Thread: The Pocket Lottery

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Pocket Lottery

I'll be running a more traditional lottery with a weekly Sunday draw. This is a non profit lottery, all of the takings will be allocated as prize money.

The first draw will be the first sunday after the release of the 1.3 update - expected 16th August, the first draw is therefore planned for Sunday 22nd August.

You pick 3 numbers from 1-15, you cannot pick 2 or more of the same number, they all have to be different.

Each set of numbers costs 1000 gold to enter into the prize draw.

On draw day, I will generate 4 numbers from 1-15 using the ingame /roll command for people to watch, 3 main numbers and 1 bonus number.

Odds and prizes are as follows:-

3 matching numbers
    Full jackpot (455:1)

2 matches + bonus number
    20k (152:1)
    2 matches
    5k (14:1)

1 match + bonus number
    2k (14:1)

While odds may seem high, they are based on a single entry, the more you buy, the more chance you have. Depending on how successful the lottery is I will tweak the rules (and therefore the odds) to give reasonable chances. I anticipate that around 30 people may play, hopefully buying a total of 200-300 entries, meaning the jackpot will usually roll over, allowing for some substantial wins.

A portion of the takings will be set aside for non jackpot wins, the jackpot will therefore never be equal to the takings.

Always check your numbers to see if you have won, I will be using the thread search facility to find matching numbers to allocate prizes, but I have not tested the feasibility of this in large threads with multiple matches.

The lottery will be run by a character specifically made for it (PocketLottery), anyone wishing to play/purchase should add him, tickets must be placed via this thread and not ingame, gold for tickets is to be paid to PocketLottery ingame.

Below is an example ticket purchase, please follow it exactly.

Your ingame name.

Numbers - must be written as 2 digits, without spaces to show up in the thread search. If your numbers don't show up in the thread search I have to find winners manually. Your number list must be 'Number Bulleted', do this by clicking on 'Go Advanced' and making it into a numbered list.