Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullying New PvP'ers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Bullying New PvP'ers

Nowadays, I see a lot of bullying taking place in PvP. I do rush..a lot...BUT, never players that are new to PvP. I am starting to realize that our PvP community is slowly declining in players. I rush people that stand a chance against me, and no, I am not bragging about my skills, just saying I fight people that have more expensive gear, positive KDR's etc. People that look like they can put up a fight. It really does make me sad though when a "noob" joins a PvP match and everyone jumps on him for easy kills. These are people that have no clue what they're doing, a lot of the new players I see can barely speak English and are wearing Common, Uncommon, or Rare armor sets and pumping skills points into what they think looks the coolest. They are just trying to have fun and we turn them away from Pvp'ing because we are so mean to them. I just think it would make a lot of people feel good if they helped these people out, whether it be gold, skill allocation help, or help in finding the right gear. Please take what I have just said into consideration and think about it next time you see someone like this.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JackOak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I like it ALOT. I've helped so many new guys to pvp and such because I'm such a firm believer in this idea. What I hate is when New guy joins and cuss me out. There's nothing I hate more than when people do that and here's why:

You are bringing reality into an itouch game. A fake world. (also against sts rules)

My new policy is this: if they cuss at someone, anyone, I kill them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

When I first started pvp (back when sewers were around) I just died once stayed dead and talked =D it was fun good community to bad my kdr was 50-200 something but I didn't care I had help from zerious <3 and blitz <3 though blitzes help required many deaths.... But no rushers besides liljop so it didn't matter! Also koreancake however everything was done and it was fun^! So people need to stop rushing new players... It's bs idc if you rush everyone equally or if you rush back when rushed first just don't bs off of noobs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I give you my full support

I was rushed so many times when I first started and I had no idea what was going on. I thought it was actually fun, too, I always like a challenge. I really didn't care that my KDR was 200:1000, and it wasn't until I had an experienced player teach me how to PvP and helped me for weeks. I remember how special I felt and kept asking, "Why choose to help me?" to myself. It would be truly awesome if every new player to PvP could have an experience like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JackOak View Post
    It really does make me sad though when a "noob" joins a PvP match and everyone jumps on him for easy kills.
    This just happened to me I really hate it when this happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

It's called noob farming and it always happens in Twink PvP.
    Especially around 10-15.
    A player sees that another player doesn't have good gear and starts rushing.
    I even tried this with my low level twink dressed in noob gear and got rushed a few times by a person that I thought was a good PvPer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Yeah the rushing of new pvpers is really bad nowadays, i know this cuz on my twink i put on broken sword and shield and people rushed me :/
    I'm lowkey mediocre at this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Sorry, but the place I usually find the nastiest and/or dirtiest mouthed people in any game is in pk.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yeah, especially the level 30-40 pvp community. its garbage. i use a voodoo bear for pvp at that level, and people are really rude, rush all the time, etc etc. so i resorted to rushing and leaving myself, hahahahah (true). anyway my kdr is like 3-1 in pvp and 5-1 ctf with my voodoo bear lv 37. my lv 10 pvp bear is aweeesssommemee though, usually no problem taking people down from level 12-15 easily (prob because i have about 2m in gear [yeah i realize this helps, the only ones who can beat me are those with a founders helm and/or shield]). anyway 35 pvp especially is ruined in my eyes, i really dont like playing it. too many people full of themselves thinking theyre the best and can just own newbs or players that are hard to use (such as voodoo bears, they think its an easy kill). sigh the mages in 35.... make not so fun

11. The Following User Says Thank You to guesswho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Same here. I am still recovering from that horrible kill death ratio now that I can kinda defend myself. Here comes revenge rushers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

When noobs brought me down to half hp.. i will start to kill them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prouzi View Post
    When noobs brought me down to half hp.. i will start to kill them
    Lmao ! whats the point of saying this ? seriously ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nowadays, I see a lot of bullying taking place in PvP. I do rush..a lot...BUT, never players that are new to PvP. I am starting to realize that our PvP community is slowly declining in players. I rush people that stand a chance against me, and no, I am not bragging about my skills, just saying I fight people that have more expensive gear, positive KDR's etc. People that look like they can put up a fight. It really does make me sad though when a "noob" joins a PvP match and everyone jumps on him for easy kills. These are people that have no clue what they're doing, a lot of the new players I see can barely speak English and are wearing Common, Uncommon, or Rare armor sets and pumping skills points into what they think looks the coolest. They are just trying to have fun and we turn them away from Pvp'ing because we are so mean to them. I just think it would make a lot of people feel good if they helped these people out, whether it be gold, skill allocation help, or help in finding the right gear. Please take what I have just said into consideration and think about it next time you see someone like this.
    PVP in pl means nothing dont bother yourself ! Bunch of kids wants to have good kill point let them have it cuz this game for kids like 12 years old kids !

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

With all politeness, PVP, in my own simple understanding, is where players can engage other players in combat. If you have experienced other games, you will agree with me that the atmosphere in a PVP environment is dictated not by players but by the mechanic of the map dungeon, which explains maps such as ctf, deathmatches, tournmants, etc. That being said, nobody can blame the mode of players in a map if the map doesn't provide other means to victory. Closing in on the non-ctf pvp maps in PL, the said maps are unstructured at this point to say the least, there are no conditions to victory other than kill each other. Which brings me to my point, the map leaves the players their own interpretion to victory, hence, rushing, hence, 1on1, hence, bullying, etc., it's not their fault, the game allows these things to happen provided no violation in TOS are made. Nobody can say 1on1 is better than rushing, who gives them the right to judge when the map itself is unstructured? to end my post, there are numerous threads similar to this and I think this is addressed not to the players but the devs, because by creating a structures pvp map, you address this, and not by pleading, ranting, or negotiating with fellow players. I hope, I brought in a different angle on this matter. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    With all politeness, PVP, in my own simple understanding, is where players can engage other players in combat. If you have experienced other games, you will agree with me that the atmosphere in a PVP environment is dictated not by players but by the mechanic of the map dungeon, which explains maps such as ctf, deathmatches, tournmants, etc. That being said, nobody can blame the mode of players in a map if the map doesn't provide other means to victory. Closing in on the non-ctf pvp maps in PL, the said maps are unstructured at this point to say the least, there are no conditions to victory other than kill each other. Which brings me to my point, the map leaves the players their own interpretion to victory, hence, rushing, hence, 1on1, hence, bullying, etc., it's not their fault, the game allows these things to happen provided no violation in TOS are made. Nobody can say 1on1 is better than rushing, who gives them the right to judge when the map itself is unstructured? to end my post, there are numerous threads similar to this and I think this is addressed not to the players but the devs, because by creating a structures pvp map, you address this, and not by pleading, ranting, or negotiating with fellow players. I hope, I brought in a different angle on this matter. Thank you.
    You have good points there ! Agreed !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Read my post again.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I read it the first time. You presented the following: 1. That you rush people who you know that stand against you, 2. That there are newbies who are just looking for fun, 3. That PVP players is slowly declining in players, and 4. That there are people who are mean to the newbies. If I have to assume that you created your post with coherence in mind, then you must be saying that: PVP is declining because there are mean people who rush newbies (who can't speak English?). If I have to base it to your thread title, I would assume by mean people, you are referring to bullies. That being said, please refer to my initial reaction. This is how I understood your post and reacted accordingly, If I incorrectly misinterpreted it, then disregard it. Thank you.

PS: I said in my post "with all politeness", because I did not attempt to rebutt your statements even though I disagree in every word completely. I simply presented a different way of looking at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I read it the first time. You presented the following: 1. That you rush people who you know that stand against you, 2. That there are newbies who are just looking for fun, 3. That PVP players is slowly declining in players, and 4. That there are people who are mean to the newbies. If I have to assume that you created your post with coherence in mind, then you must be saying that: PVP is declining because there are mean people who rush newbies (who can't speak English?). If I have to base it to your thread title, I would assume by mean people, you are referring to bullies. That being said, please refer to my initial reaction. This is how I understood your post and reacted accordingly, If I incorrectly misinterpreted it, then disregard it. Thank you.

PS: I said in my post "with all politeness", because I did not attempt to rebutt your statements even though I disagree in every word completely. I simply presented a different way of looking at it.
    Stop trying to sound intelligent, you're only making yourself look stupid with your horrible grammar. This thread was not made to hear you disagree with it. I was only showing my feelings towards how these people are treated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Stop flaming each other everyone has there own view mine being I stay still for rushers until... I die then I get my kill/kills back usually 2 if they keep rushing... They get on my "bad side" and I will not give them another kill! And as always I warn them to stop however really low twinking is different from 55 pvp!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

You are absolutely correct
    I see this all the time and unfortunately it has always happened and prob will keep happening
    I must agree with lawl though that sometime these "noobs" rush not knowing how some people pvp and even though they do 0 dmg people kill them and use that as an excuse. I personally think that the second you kill someone like that ur k/d is fake. I mean seriously it's like the saying "go pick on someone your own size"

Edit: unless ur like me who joins lvl 17 games as a lvl 11 lookin for a fight lol
    =)

AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior