Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What's your conclusion???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@Crim I selectively left it out because it is simply not there. Yes everyone might claim they are open to it, but when an idea presents itself what happens? "no that dea doesn't work because everyone worked HARD (key word) to get those vanities. It wouldn't be right to make them easier to acquire. It isn't fair now" Yup darn right it's not fair.

Btw, it is really hard to rob a bank. It isn't fair to those who lose their money. Now is it?

Jay, thats exactly where you are wrong. Just the other day my bro with full vanity set said he was disgusted with the vanities. He also claimed it had a "huuuuuge advantage over everyone." yes he does pvp alot. Only reason he got vanity is cause he knows you gotta get it or you are screwed.

You guys can keep arguing with me. I can do this forever. I firmly believe the facts support my side. Mark my words one day a solution will be made. The devs aren't stupid. They see it as easily as I do. This is simply not right.

~MM

Edit: btw I was not at all referring to everyone's opinions as crap. That was MY bad. (im not very good at clarity as you can tell) I was simply referring to the messed up pvp system. But that's an argument for another thread...
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 01-05-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Jay, thats exactly where you are wrong. Just the other day my bro with full vanity set said he was disgusted with the vanities. He also claimed it had a "huuuuuge advantage over everyone." yes he does pvp alot. Only reason he got vanity is cause he knows you gotta get it or you are screwed.
    You said yourself that everyone that defended the vanity were the ones who have them. Now you say your 'bro' says the contrary.

But yeah, I agree with you on 1 thing, this discussion can go on forever. I sincerely hope devs do find a way to implement a way for newer people to get these vanities, so that discussions like these can die peacefully.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    But yeah, I agree with you on 1 thing, this discussion can go on forever. I sincerely hope devs do find a way to implement a way for newer people to get these vanities, so that discussions like these can die peacefully.
    new ppl just need to collect vantiys of each elite level cap like we all did before, and the ones we have already are really deserved for the plat/time we payed.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

As mentioned in WhoIsThis' thread a while back, if it bothers you so much, make your own games and require anyone who enters to take off his/her vanities if they have any. You DO have the ability to control pvp to your liking.

Oh and so you know, some individuals are using the Founder's Helm instead of the third vanity because 5 dmg/5armor is more beneficial than 1 crit, 5 health, 4 armor. Can I complain when I face the few that have the 5 extra damage that I don't have? I can BUT I don't because I CHOOSE to find a way to beat them and not let some stats get in my way.

Same idea as when I twink and I see the Founder's Helm... I can either find a way around it or quit. Just saying.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@Jay, it might look like a contradiction but it's not. You actually made a logical fallacy. I said "everyone against making it fair has the vanities." That does not mean that everyone who has the vanities is against making it fair. See the difference?

@Crim, why do you keep pointing at me and saying I'm complaining? This thread's not about me. Go read my thread again. I am not complaining. I decided to man up. I also decided to logically discuss a way to make everything, MAINLY (key word) for the newbies.

As far as I can see, no one has logically proven why my idea should not be implemented.

~MM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

As far as I can see, no one has logically proven why my idea should not be implemented.
    As far as I can see, nobody has logically proven why your idea should be implemented either. But I'm sure you see it differently.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I give up. You are taking things too personally.

However, I will tell you why implementing pvp based vanities is not a good idea:

1. Rudeness and rushing is already prevalent. These vanities will only lead to people joining games, quickly killing everyone in sight, then leaving and finding the next game. All so that they can improve kdr, kill count, etc.

2. It is already known that private pvp games are made so people can boost their kills. I PROMISE you, the moment pvp stat based vanities are implemented you will see a dramamtic increase in private games so pwoplw can boost kills. Think I am wrong? Who would have thought people would spend hundreds to get on the current LB's? Exactly.

3. You speak of the unfair advantage of the current vanities due to time spent in game. What about those who have pvped for over a year vs. those beginning or the casual player. Kani alone has 50-60k more kills than most people. Are you gonna ask for the veterans to have their kills wiped? I think not. And these individuals would be immediately entitled to the top vanities.

Am I on the same page now? Do the vanities you want to see implemented seem fair now?
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #68
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

Thade had a pretty good comment about PvP rewards in this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post529831

Quote Originally Posted by Thade View Post
    Hey all,

I'm now working on a 1 v 1 map for PL.

About PvP rewards. Rewards for PvP are something I'd really like to see in the future once the PvP experience is consistent. Features like PvP matches only starting once preconditions are met (Both teams are full) are key to making PvP a more reliably enjoyable experience. Right now, as you all know PvP can at times be fun or not based on all parties involved playing by the "rules". Until PvP matches have that structure built in, I don't think we can reward players for PvPing well.
    We know that there needs to be more (like a matchmaking system, even start to address rushing) to go in to make things more fair to then implement PvP rewards.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@Jaytb, i was assuming the problems lack of a solution was enough to push my idea forward, however you make an excellent point.

@Crim, too personally? O.O no man I'm not taking it personally If I come across in any wrong way, just please ignore it. It's probably from internet not being able to display tone of voice and such. I told ya, I don't get offended easily

Anyways, you also made some excellent points however, as I stated before people like Kanital would not have any insane advantage for 2 reasons.

1. Remember the vanity bonus in pvp will be=to that of the pve bonus. Even if Kanital starts out with full set, he can only get so much of an advantage. (the advantage which everyone says "skill" can overcome remember? Not that I agree.) Either way the main concept exists that everyone has a shot at getting the vanities. That is the main reason I made this thread.

2. Even if the idea for the sets switching over from pve to pvp is not implemented, people like kanital would still not have any advantage. It would be a "starting now" kind of thing (as I told Xazic) In other words, right as this is implemented, everyone must achieve the same X ammount of kills added onto their already existing kills. Same for the other ideas I threw out. So if Kanital has 71k and the x ammount is 5k he would need 76k. Where as I have 2.7k I would need 7.7k. Make sense?

@Samhayne thanks Sam I'll read up on that thread in the morning!
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 01-05-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Crim and jay just read my post
    Iprotectnoobs (65) Iprotectnoob (65) Meprotectnoob (65) Akpop (35) Akpopone (35) Akpoptwo (30) Akpopthree (35) Akpoppvp (31) Akpopshank (30) Akpopmoob (26) Akpopsmack (25) Akpopshoot (25)

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I got a degree, that I paid for out of pocket. I studied and sacrficed a lot for it. Now I got the job you wanted. You did not put in hours or obtain credits. You complain about my degree putting me ahead of you. you want to strip me of the degree and gove me your alternative to make the job hunt fair.

How about get on my level? How about spend money on plat, grind for hours, get a piece of the vanity. Then when the new update comes repeat. Get a second piece, have a bonus of your own.
    A player that starts today can get it, just play for hours and spend money. Simple right?
    Man up. Dont try to delegate and implement something that strips me and benefits you. How selfish and lazy can you be?
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@AbsolutePally, first of all calm down. You're flaming this thread and I really don't want it locked.

Second of all I'm gonna show you an analogy of your thinking process:

"I spent tons of money out if my own pocket to organize a team of men to go rob this neighborhood. It took us about a month to accomplish the whole thing. I made 245,000 dollars after that whole effort and now you're complaining because you don't have a job? You want a job so you can make that money? How selfish can you be? If you want money get off your butt and get a team to rob another neighborhood."

Just because you spent alot of time effort and money does not make it right. I can see by your thinking process that you are very conservative and I am as well. However, As long as we are relating it to real life atm let me just say that in real life everyone has a chance at being a Bill Gates, so to speak.

Also this is a game. Your bonus may be entitled to pve, but in pvp you can see in any other game out there you enter pvp on a completely level playing field. Pvp has always been balanced no matter what game you play.

Also calling me I believe it was "lazy and selfish" just isn't right. On top of that you missed the point again. I don't give a crap about myself. If I'm screwed, fine I'll deal with it. I'm only concerned about the next generations. People WILL quit Pl when hitting level cap just for this reason.

Perhaps we should quit this discussion altogether. I feel like people are taking it way too seriously. On top of that I'm not sure if too many people like me now :\

~MM

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I kinda agree that it takes way less time to level with plat and elixirs. I have 50k xp now. I NEVER got a 4x combo. If I did, I could've got 200k xp in that time. I like the ideas of pvp rewards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I love this idea
    And there should be a limit though...Like a Kill cap but ur kills keeps going up but u wont get any Vanity untill the next rise
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

@AbsolutePally, first of all calm down. You're flaming this thread and I really don't want it locked.

Second of all I'm gonna show you an analogy of your thinking process:

"I spent tons of money out if my own pocket to organize a team of men to go rob this neighborhood. It took us about a month to accomplish the whole thing. I made 245,000 dollars after that whole effort and now you're complaining because you don't have a job? You want a job so you can make that money? How selfish can you be? If you want money get off your butt and get a team to rob another neighborhood."

Just because you spent alot of time effort and money does not make it right. I can see by your thinking process that you are very conservative and I am as well. However, As long as we are relating it to real life atm let me just say that in real life everyone has a chance at being a Bill Gates, so to speak.

Also this is a game. Your bonus may be entitled to pve, but in pvp you can see in any other game out there you enter pvp on a completely level playing field. Pvp has always been balanced no matter what game you play.

Also calling me I believe it was "lazy and selfish" just isn't right. On top of that you missed the point again. I don't give a crap about myself. If I'm screwed, fine I'll deal with it. I'm only concerned about the next generations. People WILL quit Pl when hitting level cap just for this reason.

Perhaps we should quit this discussion altogether. I feel like people are taking it way too seriously. On top of that I'm not sure if too many people like me now :\

~MM
    I did not direct my post to anyone in particular. Hence I did not quote you, so who Is taking it personal?
    And comparing to a crime, a dangerous one, only shows how you personally feel. Feelings of unfairness and criminal activity, are you saying that people who buy plat and are hardcore are criminals?
    And I am fairly far left, so your assumption of my conservative nature is incorrect.

Will you give me 4000 plat? I mean since that is how much I have used to obtain these items. Devs offered em so I got em. Would you really want to refund me that money I spent? How about the time. For me and thousands of others. If not than please do not suggest anything of the sort.

Bit I will agree that this should not be discussed, it,has been delivered and debated countless ways. lik I said I am all for NEW people getting something, maybe pay plat to be able to start the quest that opens your experience meter to 100+k.
    But there is NO way I would be cool with free ways to get it. Pvp kills for an item I spent a couple hundred on? Gimme a break. Sounds like a scam.
    Last edited by AbsolutePally; 01-06-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Im gonna ignore the first part of your post because you are clearly not listening to me. I'm not calling you a criminal. I was using an analogy to prove the point that hard work/spending money doesn't make it right.

Also, I'm going to say what the devs always say. Spending platinum was your choice. You could have grinded to the top without it. So no I'm not refunding you 4,000 plat because you don't deserve a refund. The only "refund" to be deserved is time. Which is why I said those who already acquired the vanities automatically recieve the pvp vanity set for free.

Ok, what it sounds like you want is a way for noobs to spend platinum and a lot of time to get the vanities just like you did. (that makes it "fair" right?) Once again. The platinum was your choice. I know TONS of people who grinded to the top without 4,000 platinum. The only thing that noobs should have to go through is alot of time. My idea easily allows for alot of time.

What am I missing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

This argument is old.

If you weren't around for the item (founders helm), or try for the level caps (56, 61, 66 vanity items), then so be it. That time has passed. Accept it, and move on. I'm pretty sure the next cap will bring an updated help, or another vanity piece to replace whats out there now. Stop complaining on the forums. PM the devs.

If you have the items, and use them in pvp, don't brag about skill. Obviously, you feel the need to have extra stats to compensate for something else.

I like the idea suggested above. Eliminate the bonus stats on all vanities in the pvp and ctf areas. Then only gear and skill seperate the players.

That would solve the problems. However, it was pointed out that then people wouldn't spend the plat to rush for cap vanity. If that's true, then again, complain to the devs. It's their business model allowing such an blatanant abuse of this advantage. If I have an advantage, I'm using it. If you didn't work for the advantage, or weren't around for it. Suck it up. No one here can do anything but the devs. Again, PM them.

Rant over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Well good luck! And get well soon.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Ok guys ok I will stop tryina argue, obviously no one's listening anyways...thanks for taking the time to comment and share your thoughts I appreciate it.

@Nomad you make excellant points, cheers mate. (btw I hope you weren't referring to me complaining. I hate it when people call me a complainer because it puts focus on "me me me" and that is certainly NOT what this thread is all about)

One last @AbsolutePally LOL
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 01-07-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:533118
    Ok guys ok I will stop tryina argue, obviously no one's listening anyways...thanks for taking the time to comment and share your thoughts I appreciate it.

@Nomad you make excellant points, cheers mate. (btw I hope you weren't referring to me complaining. I hate it when people call me a complainer because it puts focus on "me me me" and that is certainly NOT what this thread is all about)

One last @AbsolutePally LOL
    Not referring to you. It's meant to everyone complaining. The argument/discussion is old.