Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
I'm with Javier on this one. Having people with same display names, and only a unique identifier when in trade or checking out their avatar page would lead to confusion IMO. If someone is being extremely rude in public chat, people are not going to always check out or even remember that unique ID. If someone starts to scam or starts to be rude with a specific name, other innocent people, with the same name, would be frowned upon. The names ARE the unique identifiers in the game and should stay that way IMO.
I understand your feedback. not saying that the alternative is fantastic. just trying to suggest something to ease the headache of coming up with names. btw, there are buttons when you look at another's profile where you can report that other person, so confusion between characters of the same name is quite minimal and unlikely.

I guess too many mmorpg that uses names as unique id and people getting used to it as a result, until you are on the receiving end of the character naming process. I'm just hoping there are creative alternatives to overcome this issue!