Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Bullying New PvP'ers

  1. #1
    Banned JackOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Bullying New PvP'ers

    Nowadays, I see a lot of bullying taking place in PvP. I do rush..a lot...BUT, never players that are new to PvP. I am starting to realize that our PvP community is slowly declining in players. I rush people that stand a chance against me, and no, I am not bragging about my skills, just saying I fight people that have more expensive gear, positive KDR's etc. People that look like they can put up a fight. It really does make me sad though when a "noob" joins a PvP match and everyone jumps on him for easy kills. These are people that have no clue what they're doing, a lot of the new players I see can barely speak English and are wearing Common, Uncommon, or Rare armor sets and pumping skills points into what they think looks the coolest. They are just trying to have fun and we turn them away from Pvp'ing because we are so mean to them. I just think it would make a lot of people feel good if they helped these people out, whether it be gold, skill allocation help, or help in finding the right gear. Please take what I have just said into consideration and think about it next time you see someone like this.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JackOak For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Senior Member MightyMicah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,099
    Thanks
    807
    Thanked 793 Times in 440 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    I like it ALOT. I've helped so many new guys to pvp and such because I'm such a firm believer in this idea. What I hate is when New guy joins and cuss me out. There's nothing I hate more than when people do that and here's why:

    You are bringing reality into an itouch game. A fake world. (also against sts rules)

    My new policy is this: if they cuss at someone, anyone, I kill them.

    We can have a new life in Christ! Or through the hidden mushroom in world 2.6...

  4. #3
    Senior Member Sryyoulose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    With a soccer Ball
    Posts
    3,184
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 227 Times in 169 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    When I first started pvp (back when sewers were around) I just died once stayed dead and talked =D it was fun good community to bad my kdr was 50-200 something but I didn't care I had help from zerious <3 and blitz <3 though blitzes help required many deaths.... But no rushers besides liljop so it didn't matter! Also koreancake however everything was done and it was fun^! So people need to stop rushing new players... It's bs idc if you rush everyone equally or if you rush back when rushed first just don't bs off of noobs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

  5. #4
    Forum Adept Buffedbear Pl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    I give you my full support

    I was rushed so many times when I first started and I had no idea what was going on. I thought it was actually fun, too, I always like a challenge. I really didn't care that my KDR was 200:1000, and it wasn't until I had an experienced player teach me how to PvP and helped me for weeks. I remember how special I felt and kept asking, "Why choose to help me?" to myself. It would be truly awesome if every new player to PvP could have an experience like that.



  6. #5
    Member Zenidal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackOak View Post
    It really does make me sad though when a "noob" joins a PvP match and everyone jumps on him for easy kills.
    This just happened to me I really hate it when this happens.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Whirlzap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Infinity
    Posts
    4,589
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 622 Times in 322 Posts
    Blog Entries
    35

    Default

    It's called noob farming and it always happens in Twink PvP.
    Especially around 10-15.
    A player sees that another player doesn't have good gear and starts rushing.
    I even tried this with my low level twink dressed in noob gear and got rushed a few times by a person that I thought was a good PvPer.

  8. #7
    Forum Adept JTZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Forest Fight
    Posts
    382
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Yeah the rushing of new pvpers is really bad nowadays, i know this cuz on my twink i put on broken sword and shield and people rushed me :/
    XoreJTZ, TwinkHater, TheVile, YouDoYouDie, Noobaholic, IBlameLag, Haxore, Eroxah, SodaandMentos, MentosandSoda, TypicalNoob, LittleHotDog, Pweeze
    Teaming is a Sin

  9. #8
    Senior Member Fyrce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sanctuary
    Posts
    2,840
    Thanks
    1,232
    Thanked 247 Times in 175 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Sorry, but the place I usually find the nastiest and/or dirtiest mouthed people in any game is in pk.


    The Search Function is your friend!


  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    yeah, especially the level 30-40 pvp community. its garbage. i use a voodoo bear for pvp at that level, and people are really rude, rush all the time, etc etc. so i resorted to rushing and leaving myself, hahahahah (true). anyway my kdr is like 3-1 in pvp and 5-1 ctf with my voodoo bear lv 37. my lv 10 pvp bear is aweeesssommemee though, usually no problem taking people down from level 12-15 easily (prob because i have about 2m in gear [yeah i realize this helps, the only ones who can beat me are those with a founders helm and/or shield]). anyway 35 pvp especially is ruined in my eyes, i really dont like playing it. too many people full of themselves thinking theyre the best and can just own newbs or players that are hard to use (such as voodoo bears, they think its an easy kill). sigh the mages in 35.... make not so fun

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to guesswho For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    Banned Livemau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Offline?
    Posts
    1,237
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 101 Times in 74 Posts

    Default

    Same here. I am still recovering from that horrible kill death ratio now that I can kinda defend myself. Here comes revenge rushers!

  13. #11
    Forum Adept prouzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ahhh why should i tell you :/
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 27 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    When noobs brought me down to half hp.. i will start to kill them

  14. #12
    Junior Member PersianLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prouzi View Post
    When noobs brought me down to half hp.. i will start to kill them
    Lmao ! whats the point of saying this ? seriously ?

  15. #13
    Junior Member PersianLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackOak View Post
    Nowadays, I see a lot of bullying taking place in PvP. I do rush..a lot...BUT, never players that are new to PvP. I am starting to realize that our PvP community is slowly declining in players. I rush people that stand a chance against me, and no, I am not bragging about my skills, just saying I fight people that have more expensive gear, positive KDR's etc. People that look like they can put up a fight. It really does make me sad though when a "noob" joins a PvP match and everyone jumps on him for easy kills. These are people that have no clue what they're doing, a lot of the new players I see can barely speak English and are wearing Common, Uncommon, or Rare armor sets and pumping skills points into what they think looks the coolest. They are just trying to have fun and we turn them away from Pvp'ing because we are so mean to them. I just think it would make a lot of people feel good if they helped these people out, whether it be gold, skill allocation help, or help in finding the right gear. Please take what I have just said into consideration and think about it next time you see someone like this.
    PVP in pl means nothing dont bother yourself ! Bunch of kids wants to have good kill point let them have it cuz this game for kids like 12 years old kids !

  16. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    352
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 78 Times in 42 Posts

    Default

    With all politeness, PVP, in my own simple understanding, is where players can engage other players in combat. If you have experienced other games, you will agree with me that the atmosphere in a PVP environment is dictated not by players but by the mechanic of the map dungeon, which explains maps such as ctf, deathmatches, tournmants, etc. That being said, nobody can blame the mode of players in a map if the map doesn't provide other means to victory. Closing in on the non-ctf pvp maps in PL, the said maps are unstructured at this point to say the least, there are no conditions to victory other than kill each other. Which brings me to my point, the map leaves the players their own interpretion to victory, hence, rushing, hence, 1on1, hence, bullying, etc., it's not their fault, the game allows these things to happen provided no violation in TOS are made. Nobody can say 1on1 is better than rushing, who gives them the right to judge when the map itself is unstructured? to end my post, there are numerous threads similar to this and I think this is addressed not to the players but the devs, because by creating a structures pvp map, you address this, and not by pleading, ranting, or negotiating with fellow players. I hope, I brought in a different angle on this matter. Thank you.

  17. #15
    Junior Member PersianLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    With all politeness, PVP, in my own simple understanding, is where players can engage other players in combat. If you have experienced other games, you will agree with me that the atmosphere in a PVP environment is dictated not by players but by the mechanic of the map dungeon, which explains maps such as ctf, deathmatches, tournmants, etc. That being said, nobody can blame the mode of players in a map if the map doesn't provide other means to victory. Closing in on the non-ctf pvp maps in PL, the said maps are unstructured at this point to say the least, there are no conditions to victory other than kill each other. Which brings me to my point, the map leaves the players their own interpretion to victory, hence, rushing, hence, 1on1, hence, bullying, etc., it's not their fault, the game allows these things to happen provided no violation in TOS are made. Nobody can say 1on1 is better than rushing, who gives them the right to judge when the map itself is unstructured? to end my post, there are numerous threads similar to this and I think this is addressed not to the players but the devs, because by creating a structures pvp map, you address this, and not by pleading, ranting, or negotiating with fellow players. I hope, I brought in a different angle on this matter. Thank you.
    You have good points there ! Agreed !

  18. #16
    Banned JackOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    With all politeness, PVP, in my own simple understanding, is where players can engage other players in combat. If you have experienced other games, you will agree with me that the atmosphere in a PVP environment is dictated not by players but by the mechanic of the map dungeon, which explains maps such as ctf, deathmatches, tournmants, etc. That being said, nobody can blame the mode of players in a map if the map doesn't provide other means to victory. Closing in on the non-ctf pvp maps in PL, the said maps are unstructured at this point to say the least, there are no conditions to victory other than kill each other. Which brings me to my point, the map leaves the players their own interpretion to victory, hence, rushing, hence, 1on1, hence, bullying, etc., it's not their fault, the game allows these things to happen provided no violation in TOS are made. Nobody can say 1on1 is better than rushing, who gives them the right to judge when the map itself is unstructured? to end my post, there are numerous threads similar to this and I think this is addressed not to the players but the devs, because by creating a structures pvp map, you address this, and not by pleading, ranting, or negotiating with fellow players. I hope, I brought in a different angle on this matter. Thank you.
    Read my post again.

  19. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    352
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 78 Times in 42 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackOak View Post
    Nowadays, I see a lot of bullying taking place in PvP. I do rush..a lot...BUT, never players that are new to PvP. I am starting to realize that our PvP community is slowly declining in players. I rush people that stand a chance against me, and no, I am not bragging about my skills, just saying I fight people that have more expensive gear, positive KDR's etc. People that look like they can put up a fight. It really does make me sad though when a "noob" joins a PvP match and everyone jumps on him for easy kills. These are people that have no clue what they're doing, a lot of the new players I see can barely speak English and are wearing Common, Uncommon, or Rare armor sets and pumping skills points into what they think looks the coolest. They are just trying to have fun and we turn them away from Pvp'ing because we are so mean to them. I just think it would make a lot of people feel good if they helped these people out, whether it be gold, skill allocation help, or help in finding the right gear. Please take what I have just said into consideration and think about it next time you see someone like this.
    I read it the first time. You presented the following: 1. That you rush people who you know that stand against you, 2. That there are newbies who are just looking for fun, 3. That PVP players is slowly declining in players, and 4. That there are people who are mean to the newbies. If I have to assume that you created your post with coherence in mind, then you must be saying that: PVP is declining because there are mean people who rush newbies (who can't speak English?). If I have to base it to your thread title, I would assume by mean people, you are referring to bullies. That being said, please refer to my initial reaction. This is how I understood your post and reacted accordingly, If I incorrectly misinterpreted it, then disregard it. Thank you.

    PS: I said in my post "with all politeness", because I did not attempt to rebutt your statements even though I disagree in every word completely. I simply presented a different way of looking at it.

  20. #18
    Banned JackOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    I read it the first time. You presented the following: 1. That you rush people who you know that stand against you, 2. That there are newbies who are just looking for fun, 3. That PVP players is slowly declining in players, and 4. That there are people who are mean to the newbies. If I have to assume that you created your post with coherence in mind, then you must be saying that: PVP is declining because there are mean people who rush newbies (who can't speak English?). If I have to base it to your thread title, I would assume by mean people, you are referring to bullies. That being said, please refer to my initial reaction. This is how I understood your post and reacted accordingly, If I incorrectly misinterpreted it, then disregard it. Thank you.

    PS: I said in my post "with all politeness", because I did not attempt to rebutt your statements even though I disagree in every word completely. I simply presented a different way of looking at it.
    Stop trying to sound intelligent, you're only making yourself look stupid with your horrible grammar. This thread was not made to hear you disagree with it. I was only showing my feelings towards how these people are treated.

  21. #19
    Senior Member Sryyoulose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    With a soccer Ball
    Posts
    3,184
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 227 Times in 169 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Stop flaming each other everyone has there own view mine being I stay still for rushers until... I die then I get my kill/kills back usually 2 if they keep rushing... They get on my "bad side" and I will not give them another kill! And as always I warn them to stop however really low twinking is different from 55 pvp!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

  22. #20
    Senior Member zappaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    where its at
    Posts
    600
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    You are absolutely correct
    I see this all the time and unfortunately it has always happened and prob will keep happening
    I must agree with lawl though that sometime these "noobs" rush not knowing how some people pvp and even though they do 0 dmg people kill them and use that as an excuse. I personally think that the second you kill someone like that ur k/d is fake. I mean seriously it's like the saying "go pick on someone your own size"

    Edit: unless ur like me who joins lvl 17 games as a lvl 11 lookin for a fight lol
    =)

    AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pvp Bullying?
    By Pvpdexbear in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 01:16 PM
  2. Top PvP'ers?
    By XghostzX in forum PL Player vs. Player Discussion
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 09:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •