Thread: going to start pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default going to start pvp

Hello all,
    I've been thinking about entering the wild wonderful world of pvp. I've never participated but have been reading a lot here about it and was wondering if someone could give me a list of the unwritten rules I've been reading a lot about. What exactly is rushing? The one time I pvp'd the other player was on the other side of the map and I have no idea how someone could rush? Also, what is spawn killing? Again, I respawned far away from the other guy and don't know how he could have gotten to where I was at before I revived. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

me too. What's ur name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Join a game with lots of players and you will learn both

Rushing is wen u attack an opponent without letting them prepare/buff.

Spawn killing is hanging around a spawn point and killing before they can buff.

AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zappaxe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by friuchal:536324
    me too. What's ur name
    Lol what did you say before you edited? I wrote that on a differwnt thread and you copied it here

On topic: pm me ingame and ill give you as much help as I possibly can
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Rushing will very based on the player. The global unserstanding is when you attack a player without them agreein to a 1v1 fight or there is no ffa (free for all) going on in the game. With that said, some consider buffing a form of rushing (I once dropped my phone and while picking it up, pressed evade aand by the tike it was in both hands and "wtf rusher" was displayed and I was dead. LOL)

Spawn killing is just that: killing a player as they soon as they respawn or revived. This is frowned on because it is impossible to buff if someone is quick enuff.

Some basic rules which you've probably seen discussed:

1. Always ask the intentions of the game: FFA, CTF, 1v1. Make sure to know the boundaries. A lot of childish rage in pvp.

2. Expect childish rage. People will make excuses for any and everything. Lag, bro/sis was playing, etc. You have to have thick skin and an ability to ignore. People will rage and they will rage over the dumbest things. Paahud said it in the "best ever" thread that the best go about their business and dont respond. Like anything competitive, their will be those who try to get in your head. Just have fun.

Other than that, you need to find a friend who is experienced in pvp to give you pointers on combos, stats, etc.

Good luck.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

hey robert,

i was looking into pvp too last month. can show some things and give u tipps if u choose bird for pvp.
    add Riccits (bcz i cleaned friendlist)
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Riccits For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

ok, thanks guys! I couldn't understand the spawn kill but i was thinking in 1 vs. 1. I see where you could spawn kill if there are lots of players. I'm still not sure I understand what rushing is. I would think you should be ready to fight as soon as you join a game and that part of the strategy would be timing your buffs and attacking when the other persons buffs have worn off. I have a lot to learn and I'll be adding you guys who said I could. My birds name is in my sig.

thanks again! I hope to learn on the fly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PVPers in PL are a bunch of babies. Every game is either a dominated 3-on-1 with three friends rushing together and no one joining the losing team or one filled with people who will boot you if you do anything besides their stupid-polite structured nonsense. "Hey guy 1v1?" "guy?" "sry was typing" "yeah let's 1v1" "ok guy we're gonna 1v1" "alright let's 1v1" "everyone no rush" "yeah no ffa all" "ok guy ready?" "yeah are you?" "yeah gl" "gl!!" "ok fight" "ok gl"

10 seconds of boring one-on-one combat pass

"gf man" "yeah gf" "hey gf you guys"

Lather, rinse, repeat. Ugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    ok, thanks guys! I couldn't understand the spawn kill but i was thinking in 1 vs. 1. I see where you could spawn kill if there are lots of players. I'm still not sure I understand what rushing is. I would think you should be ready to fight as soon as you join a game and that part of the strategy would be timing your buffs and attacking when the other persons buffs have worn off. I have a lot to learn and I'll be adding you guys who said I could. My birds name is in my sig.

thanks again! I hope to learn on the fly!
    At this point, we don't have 1v1 maps, so there are either normal arenas, or Ctf maps.

Ctf maps should be and are most likely FFA. FFA (=free for all) means every tactic is allowed to win. Run others buffs of, hide behind walls or trees to not get hit, team up and kill them as fast as possible when they are getting revived. Do whatever you would like to get/defend flags or gain/avoid kills.

Spawn killing is the only no-no. This would be entering the others spawning zone (there is one in Ctf maps) and just kill them constantly while they are trying to respawn insinde of this zone. Don't do that...!

In a normal map, that is played FFA style, you shouldn't hesitate to kill someone if he is spawning right next to you (which happens quite seldomly). It's war!
    However, some people may consider that cheap -.-

Apart from FFA, we have a whole lot of maps which are played in a 1on1 style. Expect most forest fight games to be played like this :/
    You will have to ask/ be asked for a fight, that will start when both agreed ("go") and buffed, and usually ended with a "gf" (good fight). Very slow, very formal, and much les exciting IMO, but it can be quite usefull to test combos, tactics, etc. And it's happening ALOT atm

Rushing only exists in those 1v1 maps, and is basically when someone doesn't follow these unwritten "rules".

Oh, one other thing. Ctf/FFA games are usually started whith an equal number of players in each team. When teams are uneven, it would show good sportsmanship to "sit" (not fighting) til teams are even again.

I hope you will have fun in the arena! Be prepared for the trolls, smacktalkers, and sore loosers! And don't forget to have fun
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub