Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rudeness on the rise...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I havent had too bad of rude people when they die. But im getting tired of our 'Mages Curse'. Its sometimes due to the bear not bothering to taunt and be the tank, i have to tank because i use aoe and they all go for me.

People just forget what each class' main role is, and thats why good parties are hard to find.

Bears are supposed to taunt and beckon to tank the damage.
    Birds are supposed to destroy each mob quickly and effectively.
    Mages are supposed to keep the party healed up and support the bird with killing the mobs.

But nowadays, the mage does a lot of tanking because the bears dont do their jobs properly, im bored with the mages curse, its the cause of nearly all my deaths on my alt dex mage. I was running a nice 5k kills with about 40 deaths before ao3. By the end of ao3 with all quests but cyber done, i had 7k kills with almost 250 deaths..... Damn them alien gunners!

The Official Yawn Train, created and owned by me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

word!
    ign: tigerlilyy 59 full in mage | aaesthetics 45

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zamu View Post
    I havent had too bad of rude people when they die. But im getting tired of our 'Mages Curse'. Its sometimes due to the bear not bothering to taunt and be the tank, i have to tank because i use aoe and they all go for me.

People just forget what each class' main role is, and thats why good parties are hard to find.

Bears are supposed to taunt and beckon to tank the damage.
    Birds are supposed to destroy each mob quickly and effectively.
    Mages are supposed to keep the party healed up and support the bird with killing the mobs.

But nowadays, the mage does a lot of tanking because the bears dont do their jobs properly, im bored with the mages curse, its the cause of nearly all my deaths on my alt dex mage. I was running a nice 5k kills with about 40 deaths before ao3. By the end of ao3 with all quests but cyber done, i had 7k kills with almost 250 deaths..... Damn them alien gunners!
    That's why mages are somewhat well known in this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    I've been pugging lately and I am often shocked by how rude people are to mages lately. It had gotten better around sewer times probably because it took so long between campaigns that you got to do tons of runs with a lot of the same faces. That said, I don't want to just rant but would like to point out a few things:

1) if you die and I'm fighting, shouting "WTH! Rez!" within a split second of dying won't make me come revive you any faster.

2) if you are running ahead of the group or out running into random rooms and you die I will not leave the group to go find you. Stick with the group.

3) shouting heal at me won't make my skill recharge any faster. There is a cool down period on heal. If it comes between me spamming health pots so I won't die and healing you, I'll keep myself alive then heal you. Health pots exist for a reason. Yes, I heal. No, that is not the only thing I do.

4) if you are rude to me and curse at me I will not ressurect you if you die. Petty? Sure. But I'm not your mommy who puts up with your rudeness. Sorry, not gonna happen.

And this isnt that big of a deal but why in the world do so many people just lay there if we both die? I'll Respawn at the entrance if I'm the only mage. It just makes me scratch my head that so many peoPle will lay there dead waiting for me to get there and resurrect them.

Okay, I feel better. Pugging is definitely taking its toll.
    Not gonna make a long post again.
    Panda, they takin' you for granted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Just do the same to them. Start saying "aggro, taunt, root"!
    Lol I'm totally doing that.

PokechmpLV53 AnubbydudeLV16
    To66: [||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||] | Proud leader of Zer0 | If you decide not to do the right thing, then you are deciding to do wrong -Pokechmp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    The big problem here is that as an MMO gets more and more popular (well, at least more mature; popular I am not more sure; a good test is the number of active players at any time point), the quality of player that comes in also declines. The forums are also a reflection of that - a higher percentage of posts end up as troll posts or people who in some cases appear to have failed English class.

I have a theory that as a game gets more mature, the amount of good players is either relatively fixed or rises at a much slower rate than the growth in number of players. So percentage-wise, as a game gets more mature, you'll get a higher percentage of bad experiences. Plus many of the good players leave at some point, either due to boredom, frustration, or just life. The PvP forums are a good example ... there are more complaints than ever before about rushers.
    true true
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz
    AL: Crestmage -- Crestwar

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Just do the same to them. Start saying "aggro, taunt, root"!
    This is what I used to do before I got pregnant and became all hormonal and stuff! I'm telling you, I feel like screaming, "who raised you? Wolves?" (because we all know it couldn't be the civilized squirrel)
    im civilized thank you very much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I remember when I played a mage....good times.....ppl would shout "REV!!" And I would stand on them spamming celebrate. Lol. Only did it for the rude ppl thou. >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Bahahaha omg cheers Pandamoni.
    We basically made the same thread ish,
    On two different games, I love it!

If you wrote this, and are having these feelings on this subject, you must read my thread.
    Just substitute the word engineer for mage, and itll look so right.(for most of it)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...llow+engineers

Oh btw, I am out of Thanks lol. Will send you one when it lets me.
    Last edited by ArtStar; 03-26-2012 at 01:31 AM.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I'm too good as a mage lol! Nobody complains with me =p EXCEPT WITH PVP those coppers... -_-

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Totally agree with you, in Pvp birds and bears demand I heal them so i started telling them they had to say please and sorry for being rude because I had no obligation to use my skills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by griffinfan View Post
    Totally agree with you, in Pvp birds and bears demand I heal them so i started telling them they had to say please and sorry for being rude because I had no obligation to use my skills
    Ur under no obligation to use ur skills? I hope ur joking. If not you'd be booted out of 100% of my games because I'm under no obligation to play with people who don't use their skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

IMO the right thing to do when you go down is to say rev plz to make sure the mage sees that you are down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Ur under no obligation to use ur skills? I hope ur joking. If not you'd be booted out of 100% of my games because I'm under no obligation to play with people who don't use their skills.
    *clarification* Im not going to revive someone who demands I do it or come back to the beginning of the map to revive them when we are near the boss, I find that incredibly inconsiderate since its their fault for falling behind or trying to take on something the group skipped (vampires in mount fang)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Rudeness pffffffft. I act rude to people who act rude to me. Cause it's their language, they don't understand me in my language. I'm good speaking rudenian :3
    not but in all cereal talking back rudely is the way they understand what you are saying, it's like an accent that is seen on all of
    the languages.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hate when I revive people and if there is another mage in the group and I die they just run ahead leaving behind even though I died 5 feet away......
    Pocket Legends: Docvoodo Level 50 Enchantress
    Deadeyevoodo Level 6 Dexchantress

Star Legends: Docvoodo Level 9 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think that there should be a potion you can purchase from Ellie for like 10000 gold that revives you........
    Pocket Legends: Docvoodo Level 50 Enchantress
    Deadeyevoodo Level 6 Dexchantress

Star Legends: Docvoodo Level 9 Engineer