Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Guild Tax, Guild Bank, Guild Level-up Mechanic, and Guild Skills" Suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What if people leveled them to 30 automatically by the higher leveled characters wouldnt that mess up the game? And ruin forest haven dark forest and balefort and maybe even lost expedition. I don't know if I read y the thread wrong but that came into my mind when reading this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

if make all officers then ull have insane regen O.o

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Hey guys thanks for responding. I know the guild skills have balance issues but these are just examples to support the spine of the idea which are guild tax, guild level up, guild skills, and guild bank. On the bigger picture, I simply attempted to establish their connection (practical application) and, hopefully, opened up viewers' perception of its potential. It can be done, it will be fun, and to a certain degree, it does make sense (right?) LOL. Anyway, thanks again. Looking forward to guild-related improvements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

One thing, a person could list... idk but some expensive item in cs for only 5k or something then a player could buy same item for 2500 if it was automatically reduced 50% (obviously removing the cs listing). But other than this these are some great ideas!
    Last edited by Taipan; 02-29-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Beautiful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    hello,

i'll keep it as simple and brief since i know a lot have already been said about this (or not...), but hear me out, i'll try to link each idea to one another:

definition:

1. Guild level-up mechanic is the ability to level-up a guild to acquire specific guild skills.
    2. Guild skills are passive/active buffs and npc's that will become available once the guild level requirement is met.
    3. Guild tax is a member's contribution of his/her xp per monster kill to the guild xp.
    4. Guild bank is an npc in the guild hall that functions similar to cs (will expound).

rationale

the idea is to foster guild spirit by creating a goal that can be best achieved by a collective

mechanic
    *please note that the figures and skills that will be suggested are only examples and are there to support the skeleton of the idea

on guild level-up mechanic...

Tier-3 guilds have the ability to level-up their guild up to 30. It is similar to a toon's level-up system, below are the xp required to level up:

Level 0: 10,000 level 11: 200,000 level 21: 600,000
    level 1: 15,000 level 12: 220,000 level 22: 700,000
    level 2: 20,000 level 13: 230,000 level 23: 800,000
    level 3: 30,000 level 14: 240,000 level 24: 900,000
    level 4: 40,000 level 15: 260,000 level 25: 1,000,000
    level 5: 50,000 level 16: 280,000 level 26: 1,200,000
    level 6: 60,000 level 17: 300,000 level 27: 1,400,000
    level 7: 70,000 level 18: 330,000 level 28: 1,600,000
    level 8: 80,000 level 19: 350,000 level 29: 1,800,000
    level 9: 90,000 level 20: 400,000 level 30: 2,000,000
    level 10: 100,000

on guild skills...

Every 5 guild levels, there will be corresponding guild skills that will be learned, below are the guild skills:

Level 5: Summon/teleport members! Skill (actie, must be in the same instance), pve only
    if there are multiple members in a dungeon or towne in an instance, they can summon each other instantaneously next to each
    other. This is to allow co guildies to catch up in an already running game, or, save him/her from tight spots. Cool down of 5 minutes.

Level 10: Overcharge npc! Skill (npc)
    once this skill is learned, a new npc will appear beside the discounted potions npc in the guild hall. By talking to this new npc, you can liquidate
    your loots on a slightly higher rate compared to if you liquidate from the menu screen.

Level 15: Dynamic duo! Skill (passive), pve only, possibly ctf?
    If two members are within 8m radius from one another in a dungeon, they will have the fastest run speed. Once the skill is passively activated, the
    effect will be broken when the other member dies, leaves the game, or goes out of the 8m. Once broken, the skill will not be re-activated until a new
    game is made. You will know which member is linked with another member via a light blinking line connecting the two.

**scaled guild level bonus: Level 17: Guild bank npc (will expound)
    a mysterious journeyman is looking for worthy guilds that have promoted significant camaraderie to reach this far. He will be found near the guild stash to aid the serious group of players in their journey to awesomeness (lol!).

level 20: Officer's morale booster! Skill (active), pve only
    any guild member within 12m radius from the officer will have +20 h/s and +20 m/s. Once activated, the skills lasts until the officer leaves the
    dungeon or the dungeon is cleared. If the officer dies, the skill will still be in effect. There is a 5 minute cool down before an officer can use the skill again. The buff doesn't affect fellow officers.

Level 25: Guild master's war cry! Skill (active), pve only
    any guild member within 12m radius from the guild master in any dungeon (pve), will automatically receive 10% increase in their int,dex, and
    str. (will not activate if member is using any elixir, this skill stacks with existing buffs). Once activated, the skill lasts until the gm leaves the
    dungeon or the dungeon is cleared. If the gm dies, the skill will still be in effect. Whenever the gm's hp goes down to below 50%, the increase in buff rises from 10% to 15%, will revert back to 10% when hp goes back up to more than 50%. There is a 5 minute cool down before a gm can use this skill again. The buff doesn't affect the gm.

Level 30: Perpetual solidarity! Skill (passive), pve only
    if the guild has more than 50% of their members online, all members will receive a passive buff: +50 armor

on the guild tax...

Each member will have the option to contribute portion of their xp to the guild's xp in order to level-up the guild. Each member can adjust the level of their contribution from 0% up to 100% of their xp. For example, if a player chooses to contribute 50% of his xp, then if he kills a monster that gives 1xp, 0.5 goes to his personal xp meter, and 0.5 goes to the guild's xp meter. Likewise, if a player chooses 0%, if he kills the same monster, he gets 1xp and nothing goes to the guild xp. A capped character automatically contributes 100% of the xp he is supposed to get to the guild xp.

The rate of contribution (0%-100%) will appear below the names of each guild member in the guild list. The guild xp meter (and numerical) will appear below the guild master's name.

On guild bank...

A guild bank is an npc that functions similar to cs (since this is my thread, i'll call this npc, bogart, the mysterious journeyman! Lol). So bogart is the npc guild bank. All members can list their items there. Unlike artie, bogart doesn't require guild members to purchase guild bank slots, it's ulimited, which means you can post all your trash pinks to bogart. In addition, there will be no listing fees if you list it under bogart, and the duration can be as short as 3 hours up to 1month. It's basically a bazaar. However, there is a little story behind it, bogart is artie's friend, they attended the same school of merchanting, artie wanted to help the entire populace of alterra while bogart, being the more picky of the two, only specializes on guilds who have showed enough dedication. And so, the two merchant gurus constantly talk to each other to share their experiences, which also means bogart knows the prices in cs at all times. Since bogart is aware of the prices, he purposely lowered his conditions compared to artie in exchange for one thing...that a guild member cannot dictate the price of his posts under him. Bogart will compute it and automatically adjust it based on the the current cs prices of that particular item. To be more specific, bogart, being the guild bank, will always list the items 50% lower than the lowest in cs for the last 48hours. Apparently, underneath his shadowy persona lies a good samaritan who wants to help those who wants to be helped based in their actions. The proceeds of the sale can be redeemed by the guild member who posted it later on after bogart sold them to the young aspiring buck in the guild. (anyway, i know this is not the best suggestion out there, but overall, my opinion is that there should be a guild bank where the mechanic works for itself, less player interaction, to avoid politics, guild drama, begging, and to promote in-game entrepreneurship as well ^_^).

There you go, i'm sorry if these things have already been suggested in the past. Feel free to approve, quash, trim down, mutate, interpret, or ignore this idea :d. All in all, i wish to see more guild related improvements in pl :d. Thank you.

Ps: Guild wars!!!...also edited summon skill

i love u sooooooo much i hope all of these ideas will be added!!!!!!!!!!
    PL:Sharkknife (77 bird in <Rated M>), Ubertwink (Bes 56 in <FFA>/PL Minuteman, Wrathfuluber (One Of The Last 1st Gen Wrathfuls)||| AL: Depend-46 (proud member of <Mag(nub)num>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Ha! Necrooooo! :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love these ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Worth the necro, some ideas are pretty good.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Even so, a necro is still a necro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    I think these are some of the best ideas ever discussed on forums!
    Couldn't agree more , you should emial this to spacetime studios!

Foreverloveus

Wow!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Please don't Necro -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

How many times can this thread get necroed?

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    How many times can this thread get necroed?
    They are sweet ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

OMG, +100!! I really wish sts would introduce this! Amazing ideas and I can tell you spent a lot of time with this, you deserve this to be put in. Please sts!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GELLIO77 View Post
    if make all officers then ull have insane regen O.o
    ^ Too true.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Sts, PLEAZE! Im begging you guys! Listen to us! And if these happens, the people would pay plat to get to tier 3!

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Sushen Kaw

Wow these ideas are amazing......!