The random "Act of Kindness" (AOK) is a 'Thank You" system driven by the community, for other gamers of the STS gaming franchise including PL,SL and DL and the forums. Players will be nominated by "you" and given awards (Intangible awards shown below) in order to recognize their random acts of kindness throughout the game. As there are many individuals in-game who do not get credit for their good deeds, this will serve as a way to commend their names through the forums. If you have ever seen someone who deserves credit, or wanted to thank someone but didn't know how, this is your chance. Nominate their names!
"A random act of kindness is a selfless act performed by a person or people wishing to either assist or cheer up an individual person or people."
AOK's main purpose is to serve as a way to bring together a community of individuals who are constantly helping one another. May it be through small ways or guidance/mentoring etc, without asking for anything in return. These individuals usually do not get recognition for their actions. This will be for everyone in the community, from lvl 10's- end game levels, and from every STS game including the forums: Star Legends, Pocket Legends and Dark Legends. This will not
be a "premium" group/ so anyone can be nominated.
Please read through the guidelines below thoroughly on how to nominate someone.
Currently the only recognition offered is having their names listed on the Random "AOK" thread here (individuals with multiple
nominations will have an icon next to their listed names
). I have also created a Signature icon and a AOK icon as a reward (It can be added on next to/onto your signature or can replace it). There are also recognition rewards for multiple nominations. I'll be planning on making more icons for the different games, RedRyder has also offered to help make awards.
I understand that many in-game players may not be as active/do not know about the forums.
Non-Forumers are still eligible to be nominated for AOK, if you wish to, you may tell the nominee
in-game that they have been listed in our AOK thread. Starting slowly is good for this thread,
spread the word and let this system grow
What qualifies as an AOK:
What does not qualify as an AOK:
- Random gifting items that are useful to the reciever (or who are in need of the item) and has not asked for the item.
- Guiding others through different maps/or guiding them as they level up
- Helping someone with real life issues
- Guiding others through with quests
- Giving credits/gold to people in need (not to beggars in townes)
- Giving vital/important information to strangers/newbies to the game
- Guiding someone in PvP without them asking for help
- Assisting someone in PvP who have less people in their team (or are losing)
- Guilds that go out of their way to help others (Only AOK founders/team may nominate guilds)
- Nominating yourself/alts
- Anything that is not a "RANDOM" act will not qualify
- Guiding/helping others because they asked you to
- Returning gifts/items previously given to you by the reciever
- Informing ones you have helped about AOK recognition rewards
(To send a PM, click one of the AOK Team Member's name below in the "AOK Team section" and select Private Message)
If you would like to create an award (intangible rewards e.g) signatures/logos/banners/stickers) send me a PM with the image and a description, creators will get credit for their work.
-Please do not use the images listed here for anything other than AOK or without prior consent from the artists. If you would like to use the images, please send the AOK Team a PM and we will ask the artists if they will allow it. Only listed nominees may be able to use them on their signatures.
There will be AOK fans/supporters icons coming out soon which anyone can use freely. The images/artwork are all owned by the artists and used by AOK with their permission.
AOK Listed Icon
AOK Supporter Sticker
AOK Honorary Listed (Multiple nominations)
To be an "AOK' team member, please send in a application, of why you would be suitable to be a Team Member.
1. Receiving nominations via PM
2. Checking eligibility (either check the OP for the guidelines/if it seems legit for you)
3. Relaying names end of each week back to me so I can list them on the OP
4. Answering any questions on AOK/guidelines through thread
5. Nominating Guild for AOK
6. (If you're good with photo-editing software) Edit AOK nominee's signatures to add the AOK icon
7. Updating requirements/thread etc.
Title your PM as "AOK Team Member Application" or it will not be read.
- The AOK Team
AOK Supporters Group