Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sts please fix lag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default Sts please fix lag

Lag has become increasingly worse. It started about a month ago. It is now unbearable to play the game. I used to average 68-100. Now the lag spikes go from 150-700 at any point in a pvp game usually 15 times a game. Everyone I spoke too is experiencing the same. Many pvp players have stopped playing until lag is reduced, and I am at that point as well. It has even interfered with the tourney. Please help make our game playable again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

150-700 unplayable? LOLOLO
    Don't even make people angry. My whole pl career i pvped at endgame with 500-1000 ping, and never hard green even once.

There plenty of others who have constant red.

Saying that 150-700 is unplayble is just ridiculous to me.

You are spoiled.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

lagg has increased alot i would say as more people play the game an there Internet isnt very strong therefore making Lagg unless its the server We share With SL.

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

500 is a half a second, and is very good. Game should play fine up to 1000.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Half a second means a death in my games. People start "teleporting" at 300.... I guess I should Just get used to seeing people disappear and reappear.
    Last edited by Jewelsofjane; 01-06-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsofjane:532799
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Half a second means a death in my games. But thx anyways
    L2PvP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I don't experience any lag on my tablet in PvP. I doubt this is a problem on STS end.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

At least 10 other players have said they have experienced increased lag in the last several weeks. We have all started actually lagging out of games and it certainly makes its tough with a tourney going on.

I can't help but wonder if the increase of lag is due to strain of yet another game (dl) on one server.
    Last edited by Jewelsofjane; 01-06-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Lol check your internet princess (STS Y U NO FIX HER LAG PROBLEM!!!!!!) I swar... Irresponsible P.s. Jk Jk
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Sometimes ping is like 100 but it freezes whenever someone joins or respawns in pvp...

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Piosidon For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

You do realize it could also be due to changes in your ISP, device, modem, and many other factors. To simply say this has something to do with STS and their servers is a bit pushing it. I hqve always averaged 150-300 and if I do have consistant spikes of over 300, I simply reset my router and/or phone and I am back in business.

I also know alot of individuals who pvp and have ALWAYS dealt with "lag" and have always dealt with it. To be honest, the amount of people is growing who ONLY have "lag" when they lose and it is becoming quite comical. Almost like a slap in the face to us casual pvpers in saying that we can only win due to "lag".
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I agree with CrimsonTider to an extent, though I have to say I believe ping has been getting worse recently. Could just be a coincidence of course but the more people we find to agree, the more support for this theory.

@JustG what are you smoking? Half a second=sudden death. 1,000 ping=SUDDEN DEATH. Lol see the difference? (just messin around of course) still I can't say I'm with you on that one JustG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Yesterday my ping spiked up to 51k but I belive I have poor 3G service. Maybe you could use a different internet connection?
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

@crimson- is it possible that the increase of lag complaints may actually be problems with true lag? I would have thought the same as u if i had not been experiencing the same, and yes lag will cause you to die and not kill. So its VERY possible they are being truthful, and since you dont know for sure, then you should take their word for it and not assume.

I would never complain like this to sts if I didn't have many many others telling they have had the same problem over the last several weeks. I am well aware it could be my connection, but as I have tested my own connection, it hasn't changed. To say its so impossible that more players and more games isn't lagging the one server seems illogical. Now that you know that my connection is the same and others say they only started lagging in the last couple weeks stop telling me that it is just my connection.

Frankly I thought letting them know what was going on on the players side would be valuable. But what do I know about pvp?
    Last edited by Jewelsofjane; 01-06-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsofjane View Post
    @crimson- is it possible that the increase of lag complaints may actually be problems with true lag? I would have thought the same as u if i had not been experiencing the same, and yes lag will cause you to die and not kill. So its VERY possible they are being truthful, and since you dont know for sure, then you should take their word for it and not assume.

I would never complain like this to sts if I didn't have many many others telling they have had the same problem over the last several weeks. I am well aware it could be my connection, but as I have tested my own connection, it hasn't changed. To say its so impossible that more players and more games isn't lagging the one server seems illogical. Now that you know that my connection is the same and others say they only started lagging in the last couple weeks stop telling me that it is just my connection.

Frankly I thought letting them know what was going on on the players side would be valuable. But what do I know about pvp?
    I wasn't just speaking to you nor was I telling you it was "just your connection". I pvp just as much as others do as I spend a lot of time twinking and not just at end game and I can tell you two things: (1) I hear very few people complain of lag, and (2) the majority of the time when individuals do complain, it is ONLY when they lose. I cannot count the times I have 1v1 someone and the only time I hear "lag" is when they lose. It is a very common "excuse" and those regular to the pvp arena will agree. If you have just read what I said, I am stating this as a general statement and not directing solely at you.

And another thing, just because your connection strength is strong, it does not mean your internet is running smoothly or properly. Other factors can weigh in on your connection as I know I have to battle phone calls, my children on the internet, my wife using her iPad, text messages to my phone, etc. The purpose of my first post was simply to state that there are other factors in play and not solely the fault of STS (which is the basis of your thread.) I will point out again that I do not average "perfect" ping and know several well-known pvpers whom have had "lag" since I have known them. They have learned to adapt and deal with the situation.

Remember that when you make a public thread, you are opening the door for others to read and give feedback. If you are going to get upset, or offended, by the feedback or get answers you don't want to hear, then it is best you send your complaints in a private message to STS.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@Crimson, i don't think he meant any offense bro. I think he was just saying the same as I said, that more and more people having lag should be evidence of a laggy server. As I can see you definitely disagree that there's been a laggy server lately so obviously there's some kind of problem.

I also wanted to let you know that not everyone complains of lag just when they lose. I have "complained" of lag when I win and have seen others do the same. Granted you make a good point about alot of players complaining of lag when they lose. That's where you gotta realize whos honest and whos not. If i hears you complain of lag while losing, i would believe you, versus if I hear "penealgavern" complain of lag when he loses I would be less inclined to listen.

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

There are many, many factors involved in connecting you device, where you are at in the world, to the game server (hosted on Amazon's EC2 cloud service). You might check this article http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...-what-can-i-do
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

@crimson- I didn't take any offense. I know other things can affect my connection, but again I only came after so many are having increasing problems.

Most people who pvp don't even post on the forum so my one voice is pointless. Thx Sam for the link. Although I have already done those things and nothing has changed in my atmosphere, and players who didn't complain 4 weeks ago about lag are still complaining to me about it, I guess we will just adapt. I asked around last night. Several people said it started when winter fest started. Maybe it's the snow idk, but thx anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

So you say 300 ping will kill you...

It's just an excuse.

I ctfed for my whole pl career with 500(on good days) - 1000 ping...ALWAYS, and i was invited multiple times by different members to join Revelation.

I was a dex bird btw-means it's a matter of second before you die or kill.

Lag isn't gonna destroy your pvp experience unless it's 1500-3000k constant ping.

Enough said.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    So you say 300 ping will kill you...

It's just an excuse.

I ctfed for my whole pl career with 500(on good days) - 1000 ping...ALWAYS, and i was invited multiple times by different members to join Revelation.

I was a dex bird btw-means it's a matter of second before you die or kill.

Lag isn't gonna destroy your pvp experience unless it's 1500-3000k constant ping.

Enough said.
    For me personally, part of it is how used to it you are. You adapt to your ping. For example. I was on my droid, and I was experiencing frames skipping. I was struggling to PvP with it since I wasn't used to it. Yet, Amyxrose experiences it all the time, and is still a great PvPer. She said she just learned to live with it. If you are used to your screen jumping, or your ping being higher, you work around it. You find ways to get over the obstacle of having it, and learn how to play with it, as opposed to someone who just had that obstacle set in front of them and is yet to try and work with it and adapt to that way of playing.