Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview 6/17/2020 | Awakening Extravaganza Returns!

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #81
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Thanks for the feedback as always! We realize that it can be an unpleasant surprise when prices on things like this go up, but we have to make adjustments for the market as time goes on.
    We do hope you all understand our effort to keep events fun for you all and keep the Arlor economy healthy. :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danishahmed View Post
    If they made tradables 10k gems will not be the only thing u can't afford later!!

Everything will be op
    What?? Please rephrase and explain it lol.. I read it 5 times but cannot understand this.. What does this have to do with anything that I cannot afford later? No offense but the difference between 10k and 30k is quite a lot LEL
    A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

U are missing the point. It's done so that RICH ppl don't get RICHER. They are the ones who make most of awaken gems not poor ppl.

Imagine 5 rich ppl with 100m each and poor ppl with 10m each in 2 months rich ppl have 300m each and poor ppl have 30m. See whos gaining more???
    Even if they set the event this way, nothing changes.
    And i completely disagree, that this event wont make rich people richer.
    If the base price is set at 30k. Dont you think it will rise more in future?
    And for example, if the price gets 100k for normal gems and 200k for elite.
    It will be hard to awake stuff, which will directly impact the gears and stuff (everything related to awakening).

Even if rich wont make super normal profit, they'll definitely make a big chunk of profit, because the logic is simple. More the price you have larger the quantity it can be hoarded, because inventory space wont be an issue this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Thanks for the feedback as always! We realize that it can be an unpleasant surprise when prices on things like this go up, but we have to make adjustments for the market as time goes on.
    We do hope you all understand our effort to keep events fun for you all and keep the Arlor economy healthy. :-)
    But what about players that do not have 10-50m to pre-hoard gems? They will have to purchase those gems for a lot more gold later :/, I’d say it is quite unfair for those among us that do not have that much gold to spend at the moment. Please, decrease the price of the gems, maybe 8k bound and 10-12k tradeable would be fair enough I think. Isn’t it?

(I am not speaking about making gold, just talking for the less rich players among us).
    A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadPolice View Post
    What?? Please rephrase and explain it lol.. I read it 5 times but cannot understand this.. What does this have to do with anything that I cannot afford later? No offense but the difference between 10k and 30k is quite a lot LEL
    I mean if they make tradable gems 10k then gems will not be the only thing you can't afford. Why? Inflation. Ofcourse difference is not much if u see one gem. Imagine 10000x gems difference is 200m. It'll only make a poor person 200m more poorer.

Well welll it's just better for game in short!
    Ty for your time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I mean if they make tradable gems 10k then gems will not be the only thing you can't afford. Why? Inflation. Ofcourse difference is not much if u see one gem. Imagine 10000x gems difference is 200m. It'll only make a poor person 200m more poorer.

Well welll it's just better for game in short!
    Ty for your time.
    It is totally not better, if you keep it 10k, the price will not go to 80-100k for a single gem, you may not understand this. But this means the gap of elite gems also increases. Which brings an inflation. I do not know how you people can say this is a good thing, this increases the gap between rich and poor.

Let’s see what will happen with the elite gems during this event, after it we speak again and you will understand why this is NOT a good idea at all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

An easier alternative would be:

1.) Make 10k gem kits bound in store(from now on) *Tradable or Not*

“But then elite gems will lose value because regular gems 10k forever”

This is true, so let STS have ‘Awake Extravaganza’ event 4-6 times a year or every 2 months. Your problem solved.

That way, Elite Gems are still special(they won’t lose value) and the New Players can still awaken their gear at a low price, when ever they want including already existing players.

If you think this idea is horrible, I assume you wanted to hoard these gems. So later on, you can sell them and make more than double if not triple the profit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

U are missing the point. It's done so that RICH ppl don't get RICHER. They are the ones who make most of awaken gems not poor ppl.

Imagine 5 rich ppl with 100m each and poor ppl with 10m each in 2 months rich ppl have 300m each and poor ppl have 30m. See whos gaining more???
    Rich players don't only get rich via hoarding awakening gems, they got many way to get richer... But now the problem is, because the trade-able awaken gems are 30k, its not as profitable for rich players to horde them. so lets say 2 month later normal awaken gem got 50k, when before in normal time after 2 month of awaken event blue gems price is around 15k... so you see, for rich ppl buying normal gems for 50k wont be anything much, but would hurt for poor ppl if they have to spend 50k for a blue gem! you are trying to not make rich ppl richer but you are just lifting a stone and pounding in your feet!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Axalan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Atleast they can gain something than noting .with so much price rise they won't even get back wt they sold there gears for ..so it's more rip now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post

This is true, so let STS have ‘Awake Extravaganza’ event 4-6 times a year or every 2 months. Your problem solved.

That way, Elite Gems are still special(they won’t lose value) and the New Players can still awaken their gear at a low price, when ever they want including already existing players.

If you think this idea is horrible, I assume you wanted to hoard these gems. So later on, you can sell them and make more than double if not triple the profit?

On a second note, this event isn’t even suppose to be a profitable event... this event is specifically for “awakening you gear” so you could become stronger...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I get your point, but yet, this is an event everyone loves, and it should not be a common event. Because then the item prices will only increase more and more, therefore this idea is bad. An alternative is having 3-5 times a year just regular gems in auc... OORRRR MAKE IT THE WAY IT WAS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Now suppose some players didn't participate in this event and didn't hoard the cheap bound gems. How will this help them ? They will have to spend ridiculous amount of gold to buy those gems from auction later. And Rich people will get richer anyways. They don't need awake event to get richer.. But there are some people who can't farm maps..they mainly made money by investing some gold in this event, but now that option also seems off.. Now there is no pirate booty, no awake event profit.. So the only option to make gold is to grind in maps(other than buying plats)..Great.. Also Rip to all those people who sold all their valuable items for cheap, to hoard gems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axalan View Post
    Rich players don't only get rich via hoarding awakening gems, they got many way to get richer... But now the problem is, because the trade-able awaken gems are 30k, its not as profitable for rich players to horde them. so lets say 2 month later normal awaken gem got 50k, when before in normal time after 2 month of awaken event blue gems price is around 15k... so you see, for rich ppl buying normal gems for 50k wont be anything much, but would hurt for poor ppl if they have to spend 50k for a blue gem! you are trying to not make rich ppl richer but you are just lifting a stone and pounding in your feet!
    Finally someone who understands my point, thanks for clarifying!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Well there are like 10 more things that are more profitable than awakens. You'll just have to find out. If ppl want to make gols they should use brain. Make sure the step you take is what u really want.

Gems is like tiktok of this game. Glad sts is fixing it =.=

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadPolice View Post
    I get your point, but yet, this is an event everyone loves, and it should not be a common event. Because then the item prices will only increase more and more, therefore this idea is bad. An alternative is having 3-5 times a year just regular gems in auc... OORRRR MAKE IT THE WAY IT WAS
    I understand everyone is upset, just give it a try... btw the real verdict on why everything is so expensive now is ‘Gold Loot’. If they nerf that. Prices of items will go down... So that elite gems will go back down to 25k or lower... like how they use to be..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    Wonderful update.

I've skimmed through the thread and I've seen someone mention that Awake Gems will go over 100K. They will probably still go higher than 30K, but there's a point when it simply isn't worth it, so I doubt anyone would splash 100K+ on 1 Blue Gem.

I think though that it's about time that it becomes slightly easier to craft the Blue Gems from farming. Maybe increase their drop rate, or make the recipe require 3 parts instead of 5.

Maybe make large incense fragments droppable in high endgame maps too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    Wonderful update.

I've skimmed through the thread and I've seen someone mention that Awake Gems will go over 100K. They will probably still go higher than 30K, but there's a point when it simply isn't worth it, so I doubt anyone would splash 100K+ on 1 Blue Gem.

I think though that it's about time that it becomes slightly easier to craft the Blue Gems from farming. Maybe increase their drop rate, or make the recipe require 3 parts instead of 5.
    Wonderful comment, you been selected to the top 5 of most smartest players of AL . Congratulations .

Of course not...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I don't understand one thing. What's wrong if someone makes profit from this event ?? Is it a illegal way ? Most of the ultra rich people who are happy now with this changes are those same people who got rich from this awakening event itself.. What's wrong if a poor player spends 10mil in this event and gets 30mil profit ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

not bad but a little bit late but its ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pinklips View Post
    I don't understand one thing. What's wrong if someone makes profit from this event ?? Is it a illegal way ? Most of the ultra rich people who are happy now with this changes are those same people who got rich from this awakening event itself.. What's wrong if a poor player spends 10mil in this event and gets 30mil profit ?
    All this can be defined in one word: Selfishness.