily.
    Helping both is more Guardian style. Helping in game on a level 10 or under twink in Forest Haven is what you want to be seen doing if you're looking to be an Ambassador, tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle:508056
    Quote Originally Posted by zuesmirza View Post

Helping both is more Guardian style. Helping in game on a level 10 or under twink in Forest Haven is what you want to be seen doing if you're looking to be an Ambassador, tbh.
    Ummm.. So if sum1 asks for help I should tell him:

Lets first go to forest heaven.. :-D
    Or
    Wait let me get my lvl 10 twink then I will answer your querry or help you.

LMAO..

Well I'm not any attention seeker. I just help ppl coz I know how I felt when I was stuck at sum place nd no1 helped me out and the times when sum good old fellow players helped me out and coz I like to help..

Bt making a lvl 10 twink with snowball launcher and naming it "xyzhelper" and forcing ppl to ask for help sounds crazy.

Only ppl searching for a repo will do this stuff..

Ummm... maybe you guys need a new system.

Well I have just expressed my views dnt want any flame fight and if any of my words offended any1 related to this thread or AOA then I'm really sorry..

Had these questions and views in my mind for a long time bt did nt really cared much abt posting it, saw this post and your great answers so could'nt resist myself..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

No worries.

I think what people don't get about AoA is that we don't have to be on our AoA characters to be fulfilling our AoA "duties," which aren't really duties in the first place because we were doing those things long before we were appointed to be AoA.

AoA =/= Lvl 10 or below twink who spams "N e 1 haz ?" in Forest Haven or goes out of their way to help people.

AoA = Players in the community recognized by STS to be helpful and as such, STS has asked us to be present and well known in game to be of extra assistance to any player who might be in need of some help.

-------AEO-------

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Think of it like this. AoA and GoA are like sister programs. As of right now, it seems to be that GoA/SG program is dead or put on hold.

Take a look around, people who should be GoA/SG IMO are becoming AoAs. It's not a bad thing, but I don't think it's quite a proper way to reward them for their sagely wisdom on the forums.

As for becoming AoA, honestly, even though I hate to say it, all you need to do is become friends with many AoA members, set a good image around them that you are helpful and you will be good to go. Now, I'm not saying that people do this, but the way the application system is set up, it can be heavily abused in this manner. All it takes is a little charisma, insight, manners, and good behavior. Charisma is the most important part because if you aren't really deemed well by the AoA committee, you are likely not going to get in.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    As for becoming AoA, honestly, even though I hate to say it, all you need to do is become friends with many AoA members, set a good image around them that you are helpful and you will be good to go.

Ohh...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Well done to the OP for offering their services to help newer players. Just do what has been suggested above and help try to integrate the newer players into the game. Necro's advice is spot on. Don't just stand around advertising ur helping, actively go looking for opportunities to assist, but always remember not everyone actually wants assistance, and be understanding of more experienced players who don't want their gaming experience ruined by chat box spammers. Don't worry about not being noticed as just by posting here and PMing Pandar I suspect STS will be watching you over the next few weeks/months. Thanks again.

Most definately don't want to derail the original posters thread but what you have said Apollo really isn't needed in this thread and also isn't helpful for the understanding and clarity of newer member on the forums, as it isn't a balanced view of the facts.
    Think of it like this. AoA and GoA are like sister programs. As of right now, it seems to be that GoA/SG program is dead or put on hold.

Take a look around, people who should be GoA/SG IMO are becoming AoAs. It's not a bad thing, but I don't think it's quite a proper way to reward them for their sagely wisdom on the forum.
    Could you post where on the forums STS have announced the GoA/SG is dead or is this just your personal opinion? This debate has been run soooooo many times. My view is the COMMUNITY has put both on hold by all the controversial and often childish debates, and until an amazing candidate reveals themselves there simplY wont be any further announcements, as STS now have to be very very selective. The GoA and AoA programmes are totally different, but only my view.

As for becoming AoA, honestly, even though I hate to say it, all you need to do is become friends with many AoA members, set a good image around them that you are helpful and you will be good to go. Now, I'm not saying that people do this, but the way the application system is set up, it can be heavily abused in this manner. All it takes is a little charisma, insight, manners, and good behavior. Charisma is the most important part because if you aren't really deemed well by the AoA committee, you are likely not going to get in.
    I unfortunately have to agree with ya, the AoA programme needs to be very careful with its selection process, but also the candidates need to be very patient and understanding that selection won't be an overnight thing and that STS will probably take weeks or even months to select appropriate candidates.

I def don't wanna detract from the OP so any further GoA debate should be on an alternate thread. My comments are to ensure balance only. As always feel free to PM me if you think I need pointing in the right direction.
    Last edited by Redbridge; 12-11-2011 at 03:14 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redbridge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Gonna say the EXACT truth to you, and yes it is painful, but I'm gonna be nice and tell you the full length.

1. Do NOT ask for AoA. You will NEVER or have a very low chance if you ask for it.

2. If you're thinking about a reward, walking around with a Party Hat with people mobbing you everywhere is not what reward means. This is not our reward, this is our job. Besides, you should not even be thinking about a reward.

Anyways, best of luck in getting noticed. And remember, threads like these get you anti-noticed.
    Notice how no one who makes a thread on becoming a GoA ever gets in.
    Hint hint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

The only thing similar with GoA and AoA are the terms for getting picked. GoA isn't a job at all and we don't have to do a thing after getting the status. AoA's help new players go the right direction.

GoA = no further duties
    AoA = living starter guides

GoA's are just people rewarded for good deeds with a vanity shield. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Everyone assumes that GoA's have to be like Alterra police and have to be active after receiving one, as if their only role in life afterward is to dedicate themselves to the game. It's really annoying.

If you're asking for a role, it's pretty apparent that you want the perks more than anything else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I think to be fair to the OP, they are just asking how to be considered. There isn't any public info around on how to be considered as it is just being finalised, so personally i'd like to praise people for putting themselves forward, but communicate the obvious concerns that would arise.

I think we should welcome with open arms all offers of help but on the understanding that all that can be guaranteed is that STS will monitor their chat logs over the next few weeks/months to assess their suitability.

Also for info, it has been discussed (privately) in great length that new additions to the AoA programme may well be unlikely to get any rewards/vanities to start off with, so there may well be no immediate gain to being accepted.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redbridge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    How does someone get into aoa? I know that they need to be reccomended by a dev or a current member, but I want to know how most people get in. I made a guy locked on lvl 1 this week for helping newbies, and I would like to be able to have him in aoa... I understand that you probably cant just let me in, but I would like to at least know how everything works

Btw the helper I made is named Applehelper
    I'm not in AoA so I don't know the "ins" to get into the program but I will say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking how everything works and being preemptive about having a low level character. Kind, courteous, patient, and giving your best effort, cultivate these things and demonstrate them and something will come of it. If not AoA then plenty of new players who will appreciate what you are doing

Edit: Redbridge you ninja, you!~ (taking the words right out of my mouth)
    Last edited by Roc; 12-11-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Roc For This Useful Post: