Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The trend of market value manipulation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Heppens irl
    duck dynasty falls

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsi View Post
    Heppens irl
    A lot of things happen irl. Doesn't mean it is justified

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bundlos View Post
    A lot of things happen irl. Doesn't mean it is justified
    And it does not have to be. Human dynamics affecting the market will be reflected regardless of any medium. 5 years ago, we had threads like this and no one has placed a conscious effort to put a cease to something as trivial as this. People have the inclination to do anything to win regardless of the method - which definitely can include unethical practices.

In a utopia, the masses dictate how much a certain item should cost, but then again that's just being the idealist me.
    Last edited by Limsi; 02-10-2020 at 10:46 AM.
    duck dynasty falls

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsi View Post
    And it does not have to be. Human dynamics affecting the market will be reflected regardless of any medium. 5 years ago, we had threads like this and no one has placed a conscious effort to put a cease to something as trivial as this. People have the inclination to do anything to win regardless of the method - which definitely can include unethical practices.

In a utopia, the masses dictate how much a certain item should cost, but then again that's just being the idealist me.
    When you say that in a utopia the masses dictate how much a certain item should cost you are contradicting my opening post which is pertaining to the MINORITY con-men (if you would call it so), who manipulate market value using unethical means.

Even if nothing is done about this, it generated awareness for the people who were unaware about it and I'm okay with just that if nothing else. Thanks for the free bumps though! Keep bumping awaaaayyy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bundlos View Post
    When you say that in a utopia the masses dictate how much a certain item should cost you are contradicting my opening post which is pertaining to the MINORITY con-men (if you would call it so), who manipulate market value using unethical means.

Even if nothing is done about this, it generated awareness for the people who were unaware about it and I'm okay with just that if nothing else. Thanks for the free bumps though! Keep bumping awaaaayyy
    It's all in your imagination. If there is manipulation it probably only applies to those overpriced silly vanities anyway. Lesser items aren't even worth the time like people who are selling arcane shards for 3m now are being accused of over-pricing. For only a difference of 1m to 1.5m people who need it asap would easily pay the premium without hesitating. I overpay for cheap items that I need all the time and its not a big deal. Why would someone sell to an entitled cheapass when all it takes is one person to pay for their asking price?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilweezy View Post
    It's all in your imagination. If there is manipulation it probably only applies to those overpriced silly vanities anyway. Lesser items aren't even worth the time like people who are selling arcane shards for 3m now are being accused of over-pricing. For only a difference of 1m to 1.5m people who need it asap would easily pay the premium without hesitating. I overpay for cheap items that I need all the time and its not a big deal. Why would someone sell to an entitled cheapass when all it takes is one person to pay for their asking price?
    If it's my imagination explain me this:

Few weeks back there was a 205gl ebon daggers for sale. The thread was closed sold with an offer of 100m+ebon daggers with bad awakes. The seller was selling the same thing again after closing the thread. The seller confessed it was the same item and mind you it's not a cheap *** item. Still want to call it my imagination?

You mentioned earlier as well that one sale should be the reference point for the next. But if the reference point itself is a fake it alters the value for it permanently. I sealed my bugface deal for 35m, so how come buyers who contacted me to buy it later were under the impression that it is 100m+, clearly someone was feeding them the wrong information. Is it still my imagination? Or do you want me to go on? Because I can do this all day
    Last edited by Bundlos; 02-10-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Typo