Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Current status of SL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo View Post

So I kinda disagree with this thread, the game only gets stale when the player playing looses imaginative ways of playing.
    You gota think fresh, and if your in a quiet guild, then leave, join a more active one :-) It does wonders and really freshens up someones experience with the game ;-)
    - Thanks, Mitchturbo
    True, there are a lot of ways to create more excitement within the confines of the game, especially within the guilds. It does usually depend on the players staying engaged off-line (out of game, e.g. on their guild's forum), and of course a GM that wants to take responsibility to create some "fun". My GM (Crio! <3) runs a weekly lottery, which is fun! There are also contests within the guild, a system that allows players to earn the ability to "check out" custom gear. I agree with this point! A creative GM and active guild roster adds a lot to keep us engaged.

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    As the most complaints are about long pauses between new content updates (and believe me I wish they update it weekly) we should find a way to entertain ourselves while STS doin their part of the job..

After reading all the posts again i thought of solutions which could help us.

If you can help - add yo ways!

Use positive thinkin YO!

Starting off Ardon's points:

1. PvP (endgame + twinks)

2. Lvl alts

3. Farm

4. Help noobs

5. Recruit to guild

6. Run contests
    Appreciate what you are doing FBF,

1. PvP - Unfair for any contest.

2. Leveling alts only lasts a while.

3. Farm, nothing to farm that is rare enough to be worth it (except vanity).

4. Help Noobs, the meaning of noob is someone unwilling to learn and want everything for little effort, so helping them does not accomplish anything. Helping Newbs on the other hand, standing around B* helping the new players can only last for short bursts at a time usually in-between content, and since there is no more content its all we would be doing.

5. Recruiting only lasts so long depending how your guild handles themselves, most casual players are looking for the best guild out there, and have little loyalty towards any other guild that isn't highly active/top spot.

6. Sure its very fun, takes a long time to put together, and the effort does sometimes seem to go unnoticed.

But why run a contest, if the basics that the members of the community have put together, and the opinions of others have no effect on StS to change the way the game is heading.

It's the community that makes the game enjoyable to me, without them the game currently isn't worth playing or only at very short bursts due to new content. Nothing is stable enough to play constantly with the current direction/content.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Default Just before shipyard started

just before shipyard release I started.

The only thing I have noticed is that people drill til the level cap then log out til the next, or come on only to converse then log out after capping. that is a personal choice new content won't fix that.
    Yes those listed are the main categories.
    Farming, pvp,ect. But where it can be expanded upon without dev assistance is within the guild. One thing for instance is you could hold a engineer only pvp guild event. Or even an engineer only gamewide tournament, since the classes are unbalanced in pvp.
    The classes were never meant to be balanced, they all serve seperate funtions, its like taking an olympic runner and expecting him to win a swimming competition. Pvp should be seperated by classes.

Anyways, if you cant find ways to use the system to make it fun, interesting, or even exciting, I don't know what to tell you. But the opportunity is there and there are some in the game that are trying to do just that. Check the forum contests you may find ideas there that can be tweeked on a smaller scale to meet time restrictions for your guild, then again if you aren't interested in playing with your guild, why be in it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    It's the community that makes the game enjoyable to me, without them the game currently isn't worth playing or only at very short bursts due to new content. Nothing is stable enough to play constantly with the current direction/content.
    Agree with you 100% Bod, that it's the community that makes the game fun. So - are we talking then about changes to the game system itself (as opposed to just more and faster and different flavors of content), that enable the players more control over the game?? Example... an IN-GAME system (not offline) for GM's to create contests and quests??

I had a blast during the last week working with the "Can you Conquer Death" contest, because it generated excitement among the community. I met some new players. It was exciting watching the runs. The reason it worked so well was that Kahlua worked her butt off to pull it together, but again, it did require people be on the forum to participate. I know plenty of people are just in-game participants. Wouldn't it be nice if there were more of the collaborative effect of the forum (the "social" aspect) IN-GAME??

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    just before shipyard release I started.

The only thing I have noticed is that people drill til the level cap then log out til the next, or come on only to converse then log out after capping. that is a personal choice new content won't fix that.
    Yes those listed are the main categories.
    Farming, pvp,ect. But where it can be expanded upon without dev assistance is within the guild. One thing for instance is you could hold a engineer only pvp guild event. Or even an engineer only gamewide tournament, since the classes are unbalanced in pvp.
    The classes were never meant to be balanced, they all serve seperate funtions, its like taking an olympic runner and expecting him to win a swimming competition. Pvp should be seperated by classes.

Anyways, if you cant find ways to use the system to make it fun, interesting, or even exciting, I don't know what to tell you. But the opportunity is there and there are some in the game that are trying to do just that. Check the forum contests you may find ideas there that can be tweeked on a smaller scale to meet time restrictions for your guild, then again if you aren't interested in playing with your guild, why be in it?
    Please don't comment on something you obviously have no clue about.

New content will change this, if StS implemented something from the hundreds of suggestions once a month or every few weeks more people would continue playing. Even something as small as cutting down the drop rate for any 'epic' item would increase the amount of players that stay on.

One thing for instance is you could hold a engineer only pvp guild event. Or even an engineer only gamewide tournament, since the classes are unbalanced in pvp.
    Do you know what the meaning of PvP is? Or even the issues that the engi's have? The engi would be power houses and stand a good chance at dominating PvP if the skills worked how they should..

Your ignorance is what we will see more of if this continues on..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MimeRifle View Post
    Agree with you 100% Bod, that it's the community that makes the game fun. So - are we talking then about changes to the game system itself (as opposed to just more and faster and different flavors of content), that enable the players more control over the game?? Example... an IN-GAME system (not offline) for GM's to create contests and quests??

I had a blast during the last week working with the "Can you Conquer Death" contest, because it generated excitement among the community. I met some new players. It was exciting watching the runs. The reason it worked so well was that Kahlua worked her butt off to pull it together, but again, it did require people be on the forum to participate. I know plenty of people are just in-game participants. Wouldn't it be nice if there were more of the collaborative effect of the forum (the "social" aspect) IN-GAME??
    Exactly what I was trying to get at buddy. If these were implemented or run in-game for all to join, not just the members that use the forums the game would of continued/or could continue to improve an exponential amount! Though all the funding/supporting we have done has been put towards new games, not clever ways of getting that kind of hype running.. IN-GAME.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

What else... C'mon dudes! Help me out here.. We can brainstorm them right here and then a StarGuard (Ebalere for ex.) will present em to the 'super-mods'.. Btw I remember the post by Delphina asking for help with ideas - so they r open for our initiatives
    Anyone can suggest contest ideas to the Devs, you just have to organize it and submit the request. I sent Sam a PM asking for a reward for my contest and he replied 100% for it with a pretty hefty prize. That's the good thing about games; they can generate prizes and it costs them nothing.

oh and...

Cahlua
    Cahlua
    Cahlua
    Cahlua

Lol
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Exactly what I was trying to get at buddy. If these were implemented or run in-game for all to join, not just the members that use the forums the game would of continued/or could continue to improve an exponential amount! Though all the funding/supporting we have done has been put towards new games, not clever ways of getting that kind of hype running.. IN-GAME.
    Sam had the social media guys send out twitter and facebook messages linking to the contest on the forum

definitely a start
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Sam had the social media guys send out twitter and facebook messages linking to the contest on the forum

definitely a start
    This has always been the case since back when any event was released

Hmmm and exactly why do you only have one alt, and deleted all your mains/alts? Exactly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

interesting thread...very interesting
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Hmmm and exactly why do you only have one alt, and deleted all your mains/alts? Exactly
    Dang good question, Bod! Kal - explain yourself!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    interesting thread...very interesting
    Indeed. *sips tea*
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MimeRifle View Post
    Dang good question, Bod! Kal - explain yourself!!!
    no desire to level multiple accounts to the cap.
    no items worth farming for.
    new maps had creative maps idea for the most part (1-3) but the armor similarities showed proof that creativity was going elsewhere.
    only way to make money is with plat money, lucky vanity drops, or no-lifing for a few days once a new cap is released.
    didn't like the look of the 'elite' gear for my commando main.
    didn't like that in order to cap with my play time I'd have to use platinum.
    spending too much money on platinum.
    too repetitive.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

new maps had creative maps idea for the most part (1-3) but the armor similarities showed proof that creativity was going elsewhere.
    only way to make money is with plat money, lucky vanity drops, or no-lifing for a few days once a new cap is released.
    too repetitive.
    Well, there I am, then! I am fully informed! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

too repetitive.
    Jackpot! That over powers any competition in my eyes..

One thing I love about Kally... she don't hold back, and tells the truth how and when she sees it.. much love <3
    Last edited by BodMaster; 01-20-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Jackpot! That over powers any competition in my eyes..
    well ya but I was referring to the contest I was hosting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with ardon. I have 4 accs now...they r the only reason why i m still playing. Hope sts will bring more good ideas to the game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

well ya but I was referring to the contest I was hosting
    Obviously..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys!!!! Modern Warfare 3 has my med to lg hands tied up at the moment. Hopefully I will be back later. Take care guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheton View Post
    Hey guys!!!! Modern Warfare 3 has my med to lg hands tied up at the moment. Hopefully I will be back later. Take care guys.
    Hey Baz long time no see we may still be here when you get back