Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ambassadors

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Ambassadors

Why do ambassadors even exist? An ambassador is supposed to provide two-way communication, but as far as I can see, the ambassadors of Alfreda exist for three reasons:

1) give out party hats
    2) support sts no matter how hard sts works to gouge us and give the lie to their "free-to-play" claim.
    3) stand around in town yelling, I'm here to help!!! So that they can teach people how to use the buttons that the tutorial already teaches.

Is there any way that an aoa provides useful feedback to sts from the players? Or are they just more candy coating for the obvious gouging that sts has taken on as its mission?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

This is the kind of post that results in flaming. A better way to ask would be to say "What are the added benefits to the players, of having the AoA". Otherwise I just read this as your complaint about STS policies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I think they made this program for the new people that come in and don't know what there doing especially with attribute and skill points and just in general to be there for someone new

Thundarr lvl 15 warrior
    Midas lvl 12 sorcerer
    Guinevere lvl 12 rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

if it means less players end up quitting, not understanding the game mechanics, with characters that have random skill allocation and stats evenly placed, then it is both good for players AND sts...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ha...at least you heard them talk.....I was in Balefort yesterday with 3 AOA and not a single one would talk. Even though questions were being asked..,silence! I asked if they would give party hats a few times...nothing They stood there like startled deer in headlights for a half hour. However I have also witnessed some great feedback and helping answers from a few of them!
    Last edited by KhaosAngel; 01-11-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

Well all I can say is the ambassadors of alfreda make great pasta sauce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Beak, you'd be happy to know this has all been fixed. Here's some facts that may interest you:

1. Ambassadors are around to give a warm welcome to new players. So I figure, since we are not in it for the Hats, might as well give them out. We are also working on Costumes to make us recognizable and use the Party hats for strictly Partying.
    2. This was only during a certain time. Most would think of Ambassadors as a bit of a player style community leader. Since we are Ambassadors, we try to help. We also speak to devs frequently.
    3. Next time you see someone yelling that, click on them and check what guild they're in. Most of us ambassadors took the liberty of deleting our quick chats to reverse the idea of spamming.

So bro. This is a bit harsh. Our mission as Ambassadors is to help. Make a noob and enter a town with Ambassadors. I assure you if you ask questions we will help. You obviously don't know us that well yet :S

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

I think your opinion used to be correct, but as Wounded said, the mods have picked up on it. asking if anyone needs an answer is alright, imo as long as it isn't a constant spam
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I can only speak for myself, but as for not answering questions being asked, I'm usually juggling 3 conversations at once when I'm on my AoA character so that when a new question arises it can sometimes get lost in the many PMs I'm trying to keep straight. It is an unfortunate loss, but definitely not intentional!

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KhaosAngel View Post
    Ha...at least you heard them talk.....I was in Balefort yesterday with 3 AOA and not a single one would talk. Even though questions were being asked..,silence! I asked if they would give party hats a few times...nothing They stood there like startled deer in headlights for a half hour. However I have also witnessed some great feedback and helping answers from a few of them!
    Might have been me, but I answer questions through PM's unless I'm being flooded with PMs and many are asking the same question. It's more difficult than you think, being an Amabassador. You have those who think you are a developer and you have to spend so much time convincing them otherwise, then you have those who want items and gold, then you have those who want to be AoA themselves. It's quite a lot. Just because I'm not talking outloud doesn't mean I'm not answering questions.

Also, you may have you ask your questions a few times if we are in a popular town like Balefort. Why? Everybody else is also PMing us.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beakofjustice View Post
    Wounded... If you want to help, and be an ambassador... Then communicate to the devs the fact that they have abandoned their stated commitment to a free-to-play experience.
    Why should he lie? You are NOT talking about the Ambassadors. This is just a ragefest 2011 continuation troll post.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

So why bother being an ambassador? What really is the point of having a title? Most of us have been helping others ever since we started playing... So why do you need a title to do that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

So why bother being an ambassador? What really is the point of having a title? Most of us have been helping others ever since we started playing... So why do you need a title to do that?
    This is true, but most would prefer to chat with friends still. When you have a specialized program for it, there is a higher chance of players being helped.

Here is the breakdown:

An AoA helps a new player, new player gets interested, purchases platinum, more money for STS, the appearance of a friendly community.

And I'm not some kiss up either. I have my areas where I disagree with STS, I just show it without behaving like a troll or being bitter.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Ah, now we are on topic.

You ask why bother. Why organize the efforts to help the noobs? I can't speak for them, so I will guess. Early on after the first wave of GoAs, there was a section of the boards created for "Community Leaders". People were invited based on their join date, as well as the GoAs (we were about 6 at the time.) Everybody brainstorm, we were told, on how to help new players get started up and running. We threw out a few ideas, but frankly, we were not the group to do it. That board slowed after about ten days to almost no posts. We tried to start a group and discussed helping new people and the ins and outs of reporting, but that, too, petered out after a few days.

So they founded the AoAs. And look! They are not floundering. They are not petering out. They continue to help and they meet and discuss. It's better than it was.

So my guess is, all along the devs wanted to help the noobs. That's the reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Wounded... If you want to help, and be an ambassador... Then communicate to the devs the fact that they have abandoned their stated commitment to a free-to-play experience.
    It may not be public, but trust me, we are working on some awesome community concepts. I talk to them a lot about ideas and possible fixes. Hope you start feeling better about it,

-we

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:536978
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaosAngel View Post
    Might have been me, but I answer
    questions through PM's unless I'm being flooded with PMs and many are asking the same question. It's more difficult than you think, being an Amabassador. You have those who think you are a developer and you have to spend so much time convincing them otherwise, then you have those who want items and gold, then you have those who want to be AoA themselves. It's quite a lot. Just because I'm not talking outloud doesn't mean I'm not answering questions.

Also, you may have you ask your questions a few times if we are in a popular town like Balefort. Why? Everybody else is also PMing us.
    I was definitely . there. I was helping a guy with a mage build which took ages to do, so i was occupied
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

The purpose of this thread is to TROLL. I am going to try to stop responding.

AoAs, you KNOW that what he is saying is a lie. You do not need to prove anything. Try to resist the bait.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Why do you have to be a lvl 10 to be an AoA its kind of a low number and not much to do except get your butt handed to in pvp cause you dont know whatcha doin
    Last edited by razerfingers; 01-11-2012 at 12:31 PM.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Why do you have to be a lvl 10 to be an AoA its kind of a low number and not much to do except get your butt handed to in pvp cause you dont k ow whatcha doin
    What would you prefer?..

And I know well enough what I'm doing when i walk into a PvP match on any character..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

For everyones's sake, stop responding to them guys. I say them because razerfingers seems to have joined him in trolling the AOA. Just stop responding and wait for the thread to be locked

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adidaman For This Useful Post: