Thread: Need extra map for vanity and legendary drops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need extra map for vanity and legendary drops

Playing star legends becomes boring once a player has reached maximum level and it makes us not to log in a lot due to the fact that there is nothing more exciting to do. I was thinking that maybe if u could create a map exclusively for players who have reached max level wherein we could farm for vanity and legendary items would be much appreciated. Mobs in that map should consist of the different bosses found in the first eight maps. I am sure more players would want to play more and lvl up real fast to reach max lvl if this kind of map is available in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I think this is a cool idea, but it could not only be for max lvl characters, it could be for above 35, to give more players the chance to experience this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeletonlord For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I'm out of 'thanks', but totally agree

This could be the same-layout-map, which will be refilled with updated mobs when next lvl-cap is ready

Can call it 'Carnival' or something like that to be in line with the lore of the game. I.e. we, the mercs, capture some of our enemies alive and bring them there as to some weird deadly zoo-zone (huge orbital base) - that's why so many different creatures inhabit the place
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The idea why it's for max lvls only is to give players a motivation to reach max lvl. I have noticed that some players are quite lazy to do xp runs already once they are able to use the new epic gears, is why :-)

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

A full map just to get new vanities? And when You get them? Harvest for more, that nobody will buy 'cause the others already have it? One-two hour fun. It's better to ask for some more vany drops on the old dungeons. The idea is not bad, just don't give fun for long time. No XP, only vanities. After a few hours every hilvl players inventory is filled with useless vanys, that everyone else also have, and again there wouldn't be a point to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Oooh...I dont know about this one. I've been capped for a while as well, and your idea seems good.
    But, this would completely destroy the sl economy. People will continually farm those maps over and over and over again.
    If your idea gets implemented, im 90% sure it will be a pay to play map. Oldies would rage, newbies would spend $$$.
    Prices would fall, then when all prices gets low, people wont bother much to farm those maps.
    I think currently, SL is fine for now. The new update is coming soon (not tomorrow, but. soon.). I get that people might get a tad bit bored (if not, myself). I simply just stay away from the game for a few days, do something else *outside the digital world*, then when I come back it feels fresh. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put down your idea (I would be one of those who would farm it over and over hehe). I just feel it would make more ppl rage than do good.

Cheers!

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Default Its good idea

But I have to agree. It would crush the economy on vanities from farming unless the drop rate could be controlled at its current level without doubling the drop rate. I mean look at the legendary guns, every 4-5 days miners luck has been DoTD, and people are farming them. Soon a nova will sell for under 10k because everyone will have one, and a guttersnipe will sell for under 1k. And then nobody buys miner's luck because spending 15-30 plat for a chance at getting a cool looking worthless gun just isn't worth it.

I'm just saying, there is a small community that likes the merching aspect of the game, maybe even more than the rest of the game. I am one of them. Any of these things thatdec change frequency of drops or reduce rareness of items, I think, should be carefully considered before implemented, otherwise just make all items white and call them all common items and save the trouble of even having rarity levels.

How rare is rare if everyone has one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All good guys. I m not saying that vanities and legendaries should drop easily like epics drop in Voleria. There is no fun in that. The idea is to be challenged by harder to kill mobs/stronger mobs in anticipation of getting something good in the end just as we anticipate or look forward to getting a nova blaster in shipyard.

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

If the vanities would be the ones that You can buy from Platinum Store (like Bandana Gasmask, Cultist Hood etc..) it would be cool, so players who can't buy Platinums can also get those stuffs, and maybe a veeeeeeery-very rare cat drop (maybe the Mecha-look black helmet or Blast Shield) would also be acceptable, but it wouldn't worth to make a map for 3-4 new vanities.
    Of course I'm talking about items that can't be traded, just like if they were bought in the Store.
    And the rarity should be like their prices are in the Store. 50% to get a Gasmask, or Killah Kitty and maybe 20% to a Picket Sign, 5% to Cultist Hood or Vular Headsquid and 1% to Blast Shield at a full dungeon, not at a drop.... 0.01 to X-Ray. XD
    On this way it should be good.
    Tradeable vanys would kill the fun.
    The other %-s are to get yellow, green or purple items of ANY lvl, not restricted to your character's lvl. So a lvl40 could get green lvl10 drops too.
    Last edited by Feke; 02-01-2012 at 01:35 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Feke For This Useful Post: