Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sts please fix lag

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsofjane View Post
    @crimson- is it possible that the increase of lag complaints may actually be problems with true lag? I would have thought the same as u if i had not been experiencing the same, and yes lag will cause you to die and not kill. So its VERY possible they are being truthful, and since you dont know for sure, then you should take their word for it and not assume.

I would never complain like this to sts if I didn't have many many others telling they have had the same problem over the last several weeks. I am well aware it could be my connection, but as I have tested my own connection, it hasn't changed. To say its so impossible that more players and more games isn't lagging the one server seems illogical. Now that you know that my connection is the same and others say they only started lagging in the last couple weeks stop telling me that it is just my connection.

Frankly I thought letting them know what was going on on the players side would be valuable. But what do I know about pvp?
    I wasn't just speaking to you nor was I telling you it was "just your connection". I pvp just as much as others do as I spend a lot of time twinking and not just at end game and I can tell you two things: (1) I hear very few people complain of lag, and (2) the majority of the time when individuals do complain, it is ONLY when they lose. I cannot count the times I have 1v1 someone and the only time I hear "lag" is when they lose. It is a very common "excuse" and those regular to the pvp arena will agree. If you have just read what I said, I am stating this as a general statement and not directing solely at you.

And another thing, just because your connection strength is strong, it does not mean your internet is running smoothly or properly. Other factors can weigh in on your connection as I know I have to battle phone calls, my children on the internet, my wife using her iPad, text messages to my phone, etc. The purpose of my first post was simply to state that there are other factors in play and not solely the fault of STS (which is the basis of your thread.) I will point out again that I do not average "perfect" ping and know several well-known pvpers whom have had "lag" since I have known them. They have learned to adapt and deal with the situation.

Remember that when you make a public thread, you are opening the door for others to read and give feedback. If you are going to get upset, or offended, by the feedback or get answers you don't want to hear, then it is best you send your complaints in a private message to STS.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post: