Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.5 Content Update (76708)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Battlelock View Post
    They didn't up the elite pink drop rate for the premium access. The premium access ONLY gives you the same drop rate & table as the regular Fang Levels.
    Does everybody even know about that tidbit? I heard that long ago, hence never wasted my time playing it. I actually had forgotten about that until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Do you know anyone who "practices" killing a boss, knowing that it has zero chance to drop a pink? I think that "practice" thing Sam said is something he was told to say. The fact is, until recently, boss brawls did drop pinks.
    Yep. I recently started farming...alot. Even though the drop rate is very low, premium pinks do drop. This forum has had 1000's of debates on "the business model" of STS... HELLO!!??!!?? If all gauntlets prior to Mt. Fang dropped pinks or rares or premium loot, and only Vamp Feast doesn't...it was most likely the plan from the start. Prehaps even test the water to gauge reactions with pay per play Winter Fest. Personally, I don't love it, but I do choose to pay to play. Will my thought on that last forever, probably not, but I do now. As long as STS is up front, honest, and thorough with its explanation of platinum items and what a customer gets when spending their money, thats good enough for me and I believe many plat buyers as well. If you happen to not be a plat buyer, well, I regret to say, your opinion probably doesn't matter too much. I do believe STS wants to dialog with the community and certainly has responded in the past. Right now I see the biggest factor in it all being sustainable income for the company. That is also highly debated on the forum. As I have said, stop buying the plat if you want to change the reaction...Well, I have said it, but haven't actually done it...why?...becasue I like the premium content...PERIOD...and it seems...so do the masses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

[stupid rant deleted]
    The boss crawls were created to give people with too much time on their hands something to do so they wouldn't leave after they hit level cap.

Personally, I never liked them. I'd rather run the five maps in succession with one group all the way.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 01-12-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Hah Fran!
    That's my real name lol
    Means I'll be giving access to Epic Vampire Feast>=]

lol Posted this on wrong thread 3 seconds ago(idiot lol)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Oh brother! Here we go again...

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

thx for the new map, we can save a lot time now!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlelock View Post
    Not sure what boss brawls you're referring to but the only boss brawls I know that dropped ELITE pinks was Forest Haven Skeletal Cult Crypts & the swamps Bayou Boss Brawl.
    Yes all boss brawls dropped pinks but only 2 I know of dropped the ELITE pinks.
    Right after Nuri's came out, I got an elite pink from one of the bosses in the Nuri Boss level, forget what it was called. Never saw one again, so it may have been patched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My thought is that I have killed hundreds of bosses in Mt. Fang without ever getting an elite pink drop. Do I now pay for that same (to this point 0) chance of getting an elite pink. I have only gotten 5 pinks in total, but no set pieces and I have been playing since the day it was released. I don't see paying real money for this. Maybe it will lower the prices of the set pieces in cs and I can pick up my last piece a little cheaper, I have had to buy the other three pieces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Elite pinks drop in AO3 boss brawl, Victory Lap. They always have. There were no elite pinks before AO3. The bosses in all the brawls from Balefort to AO2 have always used the exact same drop table as their counterparts in the maps. In short, up until the Forest Haven revamp, all boss brawls dropped pinks. Campaigns released after the FH revamp had these new nerfed boss brawls.

When the Forest Haven boss brawl did NOT drop ANY pinks, it caused quite a stir. The usual screaming happened on the MB and they reluctantly gave a minute chance to get one of the three FH pinks from the boss brawl.

Boss Brawls were added to the game so that level capped players could farm. Before the elite cap (an extra level at 10x XP and a vanity prize), farming and PvP were the only things to do, aside from making a dozen characters.

With the elite cap, the need to give capped players something to do was lessened, and the boss brawls changed into mixed leveling/farming. But now the players seeking elite cap just buy 4x elixirs and run in the levelling maps with the people who haven't reached the cap.

I would like to go off on a tangent about King's Forest, Mega-Maze, and all that, but suffice it to say, they were added to give the capped players more things to do. The capped players started threads pleading for things to do. If you weren't here at the time, then you just don't know. They were irritating threads especially to noobs like me. But the game was in a reactive state and these players got what they asked for, farming zones for their pink obsessions. And then King's Forest, Mega, and other maps even had new special pinks created just for them, the bone armors, level 29.

This recent definition of a boss brawl as "a place to practice" may be what the devs who took over PL thought they were for. But that is not what they were meant for originally.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 01-13-2012 at 03:33 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Srr to say but where is the pink that you promise ah?

thejokerlol level 71 bear l guild eclipse

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Elite pinks drop in AO3 boss brawl, Victory Lap. They always have. There were no elite pinks before AO3. The bosses in all the brawls from Balefort to AO2 have always used the exact same drop table as their counterparts in the maps. In short, up until the Forest Haven revamp, all boss brawls dropped pinks. Campaigns released after the FH revamp had these new nerfed boss brawls.
    AO2 was actually the first Boss Brawl with nuked pinks. While they did drop good pinks, the 'best' pinks, ie the Blasters, The Dark Matter Staffs, the Wands, the Daggers, the Talons, the Shock Lances, the Sunkiller Staffs and the Royal Shadow staffs were only dropped by the main level bosses. Also, an interesting note about the Victory Lap drops, as players thought it was a bug that T-Paxx had the drop table of the mini-bosses, but it was hinted at by Cinco that ALL Victory Lap bosses should have had the mini-boss loot table.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

The mobs and bosses seem harder to kill...and I was using elixir...bleh not for me lol I'll just farm the regular levels.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Love the 1vs1 map. =D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I thanked you, Fluff, but idk... I could swear I've seen those drop in Plasma. Must have nerfed it later?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saool View Post
    The mobs and bosses seem harder to kill...and I was using elixir...bleh not for me lol I'll just farm the regular levels.
    I was on a 4x combo and I was dying a lot. Perhaps because they were all pugs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by elianel View Post
    Srr to say but where is the pink that you promise ah?
    The devs didn't promise any elite pink to drop like apples as if it's harvesting season. Like they keep saying, the loot table is the same. No different than killing regular dungeon bosses. You only get the chance to confront the bosses faster so it only means the chances of getting the pinks is already there and ready but the chances of actually looting the pink is no different that going through dungeons 1-5.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I thanked you, Fluff, but idk... I could swear I've seen those drop in Plasma. Must have nerfed it later?
    Daggers and talons from level 1. Wands from level two. Two handed swords from the never farmed boss on mynas. Plasma swords and later added shock lance from four. Blasters from rloxx on five, dark matter (not desert shadow) staffs and later added sunkiller / royal staffs from btoxx, also in five. One of the fun things about ao2 is they would add new weapons to current bosses every couple weeks.
    As for the difficulty of the crawl, mobs/bosses are all 65, so that makes them harder. That issue came up with the original swamps brawl, as the mobs/bosses were level 31-34 in game but all 35+ in the gauntlet.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saool View Post
    u cant buff, thats why seems harder
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I swear I read somewhere that Sam mentioned bosses would be easier to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    As I understand it, that is the case - it would be faster to kill the bosses, but that they have the same loot tables.
    Ok found it. So was this idea changed?
    Last edited by Luchta; 01-14-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Added quote by Samhayne's
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luchta View Post
    I swear I read somewhere that Sam mentioned bosses would be easier to kill.

Ok found it. So was this idea changed?
    Easier to kill as in less mobs/per boss, but the bosses themselves are not easier. It is just faster to get to them, versus clearing all the levels.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default once

I have ran the map one time to see what it was like....ran it with a pug and was unable to kill two of the bosses plus it took forever.....people left game so we paid plat and we did not finish.....I was disappointed........one pink did drop on this run it was a Chiroptera sword of the dead.....not for me but I wast to jealous lol.....I will stick to the other maps unless maybe I hit the lottery

Engelhard lvl 85 Engelbird lvl 85 Engelbear lvl 85 Engelrhino lvl 85 Engelfox lvl 85 Drahlegne lvl 10 Engeltwink lvl 10 Kitco lvl 10 Engelone lvl 1. And 12 mystery toons <(^_^)>v