Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What would you like to see added in the game next year

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Ya I would also like to see fox and even rhino getting all sort of buffs and even enormous buffs just ban them from PVP. They just don't fit in classic pvp, even if they people just want to use them as exploitation in pvp rather than evaluating their real potential and use, nothing else. Facts.
    I would argue I play fox as a legitimate class and don't just use it as what you would call an "exploitation". I would be very upset if my main class was banned from player vs player.
    Last edited by Congeniality; 04-18-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    I would argue I play fox as a legitimate class and don't just use it as what you would call an "exploitation". I would be very upset if my main class was banned from player vs player.
    They don't need to be deleted but they do need to be nerfed. Take the global 20% Damage and dodge away then put it on endgame skills L.10 instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Ole waug is just upset his op bird isnt as op as fox and rhino. Nah im jk but i dont like the idea at all because many people in the game play the class legitimately and have been doing so since rhino and fox came out.
    You should've gone for the head...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spullllll For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    They don't need to be deleted but they do need to be nerfed. Take the global 20% Damage and dodge away then put it on endgame skills L.10 instead.
    Fox has been the universal weakest if not second weakest class in PvP since it's release. The fox is strong this current cap because of the nature of the sets at endgame being very focused towards damage with little to no armor, not the class itself. I don't speak for that lv20 fox nonsense years ago that was good.

With that said, I still wouldn't say that fox is even the strongest class this cap in mythic PvP (easily behind bird), and would conservatively rate it the second worst in honor PvP (maybe ahead of rhino). I think the class is objectively underpowered in respect to the original three, but enjoy the gameplay enough to use it regardless.

I would strongly caution against nerfing fox in any way. I can't speak for rhino because I myself don't play it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Fox has been the universal weakest if not second weakest class in PvP since it's release. The fox is strong this current cap because of the nature of the sets at endgame being very focused towards damage with little to no armor, not the class itself. I don't speak for that lv20 fox nonsense years ago that was good.

With that said, I still wouldn't say that fox is even the strongest class this cap in mythic PvP (easily behind bird), and would conservatively rate it the second worst in honor PvP (maybe ahead of rhino). I think the class is objectively underpowered in respect to the original three, but enjoy the gameplay enough to use it regardless.

I would strongly caution against nerfing fox in any way. I can't speak for rhino because I myself don't play it.
    (Pve)I was playing my 105 rhino to day trying to cap him in this event.. with a few def buff he could become a really fun tank in like a really hard dungeon /raid. Warrior more like a berserker a lot of damage and tank we’re rhino just the way his skill are can pally tank and can be really fun if twink a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

It depends on level range. Endgame wise 76-110 during their respective caps sure. You can say that they were possibly the weakest if not second weakest classduring those eras, but to say globally is beyond a stretch. There were foxes who did 16 back then that were doing remarkably well. Then you had the likes of 22 and 27 foxes like swagfox and Godyr. Now you enter L.30, where it wouldn't be a stretch to say that foxes during the 2013-2014 PvP era in 30 was arguably top 3 if not top 2 behind mages, which they beat 70% of the time. I'll mention some old foxes in the form of Vvolfgang and utimateimpact, both of which were high on the leadersboard list with a 3 or above KD ratio. You had 35 foxes such as drdodge and drcombo, both went on LB with stable KDs. L.40 cutter fox during 2013 was possibly top 2 class behind warbird, warbird during this time was the undisputed best class. A key player who was a 40 fox was stereotypes, was on LB for a short while and he definitely didn't have any trouble competing even against plat bears.

Now we are entering a grey zone with 50+, I'm not mentioning 45 because every class had the ability to do well there. 50 shotty fox was actually pretty decent, i mained 50 fox for a while and it was possibly the most fun I'd have with the class even still to this day. 51 foxes were a grey area also but there were some who did good with it. I forgot what @Fourm Name: Hook L.51 reaper fox was called but he was a player i saw personally fighting against dex and str bears. I can go as far to say that foxes could also compete in 56 and 61 by referencing yoshi at 56 and divakitty at 61.

This is where things go down hill though. Foxes above 66 just didn't work perfectly. I've seen plenty of good 71 foxes but it all ended with them always having bad match ups, which i blame on how the skills on foxes are set up. I can't speak directly for you at 76 but if my experience doing fox at 30 says anything then i know you had a hard time. Foxes back then just took more skill and demanded more time. A newbie fox wasn't going to do well with the class until they learned both the basics and advanced, but if you look at fox now you wouldn't believe it to be the same class from 5+ years prior. 22 foxes 1 shots everything, even 27s. Take away enchants in 30 and you'll see that 1 hand sword foxes can now easily go pound for pound with bears, just imagine what they'd do with 2hand instead. Mere pull darts is now enough to kill mages with ease it seems like. The question is what exactly changed?

I'll tell you what changed. Foxes recieved a 20% DMG and 20% Dodge buff that effected the class globbaly. It went from easily the most skilled and difficult class to learn now to a class that's easier to learn than beck stomp bear, I'm speaking for twinks behalf on this not endgame Had this nerf just been directed towards endgame there would never be any complaint.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 04-20-2020 at 02:57 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post: