Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XP Event, Starter Bonus and Welcome Back Pack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

yea grinding xp is trash. Most pepople give up around 50's cuz they dont have a way to make gold. Grinding xp isnt that rewarding. Worst part is there is no one to farm xp with so the maps are like 4x harder which ends up people giving up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

I've been saying that players at 50+ are leaving for ages now but until you've made a new character from scratch, no dipping into your main's stash, you will not understand just how difficult it is.
    The tutorial is non-existent for today's game-play and so is decent loot. We all know it.
    New players level up too quickly, by the time they have reached Dead City they have quests for Kraken, Nordr and Shuyal, Tindirin too in some cases.
    The quests that were important when AL was young don't get finished so most of the story of Arlor is lost. The Watch, the Horn of Renew, Gleipnir quests and many more get overlooked.
    The items that can be purchased with tokens and teeth aren't worth running the maps for. Snappy can be bought quite cheaply and nobody really wants the dragonite bar so what's the use of farming teeth?
    Even some of the crafting items has been stopped and trying to loot an undead vial to craft Nekro is nigh on impossible.
    Events seem to be targeted at level 70+ too.
    I'm not complaining by the way, I'm just saying how it is. Maybe new things are coming to give more motivation for new players to stay the course.
    In the meantime, stay indoors, stay safe and keep well. 🥰

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I really like the content of this thread. Allow the new players to get the real excitement and trill about the story and everything. Some of them stopped the game cause they are troubled with the idea of not having high gold, good loots and many more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

P.S. because I can't edit, in my previous post I said new players level up too quickly and they do. I meant to add that maybe slow the levelling down up to level 40 and maybe make the levelling easier further on. I'm sure someone will come up with a good idea on how to make this work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Hi Sts,

I am sure you are aware of the current situation of the world with COVID-19. I know many people will have more time to play AL now that they got no school, work or other commitment.
    I am coming back and I know many will too.
    In contrary many regulars are offline nowdays. Network congestion due to pandemic are affecting most of the single server online game experiences so a lot of players switched to offline games. Sure kids are home but adults are too and #workfromhome and #learnfromhome is a thing.

Thankfully players who been living in arlor are not affected by anything of real world.
    Players who login only for merching, chatting and standing idle dont need any incentives or motivation.

New players who play the game for the 1st time have altogether different issues and there is a dedicated thread on it but I am yet to see devs give a crap about it.