Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: resetting skill bug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default resetting skill bug

hi, I just created a new character (bear), started the tutorial, killed 3-4 skeletons and reached level 2. upon reaching level 2, I was given my first skill. since I preferred not to invest into this skill at all, I used the skill reset option which cost me 2 platinum. then as the tutorial proceeded, it asked me to click on the new skill, and I noticed the new skill is back to 1 pt instead of 0 after the reset. I had to spend another 2 platinum to redo the reset.

please address this tutorial bug and refund me my 2 platinum. 2 platinum doesn't seem like a lot but it is a matter of principle as it wasnt spent but lost via a bug.

suggestion: to keep the 1st skill point instead of investing it without player input. it shouldn't be made mandatory to waste 1 skill on something you might not want pending on your character build choice. thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

You gotta skip the tutorial :\ if skipped it will let you pick your skills 1 by1

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Maybe auto leveling is still on?
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    You gotta skip the tutorial :\ if skipped it will let you pick your skills 1 by1
    I didn't know abt that. but the tutorial is a legitimate part of the gameplay, albeit an optional one, so it shouldn't interfere with the skill reset option. what I had encountered is rightly a bug and should be addressed to prevent others from following my footsteps and losing their 2 platinum.

thanks for your advice, it's greatly appreciated

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

The game has an auto-leveling feature that needs to be turned off.

This issue isn't a bug and, as such, we cannot help you directly in this forum with an issue regarding it. If you feel the platinum is a large enough issue you are more than welcome to talk to our customer support team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSL View Post
    The game has an auto-leveling feature that needs to be turned off.

This issue isn't a bug and, as such, we cannot help you directly in this forum with an issue regarding it. If you feel the platinum is a large enough issue you are more than welcome to talk to our customer support team.
    hi, i'm not sure I understand what you mean by auto leveling feature. if you mean you level up when you reach an experience threshold, it makes perfect sense that it is not a bug. but if you read my initial post carefully, upon leveling up, I gained my first new skill in the tutorial. at that time I didn't know skipping the tutorial would prevent them from allocating the first skill pointing my behalf. I spent 2 platinum to take out that skill point and conserved it. immediately after that, the tutorial assumed I still had that point in my first skill which I deallocated. as such, it didn't check my existing skill status and based on that assumption, put that 1 skill point right back in. I'm a programmer myself and to me, this definitely looks like a bug regardless of what you meant by auto leveling feature.

is auto leveling supposed to do what I just described? if not, this issue should be plugged to prevent other innocent players from losing platinum for the same reasons. thanks for your understanding.

lastly, how do I turn off this auto leveling feature?
    Last edited by yfwong; 01-10-2012 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Auto leveling is enabled into each new character. It will auto level you (spend skill/state points for you even it you reset them) each time you level up. This is in the main screen (avatar window), it says "auto level". Once you disable it you can't get it back.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

As I said, I was not auto-leveling. I don't like auto-leveling and I assigned all my own skills and stats. The only thing I noticed is that maybe the 1st skill was assigned and mapped. I 'm pretty sure, but I'll confirm next time I remake a char, unless it gets fixed.

Star light, star bright...

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yfwong View Post
    hi, I just created a new character (bear), started the tutorial, killed 3-4 skeletons and reached level 2. upon reaching level 2, I was given my first skill. since I preferred not to invest into this skill at all, I used the skill reset option which cost me 2 platinum. then as the tutorial proceeded, it asked me to click on the new skill, and I noticed the new skill is back to 1 pt instead of 0 after the reset. I had to spend another 2 platinum to redo the reset.

please address this tutorial bug and refund me my 2 platinum. 2 platinum doesn't seem like a lot but it is a matter of principle as it wasnt spent but lost via a bug.

suggestion: to keep the 1st skill point instead of investing it without player input. it shouldn't be made mandatory to waste 1 skill on something you might not want pending on your character build choice. thanks.
    To clarify; is the issue that you are forced to choose a skill in the tutorial and that you don't want to do that?