Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can you conquer death: Voleria Edition - Part II: Official Schedule

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Default Can you conquer death: Voleria Edition - Part II: Official Schedule

Hey guys

Sorry for the wait, but I have composed a rough schedule for the contest. I am still waiting to hear from the following teams:

Team 8 - Captain: Kanozaki

Team 14 - Captain: Trixie

I have uploaded the schedule to google docs and made the link public. If it worked out correctly, you should be able to view the schedule in excel and I will be able to change it and have it update. I will also be posting the schedule here as just text as a quick reference.

All times are in -5 GMT time. That is USA Eastern Coast (EST) time. Please calculate accordingly.

If your team is fine with the time you've been assigned, please reply here in this thread and I'll assign judges to your time.

I will update this thread when I have more time.

Click the link for the schedule -----> Official Schedule <-----

Refreshing the Rules
    • You run all 5 maps, in order, clearing the first 4 in entirety and the last map until 1 enemy remains (the boss)
    • Maps begin with all contestants standing on a designated point. Contestants will not begin until judges say "go," during which time will start.
    • The clock stops when a level is completed, and starts up again at the start of the next map. You have time between maps to go buy stims/use the bathroom, etc.
    • Deaths add 30 seconds to your overall time.
    • NO PLAT RESPAWNS. You will be penalized if you do. Flip has also said that he will check the logs and can tell if people used plat to spawn, so don't do it.
    • NO ELIXIRS. You will be disqualified from the contest if you use any kind of elixir.
    • Do not ask the judges for your times or death counts. They will not be released until after all teams have gone.
    • If you disconnect, please take a screenshot of your ping or the disconnect message. If you do not have proof, we will be forced to penalize you for leaving early. We will also consult with Flip on the matter.
    • The same 3 who start the contest must finish the contest.
    • If you feel a teammate has disconnected, shout it out to the judges. I recommend making a quick chat for it. Currently engaged mobs must be killed and then time will be stopped. Judges investigate, and then time and play will resume on the judges "go."

Anything else? Ask the judges before the run!

Judge Info
    • Before each map, answer any questions the contestants have
    • Explain the rules again if you feel it is necessary
    • Have contestants stand on a single spot before beginning, which can be found at the bottom of this page
    • Check if all 3 contestants are ready to begin. Get a verbal confirmation
    • Make sure your judging partner is ready to begin
    • Give a "ready...set..." followed by another message of "Go!" signaling the contestants to start
    • Stay at the beginning of the map to avoid interfering with the run, and to check to plat respawns
    • Do note that after a while, checkpoints are reached and characters will no longer spawn at the start of the map should the engineer also be dead
    • Do not inform the contestants of their current time, current amount of deaths, times of another team, or if they've missed an enemy.
    • Try not to type as it blocks the HP bars. Missing a death could be the deciding factor of the contest, so please pay attention.
    • If you have a laptop/computer, I'd advise you to use Chrome to play for the larger screen. A tablet works just as well.
    • When recording time, I recommend this online stopwatch Flip showed me: http://tools.arantius.com/stopwatch Flip and I used it, it's wonderful. All you do is hit "remote" if you want the smaller version that can be moved around your computer screen. Start the clock when the map starts and stop it once the popup for the next map appears. Record the time, and here's the kicker - DON'T RESET. This clock will keep running time, as well as "lap time." Meaning although the main time keeps going up, it'll keep track of the time for that map as well.
    • Record map time, deaths, and any penalties from the map. Do so for each map separately. Please keep a written copy as well, should your internet crash. if you use my stopwatch, please take a screenshot of the 5 map times and save it as the team name and the date/time the run was scheduled. Send this file to me, as well as a hard copy.
    • Do not add death time in to the total time yet. I want raw time and total death counts. I will do the rest. Please make sure your watch calculates out to 3 milliseconds; 00:00:00:000, being hours:minutes:seconds:milliseconds.
    • On the 5th map, stop the time AS SOON AS 1 ENEMY IS LEFT. Do not forget this, and explain to the teams that they are not killing the last boss for the contest, but obviously can do so after if they so please.

Here are the start points for each map. All contestants start on top of each other:

Voleria Map 1:
    - by the tree.

Voleria Map 2:
    - on the biggest blood splatter

Voleria Map 3:
    - across from the rock, in front of the electric gate

Voleria Map 4:
    - on top of the first grate

Voleria Map 5:
    - on the corner where the 2 diagonal floor panels meet. Next to the enhancer guy.
    Last edited by Kahlua; 01-12-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Schedule updated/made things easier to read and find
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Kahlua, can you change our team' schedule to Saturday at 9 AM?
    My Guess is... 315!
    IGN : Silvast! Not Liem anymore..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Done.

Back to back time slots might be tough, I was trying to avoid that. So please try to be on time so we can start at 9am on the dot. Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Hey Bod, does this schedule works for you?

DL: Mia - lvl 31 | SL: Mia - lvl 48 - commando | Darling - lvl 51 - operative
    PL: Miafee - lvl 71 enchantress | Perimia - lvl 53 - enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ok ma'am kahlua, We're all in! cya all at Volaria!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kholiwen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Hey Bod, does this schedule works for you?
    I think you were right Mia - easier to get his attention on the public forum than in PM. lol!!! JUST KIDDIN BOD! You know we love ya!!! We will co-contest next time - stay Bodly!

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Hey guys if you haven't noticed, there is a chat feature on the google docs page with the schedule. If you click where it says "x other viewers" you can see a list of the anonymous viewers currently on the page, as well as my name. I believe if you have a gmail account and you log in, your username will show.

This is a live chat, but I believe you can also leave messages for others to see. Stop in and see if I'm there and leave me any questions you want, or post them here!

Judges: I need your schedules asap so I can assign yall to time slots! Let me know! I've put myself down on a few...I'll pick up the slack of what's left, but atleast try to take 1 or 2 if you can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

CONTEST STARTS TONIGHT!

Team 1 is scheduled to go first tonight at 7pm EST.
    Judges are myself and Flip.

I will make a post very soon here AND in SL General pertaining to the rules, regulations, and any last minute info

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I'm excited!!!

HELP!!! MY TEAM NEEDS A REPLACEMENT PLAYER!! COMMANDO, PLEASE! LVL 40/41 IF POSSIBLE! OUR SPOT IS 3PM EST ON FRIDAY, PLEASE HELP!!!

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Thanks for letting me special guest judge Kahlua! We judged the first round and they put in a really solid time, it was exciting to watch!
    QA Ninja!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Flip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

No problem Flip, it was great having you! Not being able to be killed or targeted was very helpful! Made for a smooth first run to break in the contest.

Update - Currently in the process of writing up the rules again for this page as well as a judging guide the judges will use. Uploading a few pictures now...stay tuned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Ok rules are refreshed, judge info posted, and starting position pictures uploaded.

tonights runs are:
    Team 13 at 5pm - Captain - Michaelpr
    Team 9 at 9pm - Captain - Taresfoo
    Team 4 at 11pm - Captain - Kizlodez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Second team began, completed the first of the five maps and half of the second when the sever update went off and we had to call it off. Like weather for sports teams, kinda... Lots of fun though, good luck too all, and thanks again to my fellow judges, things will smooth out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Is it full right now? Or no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Great to have you aboard, Flip, your oversight and expertise add a lot of clout to what this contest can mean. It also makes this a lot more interesting and exciting...

P.S. off topic... Are you working on dark legends?
    Last edited by Tameron; 01-18-2012 at 01:19 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Tameron For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tameron View Post
    Second team began, completed the first of the five maps and half of the second when the sever update went off and we had to call it off. Like weather for sports teams, kinda... Lots of fun though, good luck too all, and thanks again to my fellow judges, things will smooth out!

Did you continue after the update?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Just finished team 13 run it was alot of fun. It was good running with michaelpr and faararecab. The judges were great to. Good luck to everyone.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

3 teams completed! The runs are going great. Congratulations to all the teams who have completed this challenge. Simply finishing all 5 maps with only 3 people is an accomplishment in it's right.

As a side note, we could use some help with judging because as right now we still have some spots to fill.
    If any current members of SLH are willing to take more judging spots, please let me know. I wish I had a way to compensate you guys for your time, but I just don't have the wealth for contests and payroll

If I know you well enough and you're interested in either helping with the contest, or interested in being a part of SLH in general, please either PM me to be a guest judge or post an application in our guild thread if you'd like to join.

REMINDER

Judges: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not say ANYTHING regarding times of the run, missed mobs, times of previous teams, strategies of previous teams, or anything of that nature to ANYONE other than myself. I'd almost prefer you not even mention things to other SLH members, but I trust you guys enough to not jeopardize the fairness of this contest.

Also, I'd really prefer if all judges would remain at the start of the maps for the entire run. I know it's boring, but having to repeat a run because a judge lured an enemy off target by accident or triggered a mine is not fair to the team competing, and will only result in your shift lasting that much longer If the team running is willing to allow a judge to trail at the risk of having to restart a map, then by all means, trail away. Otherwise, put on those lead boots and wait by the start

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hiya. First off...thanks for putting this competition on its been alot of fun practicing and supporting other teams. However, i have an issue with the screen shot for disconnect...not all devices...like mine...are capable of taking screen shots. The problem being id be the most likely to dc from our team or have major ping issues....so what is your option if you cant take screen shots?