Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Blast still glitched?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I have to confess I have no idea what you guys are talking about when it comes to pvp. Haha.
    However, I have a concern with nerfing down blast shot in pve. Idk how long this blast shot "bug" has been around but in pve birds are not overpowered IMO. I have high level toons in all classes btw (however my main is a bird). I'm worried that any changes in blast shot will make us weaker and make the high level maps even more difficult than they are. If any class is OP (in pve) I feel like it's the mages. They can deal massive aoe, have lots of armor, and are relied on to rev and heal. If you reduce the birds ability to damage the mage will become even more OP in comparison. If it's been like this from the get go and hasn't been a problem I don't see why it's a problem now all of a sudden (I'm very well aware of all the "change is inevitable part of the game" speeches, lol).
    1. Birds are mainly quick killers. They deal damage quickly to mobs, specializing in lots of damage to single targets. They also have pretty fast skill cool downs. That's why there is a cool down.

2. How are mages supposed to be good support if they can't do good aoe to debuff, freeze, and knock away mobs? How are they supposed to reach you to heal and rev you if they can't do that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    1. Birds are mainly quick killers. They deal damage quickly to mobs, specializing in lots of damage to single targets. They also have pretty fast skill cool downs. That's why there is a cool down.

2. How are mages supposed to be good support if they can't do good aoe to debuff, freeze, and knock away mobs? How are they supposed to reach you to heal and rev you if they can't do that?
    What if the reason birds have been so good at the single targets (bosses) is because of this blast shot "bug"? An end game bird has about 70 crit while buffed. If blast shot was doubled before then 70% of the time this "extra" attack was also being doubled. That's a lot of damage to take away and since it has been, will birds even be the best at single target damage? If not then we won't be getting aggro at the boss or kiting anymore and then the mages will be relied on to buff, debuff, heal, rev, clear trash mobs and get aggro at the boss. Also, they can always heal and rev me because I'm standing behind them as far away from the mobs as I can get like I should be. haha.

My main point is the pve mechanics were well balanced before but I'm inexperienced with pvp so I can't speak for that.

Also, if this is the thread where feedback is being consolidated I'd suggest moving it to the feedback section. Being stuck in the pvp section it's somewhat hidden and the feedback will generally be slanted towards the pvp side.