Thread: Before posting a content complaint, read this :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Default Before posting a content complaint, read this :]

Used the search bar to look up something when I accidentally came across a thread started by a fellow AoA with a respectable argument on opinions about certain changes to the game. Unfortunately it was locked by Justg due to uncivil talk in the thread. BUT his response at the end of the thread made complete and honest sense to why they do what they do since a lot of people think the devs avoid answering things like this.

"Obviously a lot of passion in this thread. I need to remind you to please keep it civil, both to each other and to us. We're busting our tails to make a great game that you can play for free while trying to make a successful business out of it. We've read through everything here, gonna lock it now.

- g"

If you want a direct link to his post in the thead, click here

Look, he's right. What's in bold is absolutely 100% correct to why they do what they do to the game. It's a business. They make as much content as they can free but they need money to keep the business alive and also make a living. It might not be the best, ultimate, epic content always with every release but nobody is perfect and not everyone can be pleased. If they were money hungry like a lot of other games don't you think they would charge to download the app + pay to get rid of adverts blocking half your screen + every campaign costing plat to gain access to? The game can be played free from lvl 1-66 and its your choice to buy the extras. They don't shove it down your throat to BUY BUY BUY PLAT with constant in game pop ups and daily reminders. Running 2 games and creating a 3rd is no easy task. Once DL is finished with beta and it's up-and-running smoothly, upkeep will probably be back to normal with great constant updates in all 3 games like everyone wants. So go easy on em will ya?

P.S. please don't turn this thread into something uncivil. Opinions can be voiced of course but just keep rants to a minimum. If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all .

EDIT: BAM! look at this post by samhayne! I know it was posted recently in the same section and you already read it but its another great quote by a dev that pretty much answers A LOT of questions going around about new and upcoming content.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey gang,

I get a pretty steady stream of questions asking about when the next content and level cap raise will be coming for Pocket Legends and/or Star Legends. It is still a little ways out. We know new content is always enjoyed - especially when it rocks. So, we're taking time to make sure it rocks. We're also taking time to make Dark Legends super awesome. While we talk mad skills sometimes, we're not a 1,000 person company - more like 35. All of us are working hard for your business! Thanks as always for your continued support
    Last edited by Ihavenokills; 02-18-2012 at 01:44 AM.
    System & others love me ;] U jelly?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ihavenokills For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Wow what a great post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Great thread.

It's even more difficult for STS because unlike other games houses, they also actively encourage and act on feedback from the community, some of which could be worded better sometimes, but they do listen and balance their business model best they can.

I haven't always agreed with some of the decisions they've made but, to be fair, I'm not the one that has to speak to the bank manager and pay all the staff every week. Running a business is a huge responsibility to your customers but an even larger one to all the staff you employ.

Keep up the good work.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i say i must agree with every thing here i havnt been playing for a long time nor do i really pay attention to the updates that r happening but what i do know is that with out a doubt the sts family has brought us 2 almost 3 great games for free where to even be the best you dont need a drop of real money and thats the type of games i love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The reason I play PL&SL
    1: free campaign&free leveling 2weeks to lv66 pl & 2days 12hours lv40 sl
    2.play anytime on my phone coz lazy to open my desktop I know many great free pc games but i love sts games hhaha
    3.like contest
    4.free plat by tapjoy
    Thanks sts
    Edit: note maybe i drunk to much & start txt weird hhehe
    Last edited by Aquilasoul; 02-17-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Fantastic point. +1
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Purty! It's so true though! (btw idc no update(I pvp to much)) haha so yeah no update means more pvp =D and more time to convince myself I'm NOT going to 66 lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Nice!
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Thanks everyone i'm glad you all agree :]

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilasoul View Post
    3.love free contest...
    4.free plat by tapjoy
    and another thing by what aquilasoul, if you really truly wanted plat for that cool in-game item, there is more than enough ways to get plat for free. They are always hosting contests on forums and if you added together the plat they've given away i'm pretty sure it would be in the high hundreds to the low thousands of dollars. What other game does that?! I can also honestly say that I've, at one point, had 40 plat on my account at once for 5 auction house spaces and I also bought a Halloween pack that gave you all the costumes + that special item for 30 plat in SL, all from free tapjoy offers. Not a single cent spent and it only took 20-30 minutes at most going through them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    It's even more difficult for STS because unlike other games houses, they also actively encourage and act on feedback from the community, some of which could be worded better sometimes, but they do listen and balance their business model best they can.
    yup agreed. The support and feedback I've gotten from the sts company is possibly the best i've seen in a looooong time.
    Last edited by Ihavenokills; 02-16-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Added an awesome quote by samhayne that was posted today!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I play cos its free and its addictive.lol

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk
    FIREBOYEDDY

The Netherlands, posted 8 hours later than forum time.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwihawk View Post
    Wow what a great post
    Yeah
    SebastiaaNL 67 mage, IlikePvP 66 bird, DutchTwinkk 56 bear, NoobzGtfo 44 bird, BoomFear 35 mage, moneymakerrr 11 merchant
    Proud member of Influence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Just keep the other side of the coin in your view, when people voice constructive criticism it's is (or can be) also helpful for the devs to listen to what their customers want. I still love Chick-Fil-A but if they mess something up, I'm gonna let them know and think the devs expect no less from us.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duped View Post
    Just keep the other side of the coin in your view, when people voice constructive criticism it's is (or can be) also helpful for the devs to listen to what their customers want. I still love Chick-Fil-A but if they mess something up, I'm gonna let them know and think the devs expect no less from us.
    But there's a line between constructive criticism and straight up hateful rants. I'm all for voiced opinions on subjects that need improvement but lately a lot of threads have been bashing sts like they didn't care or anything with the way things were being changed. So I decided to share this with everyone.