Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok I need help. So im actually asking PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Ok I need help. So im actually asking PL.

Lately ive been stuck with Insomnia. For those who dont know what that is, its when your tired, but cant sleep. And im on depression meds and they worked for a while but i noticed yesterday that no matter what I did i couldnt even get a hint of happiness and I havnt been feeling like myself. Im not ready to go back to school in fear of breaking down and about 5 times today I had dark thoughts. Real dark. And thats not supposed to happen when your on depression meds.
    I dont know what to do, and its getting to hard to handle with no one on my side.
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54309&dateline=1320877821 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1320877821</a>
    !!Spam my Reputation points and the Thanks button!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I've had Insomnia lately as well but mine is because of stress.

For the depression I recommend a visit to the shrink. It might sound unpleasant but talking about problems actually helps and relieves depression. And he is able to give u stronger meds.

I've had myself as well some depression but I fought my way from it by admitting the depression to me, my family and to my friends. They won't judge u they will help u.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Contrary to what your saying, some depression meds wether wrong does, wrong type, or chemical imbalances can and will cause an even deeper depression to set in which can lead to even more complications. My suggestions for you is to remain on your meds and call the Dr. that prescribed them to you in the first place so that you can set up a second evaluation to explain what is going on. There are also crisis center hotlines that you can call if you ever feel like your slipping to deep into your darkness. Depression can be a very debilitating thing if left unresolved.

No matter what keep your head up :-) it gets better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    I've had Insomnia lately as well but mine is because of stress.

For the depression I recommend a visit to the shrink. It might sound unpleasant but talking about problems actually helps and relieves depression. And he is able to give u stronger meds.

I've had myself as well some depression but I fought my way from it by admitting the depression to me, my family and to my friends. They won't judge u they will help u.
    Right. Ive never thought or tried that!(sarcastic)
    ....I am not myself....
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54309&dateline=1320877821 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1320877821</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I dont really know you very well but Im sorry about the depression
    I would try small things that are relaxing! See a movie, read a book, lay on grass and watch clouds! (assuming its a nice sunny day )
    Think about all the possibilities!!! Start over in PL or take a break completely. Forget people, forget the past, forget everything, except what matters to you and makes you happy.

I'm happy that you brought it somewhere because thats a step out of it
    Last edited by Swampy; 01-29-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Hey!
    Check out------->Soloing Guide
    In the works! 2K15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Leli! Im here for ya girl, anything you need ask away.
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
    I dont really know you very well but Im sorry about the depression
    I would try small things that are relaxing! See a movie, read a book, lay on grass and watch clouds! (assuming its a nice sunny day )
    Think about all the possibilities!!! Start over in PL or take a break completely!

I'm happy that you brought it somewhere because thats a step out of it
    Ive lost interest in everything :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Leli, if you're depressed, I suggest this: Hang around those who make you happy. Even to the point where it bugs them, LOL! I've been in depression stages too, at around 14-15, I believe? Meds didn't quite work for me, but socializing did the trick. If you're with people who make you feel good, that's the only cure you'll need for the depression. Yeah, I know there is the possibility you will become dependent on them to make you feel happy, but if done right, they should make you feel confidant and happy even when they are not around.

Good luck! Pm me if you need anything
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Leli, if you're depressed, I suggest this: Hang around those who make you happy. Even to the point where it bugs them, LOL! I've been in depression stages too, at around 14-15, I believe? Meds didn't quite work for me, but socializing did the trick. If you're with people who make you feel good, that's the only cure you'll need for the depression. Yeah, I know there is the possibility you will become dependent on them to make you feel happy, but if done right, they should make you feel confidant and happy even when they are not around.

Good luck! Pm me if you need anything
    I lost contact with literally everyone who makes me smile and not fake it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leli View Post
    I lost contact with literally everyone who makes me smile and not fake it
    You can't reconnect? You'd be surprised at how welcoming people are; you just need to take the initial step!

Also, everyone? Including me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

You can't reconnect? You'd be surprised at how welcoming people are; you just need to take the initial step!

Also, everyone? Including me?
    I cant reconnect and not including you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

@Leli Well, start off with me and move up the ladder as you grow more confident

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

@Leli Well, start off with me and move up the ladder as you grow more confident
    :/...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Take a stroll down memory lane...

Remember all the good times in your life and in PL

Start off your new day like if it was new years. Make changes to your habits and whatnot.

A day being sad is a day wasted and your going to regret it later on

There's always something to be happy about... Your alive! and you have friends on here who cares.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Hey Leli

I'm Red and Parth (Apollo) has smelly feet so don't 'reconnect' too closely.

Seriously, though just having some fun would be a start. I've just had 4 months of sleep deprivation with our middle child and its a killer. I'm not sure how i did basic daily functions some days.

That combined with all the other stuff can't be much fun. My suggestion would be to do stuff to relax, exercise, walks, music, books, etc. sleep whenever you can at first and try to get into some sort of pattern when you can.

Remove the things from your life that stress you out, of reduce them. and surround your self with fun things and keep smiling.

Exercise and diet is pretty important, and lots of water to clean out your system too.

PS Parth doesn't have smelly feet really.... or I don't think he does...
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Hi Leli

We’re sorry to hear you’re going through a difficult time.

Depression is a serious condition and it’s important to talk about it.
    Below are some links you may find helpful. As with all medical advice however, your doctor would be your best resource for help.

We truly value you as part of the community and hope that even in a small way, the fun you find in Pocket Legends may bring a smile to your face.

http://www.befrienders.org
    http://www.webmd.com/depression/guid...-is-depression
    http://www.webmd.com/depression/default.htm
    http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind...epression.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

The Bronxman will help you right away. First of all, do NOT go see a shrink. They love to open you up like a can of sardines. Also, don't do drugs. Drugs merely mask the problem; they don't solve the problem.

So, what do you do?

All kidding aside, insomnia comes from something unresolved being on your mind. When you are in bed, don't think of sleeping, just sleep. If that does not work, ask yourself what you are thinking about. The answer to that is your unresolved condition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Tank is absolutely right. you need to let your doctor whats going on/how youre feeling. The meds may need to be changed or the dosage adjusted. Sleep deprivation can have extemely serious side effects...ask lila she can tell you about a person she knows and what he went through due to lack of sleep. It isnt something to be taken lightly.
    MasterNaora, level 66 Bear...NaoraMage, Level 65 Mage...NaoraBird, Level 66 Angry Bird...Guildmaster of ONE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leli View Post
    Lately ive been stuck with Insomnia. For those who dont know what that is, its when your tired, but cant sleep. And im on depression meds and they worked for a while but i noticed yesterday that no matter what I did i couldnt even get a hint of happiness and I havnt been feeling like myself. Im not ready to go back to school in fear of breaking down and about 5 times today I had dark thoughts. Real dark. And thats not supposed to happen when your on depression meds.
    I dont know what to do, and its getting to hard to handle with no one on my side.
    u should think happy thoughts and count sheep if u wanna sleep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Hey Leli,

I haven't met you but my heart goes out to you. Some tricks that have worked for me in the past is having a night time ritual when I'm unable to sleep. A hot bath, surrounded by candles, followed by chamomile tea (or warm beverage of your choice) usually does the trick for me. Also, reading really helps as long as you're not one of those that have to finish a book in one sitting; but if that's the case maybe choose a book that would engage you but not engross you. A Beautiful Universe is my go to book.

Depression, whether mild or severe, affects ALL aspects of your life and lack of sleep is definitely not conducive to overcoming it. I'll have to second Fryce's suggestion about getting active. Exercise releases natural endorphins in your body and not only improves physical well-being but mental health as well.

Many of my friends have been diagnosed with bi-polar and/or depression, some were able to overcome it holistically and others overcame it by finding the right Rx and dose. Both ways are acceptable, it's about what works for you, always remember that.

Namaste