Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    Contest 1
    Enchantress:
    Silent Ninja Mage
    cid:33CC304E-8BD0-4C45-A29F-5648D78E5403/Picture%25201.png
    (Made from my Lego Sets( and a picture of MY mage)) (apparently photo doesn't work will try to upload it asap.
    Cost: 50 platinum
    Ability: plus 7 int, 1 dodge, 1 damage, 1 armor, and the ablility to turn invisible for 1.5 seconds when you slide your finger diagonally across the screen. Making an awesome affect and huge advantage in pvp.
    Contest 2:
    Avian:
    Swirl of Doom
    This would cause the avian to do a spinning attack.
    Range: 8m. Single damage.
    Damage: 80-102 increased in increments of 13 per skill point.
    Special: starting with a 40% increases 10% per skill point chance to knock back and lower hit% by 50%.
    Enchantress
    Sickness Slam
    Cause a green circle to appear around the caster.
    Range: 10m spread from point of cast.
    Damage: 50-75 increased in increments of 10 per skill point.
    Special: Poisons them for 5 seconds with a damage rate of 20 damage per second. Lasts an extra 2 seconds per skill point.
    Warrior
    Whirl Pool Wham
    Makes a blue circle that's spirals getting smaller.
    Range: Starts at 4m increases in increments of 2 per skill point reaching 16m.
    Damage: 0-0
    Special: Sucks them in in a circle getting closer and closer. While doing 50 damage per second. Spell lasts an extra half second per skill point.
    Contest 3
    Risk It For The Biscuit
    Recommended level 10,
    This is set in humungo tree!
    You need to defeat 10 bosses to get to the top!
    It costs 500 platinum to buy the campaign!
    Or 2 platinum to get access for one game!
    First boss: 5000 health 0 armor.
    Second boss:6000 health 100 armor
    Third boss: 7000 health 200 armor
    And so on until boss number 10 which is
    Tenth boss: 15000 health 1500 armor
    If you defeat this boss you have a chance as a regular(+5% pink chance)roll for regular loot at your level.
    Or you have a chance (2%) to get 20 platinum! The pink chance is increases by 5 percent
    as well!
    Loooool, don't you think the bosses are overpowered at level ten? And when you slide your finger diagonally on the screen it does an emote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Contest 2:

Mage: Hellfire Barrage
    Fires a volley of three balls of demonic fire at oponent that do direct damage. Each increased rank adds another ball of hellfire, but the damage of the added ones are slightly less than the original three. This is a single target attack with a high dps rate.
    Cooldown: 8 seconds
    Range: 14m
    Other Effects: Some fire damage over time, along with the direct damage.

Bird: Siren Sting
    Fires an arrow coated with a siren's blood, making the target fall asleep for 5 seconds. While asleep, the target cannot attack or move. (Auto attack is allowed while asleep) The sting itself doesn't do damage, until its rank is increased. Each rank adds 10 damage. This is good for Crowd Control in PvE, and really good in PvP. Don't be cheap with it.
    Cooldown: 10 seconds
    Range: 11m
    Other Effects: None

Bear: Whirlwind Strike
    Does a spinning attack that does weapon damage + skill damage to the main target, but sends two more whirlwinds to do damage to two other targets. This skill is great for PvE because it helps bears keep multiple aggro in dungeons. Example: Beckon + Hellscream + Whirlwind Strike + Stomp = High Damage, Great Tanking, All AoE. It's good in PvP in 2v1 or 3v1 fights. Each increased rank just increases damage and Rank 6 adds another whirlwind.
    Cooldown: 6 seconds
    Range: 5m for main target, but the whirlwinds go another 5m further to get a different target.
    Other Effects: 15% Knockback chance

IGN in sig.
    Last edited by OverkillED; 02-06-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CodyBearr View Post
    I just hope I did mine right so I can try to win
    Same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trollee View Post
    As many of you would know, haven't been playing PL for about 2 months now. I have officially switched over to SL and this is why I have decided it is time to part with all my possessions which are seemingly now of no use. For those players who are still committed to PL and would like a boost i their gold amount, this thread is for you.

My Giveaway will be split in to 3 different contests. Each contest is basically orientated around the idea of potential new content. Each of these contests require you to be creative and think of new things that would make PL better. One of the reasons I quit was because I found a lack of ingenuity in the new content that STS released, that being said, I think this contest may hopefully provoke some new ideas that would make the game better.

I will be checking this thread semi-regularly although I lead a pretty busy life and sometimes may not check the forums for a few days so please be patient if I don't respond.

Conditions of entry (must read)
    1. Must have a PL account and must be an active user! I don't want to be giving all this stuff away to another person where it wont be used.
    2. Must not plagiarize content that is not yours.
    3. Entries to be posted in this thread.
    4. Only one entry per contest per person. So, you can enter all 3 contests, but only once. Also note that it is highly unlikely that the same person will win more than one contest, ie. there will be three different winners.
    5. If you wish to enter more than one of the three contests, put all your entries in the one post.
    6. All entries must be completely new, ie. they must not have already been entered in another contest
    ~~ Any person found to go against any of the above conditions will be disqualified ~~

Deadline
    Start: Right now!
    End: Sunday, February 14th, 2012
    Any entries posted after the deadline will not be accepted, so make sure you get them in in time. I have not included a time in the deadline because I don't feel the need to be that precise, but if it comes down to a timezone difference, I will most likely be lenient.

1. New Face Contest
    PRIZES
    1st: 1,000,000 gold
    2nd: 300,000 gold
    3rd: 200,000 gold

How to enter: Design a new face for any of the classes in PL.

Rules:
    • Each entry must include a picture of your design as well as (hypothetically) its class, stats and description if added to the game.
    • Design one face only, for one class only.
    • The picture itself can be done in done in any fashion (sketch then scan, photoshop etc.) but it must be of your own design.
    • Kinda goes without saying but cannot be a face that already exists in PL (ie. duck/koala/lynx etc.)

2. New Skills Contest
    PRIZES
    1st: 500,000 gold
    2nd: 200,000 gold
    3rd: 100,000 gold

How to enter: Design a new skill for each class in PL.

Rules:
    • Create your own skill for each class in PL including all necessary information: its damage, effect on target(s) etc.
    • You must come up with 3 different skills, one for each class.
    • With each skill, include a description of why it would make that class better/well-rounded in PvE and PvP (important).
    • Cannot be any skills that already exist in PL.

3. New Campaign Contest
    PRIZES
    1st: Halloween Pink set
    2nd: 150,000 gold
    3rd: 50,000 gold

How to enter: Design a new campaign for PL

Rules:
    • Design your own campaign including a name, recommended level, types of mobs, landscape, bosses and any other relevant information
    • A short paragraph explaining why it would be a good new addition to the world of Alterra.
    • You may include pictures in your entry, however it is not necessary for your entry to still be valid.
    • Cannot be at all related to the campaigns that already exist in PL, ie. NO zombies, NO ice worlds, NO castle themed areas etc.

Judging
    The judging will be done by Zaltiar and myself. The way we choose the winners will be qualitative, but we will do the best of our abilities to judge fairly. The main qualities that we will look for in your entries will be: creativity, authenticity, originality and all round cool-ness. Also, we will be impressed more by entries that are in-depth and give us the impression that you have actually put some thought and time into it, not just put together in a few minutes in hope of getting a prize. We will also take into account the neatness of your entry, your grammar, and other such fickle things.

Summary
    So there you have it folks! As some of you may of noticed, I have tried to create contests that don't necessarily favor the artistically talented. What I will be looking for is creativity over artistic talent. While a good picture with your design will improve your chances, it is not the most important aspect. I would just like to reiterate this so that some of you don't feel as if you are being discriminated against.

I will be updating this thread whenever I make changes to the contest description or anything else. On the day of the deadline I will post to give you guys a heads up and may also summarize all the entries in one final post so that I don't miss any.

If you have any feedback, either send me a private message or post your thoughts below.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillED View Post
    Campaign Name: Operation: ALTERRA WILL STAND!
    Recommended Lvl: 10-20
    Mobs: SL Invaders, Mechano-Dragons, Mind Controlled Alterrans
    Bosses: Mr. Giggles, Lord Zapkattack, UCS Blackstar

Operation: ALTERRA WILL STAND (AWS) is a level 10-20 dungeon with a complex use of teamwork and an intriguing story. It is a 7-person dungeon. I figured that the dungeons in the 10-20 bracket were really horrible in my opinion and didn't give a good first impression on new players to keep playing. I think also this dungeon will help link PL and SL a little more. I also think the devs will have fun making the mind-controlled circus people, Drocs, and Mechano-Dragons. It is a challenge to beat this dungeon too XD! The landscape changes throughout the dungeon. First, you are in Balefort Castle and it is being raided and burned by SL invaders with the UCS Blackstar overhead. This is a semi-boss battle. It requires the birds to hit hard at the ship while raiders are coming out of it. The raiders must be tanked by the bear. Once the UCS Blackstar blows up, many Mechano- Dragons fly out of it and take hostages. You and your group must fight your way to Croc's Swamp to rescue the hostages. (On the path there, there will be SL survivors shooting at you.) Here, you will find that Mechano-Dragons have mutated the Crocs into Drocs! (Dragon and Croc) The dragons quickly dive into the water and you must chase them. Here, extreme tanking must be used because once you swim into the water, you and your group will find yourselves surrounded by Drocs. Kill them and move on. There will be a box of torches once you kill all the Drocs. You have the option to discuss with your group to burn down the Droc habitat. Burning the habitat down will give the final boss, Lord Zapattack, a 5% armor debuff when you fight him so the battle will go a bit quicker. Again, you must chase the Mechano-Dragons to Nuri's Hallows. Unfortunately, the Mechano-Dragons have mind controlled all the circus people. You must quickly grab a handful of tomatoes and have a circus food fight with the mind-controlled Alterrans. The tomatoes do 9999999 damage to the circus people, since they are fairly weak, but are large in numbers. (WARNING: The tomatoes will be removed from your inventory once you leave the dungeon.) After all the circus people are dead. Mr. Giggles comes out. He can use his tornado hammer to knock you back and stun you. Be careful! After you are weary from the fight with Mr. Giggles, Lord Zapattack ambushes you and chases you into Forest Haven. This is where you and Lord Zapatttack will have the final fight. Lord Zapattack can do lightning choke to mages, which hangs the mage upside down while the mage is immobile and is constantly taking damage. A blast shot from a bird will free the mage. At last, Lord Zapattack is dead. ALTERRA SHALL STAND!

BTW: Is my entry valid?
    Read underlined and highlighted text in campaign contest entry rules in Trollee's first post.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Many entries, good luck too all! And nice contest, Trollee!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Livemaus big entry
    Heres every one of the contest entries... for the face PLEASE READ DONT JUDGE MY ARTWORK I FAILED ART IN 6TH GRADE USE YOUR IMAGINATION THINK OF A REAL PELICAN DONT HATTE THE WORK
    Name:  image (1).jpeg
Views: 166
Size:  847.6 KB
    For the skill its a mage one Perhaps something that slows enemy movement down maybe mixed in with a debuff for enemy dodge. For the bear a skill that sets their sword on fire or at least gives their auto extra damage. For the bird a buff that makes their auto attack faster like for every rank it decreaes the time it takes.
    A new dungeon would be on the clouds where there are a bunch of super heros with capes and mostly mage abilitiies like laser eyes like superman or lightning hands kinda like star legends. The max level vanity could be a cape My number two choice is to go into a volcano since we have a frozen place and it can have fiery demons and we can use the vinny guy again maybe have the high level fiery weapons of doom in there. A max level item from The Fallen Prince could be a vanity weapon pitchfork that is a replacement for either the one handed or two handed sword.
    I hope to win them all My IGN is Livemau Please send me a private messge if I win or see me in game. Thanks a bunch for this great contest and happy trails to you!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Livemau; 02-01-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

How do u put a picture on the website from your ipad?Is it possible?
    Last edited by 25thninja; 02-01-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

For the face Im thinking something like a polar bear face( for bears of course ). May draw it but I suck at art so reserved for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Contest three: This campaign is called Drimerssto Mure [drim-urs-sto mmm-your], is the inside of an ant hill, with of course ants as enemys, and also there will be (for a little harder opponents during the campaign) beetles and crickets, and for the first couple bosses, there would be worms, wasps, bees, and for the last boss, it would be the queen ant.The landscape would be dimmer the higher level you get to, there would be small stalictites and stalagmites, and kind-of muddy/sandy/dirty.
    I think this would be great to Alterra because people always say, "I'll crush you/them like a bug!" but now you actually can. This campaign will be for levels 50-60. Also, if you are lucky, once you defeat the queen ant, you may get the ultra rare bug-swatter weapon, and/or the bee-man mask
    Last edited by 25thninja; 02-02-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Contest two:
    Enchantress skill is called Hidden Under, and what this does is it turns you to liquid for 30 seconds at max level, which will do +infinity armor, not allowed to attack during this, and freezes your opponent for 3 seconds. This is good for pvp ctf because you can easily get the flag without anyone killing you first. For pve, it will let you get past an annoying mini-boss, such as lesser djinn or a vampeer.
    Warrior skill is called Bearoll Roll, and what happens is the your bear puts his weapon over his head and starts doing continuos frontflips. This will cause a chance of stunning, will be for 3 meters wide/long, push whom it may hit (opponent) back 4 feet, and 75-130 damage. This will be good in Pvp because with other teammates, you will throw them back, stun them, then they will be attacked. For Pve, if you have a quest, and all you have to do is kill the boss, then Bearoll Roll would be perfect.
    Archer skill is called Back Crop, this is a mix between something original and partially part of thorn root, but the character will flip the bow around, gather plants from around him (which will not be shown), and shoot. This will cause people to freeze in place for 15 seconds, at its highest level, for 30 meters. This will be good in Pvp and Pve because you can kill that last guy that is really hard without him being able to do anything.
    Last edited by 25thninja; 02-13-2012 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Exclamation

Hate to brake it to you but the polar bear already exists! Twinklaser
    Last edited by 25thninja; 02-02-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by topskillz View Post
    #2. SKILLS
    ---------------
    (Avain)
    Instinct- This skill would be a massive shot out. What would happen is that the Avain would shot arrows above the map and during the fight would come down and hit your opponents where they stand. The skill would take 5 second for the arrows to fall and a 6 second cooldown. The skill would hit 200dmg at lvl 1 and go up 50 everytime the skill is upgraded.

You gotta know though that once it is at level 6 it will do 450 damage if it hits. With an archers critical hit though your target is dead gurateed and you dont hace to get close perhaps less over powering would help ex start at 100 gain 20 per level good idea though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i say for mage it gets like a mix of fire lightning and ice like it would b called mix storm
    bird would be like auto a skil that makes him shoot like 3-20 arrows at once and damage would be from 5-15
    bear would get like a discharge of hate like a hatestormthat stuns all for 5 seconds

HOPE I WIN!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This post used to have my toucan pic but I've changed my entry to the pterodactyl so...
    Last edited by Baylakk; 02-06-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

If pic shows...yes I'm a terrible artist but it's a rainbow billed toucan and the stats it would give are +1 armor, +7 Dex, + 5 damage, +5 dodge, +5 crit and it would cost 20 plat. Contest one btw XD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Contest two
    Avian skill:Burning arrow, Have you ever wanted a arrow doing damage where ever your enemy moves well I have!
    What the burning arrow does is when you use the skill it burns your enemy alive dealing 100-200 damage for 6 seconds taking most of their health away, useful in pvp because those bears with a lot of health don't die easily so you use the burning arrow reducing their health to die quicker and in pve those bosses with health you can't even imagine so you use the burning arrow to burn it to reduce it's health quickly where ever it moves.12 second cool down.10 meter distance

Enchantress skill:vengeful mage, what it does exactly is when the mage uses it it gets a shield of thunder knocking back those enemy's who attacking you a lot and a high chance of stunning your enemy, useful in pvp because it knocks back the birds and bears who can knock you back and trap you in the corner so you can use this skill to stun then and knock them back so you can heal yourself and run a little if you would like to. It is useful in pve because those bosses is those high maps can deal high damage now worries! You can knock them back from hitting you and you can stun them so you can run and heal.Cool down is 7 seconds, range is 7meters

Ursan skill:Wrath, wrath is a skill where you make your hits with your sword a burst of lightning that's right I said it burst of lightning where when you hit a enemy or opponent with your sword sending out a burst of lightning smashing them back disabling a little for 2-3 seconds and dealing 150-250 damage. Useful in pvp fighting against birds and mages who run from your bear, so you can use wrath and disable them from running and keep hitting them until they die. In pve you can do high damage on those bosses who take forever to kill and disable them from hitting your friends or even you so you don't die as quick as you do. Cool down 8 seconds. Range 3-4 meters
    Lvl 71 mage pokyya,lvl 61 bird goflow,lvl 61 mage pokyyya

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Contest two
    Avian skill:Burning arrow, Have you ever wanted a arrow doing damage where ever your enemy moves well I have!
    What the burning arrow does is when you use the skill it burns your enemy alive dealing 100-200 damage for 6 seconds taking most of their health away, useful in pvp because those bears with a lot of health don't die easily so you use the burning arrow reducing their health to die quicker and in pve those bosses with health you can't even imagine so you use the burning arrow to burn it to reduce it's health quickly where ever it moves.12 second cool down.10 meter distance

Enchantress skill:vengeful mage, what it does exactly is when the mage uses it it gets a shield of thunder knocking back those enemy's who attacking you a lot and a high chance of stunning your enemy, useful in pvp because it knocks back the birds and bears who can knock you back and trap you in the corner so you can use this skill to stun then and knock them back so you can heal yourself and run a little if you would like to. It is useful in pve because those bosses is those high maps can deal high damage now worries! You can knock them back from hitting you and you can stun them so you can run and heal.Cool down is 7 seconds, range is 7meters

Ursan skill:Wrath, wrath is a skill where you make your hits with your sword a burst of lightning that's right I said it burst of lightning where when you hit a enemy or opponent with your sword sending out a burst of lightning smashing them back disabling a little for 2-3 seconds and dealing 150-250 damage. Useful in pvp fighting against birds and mages who run from your bear, so you can use wrath and disable them from running and keep hitting them until they die. In pve you can do high damage on those bosses who take forever to kill and disable them from hitting your friends or even you so you don't die as quick as you do. Cool down 8 seconds. Range 3-4 meters.

IGN- pokyya
    Lvl 71 mage pokyya,lvl 61 bird goflow,lvl 61 mage pokyyya

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

2nd -gods wrath 4 bears, it would 1 hit ko every1 attacking him and would make him better because they usually tank and need lots of help
    Backup for archers, it would make arrow fall from the sky doing 300damage 2 every1 bad and would make archer faster because they don't have the best defence so this would kill fast
    Moon beam, it would be 4 mages and would make it so no enemy could move this would make them better because it would be awesome

3rd- krakens abyss

We have never had and underwater place so I think it would be cool. The landscape would be underwater,and the mobs would be sharks and stingray men. The bosses would be kraken, leviathan , shadow poisieden, hades, and the behemoth. The recommended lvl would be 66-71.ill list 2 weapons 4 each type.
    WARRIOR- jagged seashell sword, kelp whip, poisiedens trident
    MAGE-wand of water currents, and a staff that controlled temp
    ARCHER- harpoon gun, starfish shurieken
    SHIELDS- seashell
    ARMOR- shark gills
    SPECIAL LEVEL CAP VANITY- shark skin suit(gives u shark fins and tail