Thread: what exactly happens if you report someone?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default what exactly happens if you report someone?

I was checking through cs earlier today and noticed 2 people there swearing in almost every sentence they typed. I mean Iunderstand most people do swear. Including me. But in game, I'm sure there are a lot of people that dont like that or is very young and shouldn't be exposed to that kind of language. Thought about reporting both but didn't because I didn't think it will do much. I've also see people say that they have been reported before and nothing happened. So I'm wondering what exactly happens?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

When you report someone, you can choose from three options, depending on what you are reporting them for. You need to provide as much detail as you possibly can because if you don't, it will be much harder for the administrators to find and catch the culprit.
    Once you have added a reason why, click, submit. A message will come accross your screen saying "you have reported (nameofplayer)"
    The administrators will read your report and ban the player if it needs to be done.
    Hope I helped!

Senior Member Fallen_Chisk_Angels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

well im pretty sure sts looks for the bigger things like hacking or spamming.
    reporting somone for language isnt gunna get them banned for that one report, they prob have to be reported so much that sts is fed up with them so then thats when they banned them. plus sts probably gets thousands of reports so it takes a while for them to check every single report.

this is just my opinion.
    hope this answered ur question

Senior Member Fallen_Chisk_Angels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Chisk_Angels View Post
    well im pretty sure sts looks for the bigger things like hacking or spamming.
    reporting somone for language isnt gunna get them banned for that one report, they prob have to be reported so much that sts is fed up with them so then thats when they banned them. plus sts probably gets thousands of reports so it takes a while for them to check every single report.

this is just my opinion.

hope this answered ur question
    darn, i always get "scamming" confused with "spamming" lol. but yah i ment Scamming*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Hey there

Great question. Don't worry too much about reporting people. All your doing is highlighting a potential issue to the dev team. They will investigate and take the appropriate action if any.

Likely outcomes range from no action required, monitoring a player if it looks like they could potentially be likely to do something serious, banning for a day or two to highlight a type of behaviour will not be tolerated, through to more lengthy bans or even lifetime bans for more serious stuff.

Please don't be worried about reporting people as the dev team (STS) actively encourage players to highlight any potential issues, as it allows them to deal if required. It allows players to highlight issues instantly and then get on with enjoying their game play.

Reporting in game can be done via the report button or by emailing them. Also if your worried about any posts in the forums they can be reported using the red triangle at the bottom of each post, or again by emailing them.

It's helps makes the game a safer place for our younger players and keeps the standards high, if everyone takes time to highlight undesirable behaviour. STS normally take a day or two to act as they get a few reports daily.

Don't forget if you dont want to read a particular player's repeated bad language or spam selling you can simply mute them and get on with enjoying you game.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Redbridge; 01-28-2012 at 03:27 AM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbridge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Keep in mind STS people work during texas time and also normally not on weekend.

Sometimes it takes 1-3 days to ban a person. A bit too long for my taste.
    But they'll always look into all those reports so dont forget to add comment to help them.

Also dont forget that STS workers/devs do have unknown avatars roaming the game.
    And sanction can be faster if they are directly witnessed.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Great answers. Thanks. But I'm not saying I want them banned. I think they deserve a slap in the face, sort of speak, for talking like that. I never reported them two so, they'll be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SVTcobra:552576
    Great answers. Thanks. But I'm not saying I want them banned. I think they deserve a slap in the face, sort of speak, for talking like that. I never reported them two so, they'll be fine.
    Sadly we or sts staff cant slap them lol
    Light sanction in sts games goes around 3 days ban minimum, can go higher till perm ban for multiple bad actions in past or serious problem.