Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Patch Coming This Week and Changes to Mount Fang Boss Gauntlet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Players generally expect the bosses drop all of their loot, however they don't in the Boss Gauntlets. These gauntlets were intended as quick ways for players to hone their skills for the boss. If you want a chance at the full loot, you need to fight in through the full zone to get to the boss and take them down there.
    If only this were completely true...

Sam, I like this change. Personally I don't like Boss Gauntlets anyway. They make it so the gear becomes trash. Up until the FH revamp, they all DID drop the same loot as their counterparts in the level maps. I recall Cinco saying in chat that he never wanted to make the Bayou Boss Brawl but the players were so vocal that he did, in the end, and still regretted it. Even worse, they responded to whining about Swamps being difficult by first making an easier campaign that had the same loot as the Swamps (with different names), and then by nerfing the Swamps. At that time STS was in learning mode and they were crowd-sourcing by letting the people who post on the boards partly guide their decisions. If they were more hard-nosed, trusted their own judgement, like they are now, these greed zones would never have been made. And now the program is just so huge that map sections have to be recycled in order to create new zones. So I agree that the best way to reduce the excessive pink farming (so excessive that all but one set of pinks is desired and every other drop is called garbage) is to put a price on these zones.

But I would be happier to see them tossed out to make room for the kind of content the designers envision... the kind we see in SL where, incidentally, there are no boss gauntlets.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post: