Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Deleting Level 1 Characters on Accounts That Haven't Played in 90 Days – Tue. Feb 21

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

One question, what if the L1 was a guild master (if that's possible for a L1)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just sayin'... Maybe someone created a lvl1 toon and for whatever reason decided not to lvl them. This toon might have platinum and such invested but the player is inactive and has been inactive for over 90 days. What happens to the items and platinum? What if it's the only character on an alternate account? What if it gets deleted and the player returns? Now someone else has his name? Not cool. An example here... Some time ago my computer was stolen and my phone broken... No access to Internet or game... What if this deletion of characters happens during this time? I return and my name is now taken by someone else? It's absurd! But whatever...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Maybe I'll be able to get Sunny back...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

There is a name I tried first, back in June 2010, that was not available. But when I (an iOS user) joined SL, it was there. And I reserved it for DL. And I recall back in June 2010 that there was a huge fight about names with the community splitting on the issue of name hoarding. So, I am definitely going to try for this name.

My question is, will we be told when it happens? I want to try it as soon as humanly possible. I suspect it will affect the authentication database, so you will have to take down the servers. That usually happens about 9:45 AM Texas time. Is it reasonable to expect that it will be include a server restart?

thanks

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

What about level one inactive twinks? I don't think those should be deleted, maybe check how many kills they have?

Anyways, good idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I think its a great idea, recently I tried to make a character with the names of some of my favorite SNL digital shorts and they were all taken. I like the idea of coming up with names that aren't fandopankishlieu in nature.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    What about level one inactive twinks? I don't think those should be deleted, maybe check how many kills they have?

Anyways, good idea!
    If you logged in to the ACCOUNT, it won't be deleted. You don't actually have to play the toon.

But what about mules? Suppose someone has five L1 mules, with 500 inventory slots each, and took a break when the school year started but plans to return when the school year ends.

Devs, maybe if inventory slots have been purchased you shouldn't delete the toon even if it is a year since they logged in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lol I was lucky enough to get Tapjoy.
    Pocket Legends ~ Ghasti (Dexbear), Royalbank (Bank Bear)
    Star Legends ~ Ghasti (Engineer), Galacticbank (Bank Commando)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Perhaps it would be wise to send out emails to those accounts if they are registered to avoid a bunch of inactive folks suddenly raging over it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hope I can get the name I want!

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Simple and effective Nice idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Don't you get to lv two just by doing the tutorial? Doesn't seem like this would help so much.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hmm.. One thing. A lvl1 Premium character shouldn't be deleted, no matter how old is it, 'cause the character have been bought by someone for real money. Deleting lvl1 Premium characters is like stealing their money. Agreed?

Other thing:
    Well, this is a very good idea, and I like it (.. of course.. I was asking for this months ago... ), but I was asking to delete characters that haven't been used for 6 months. Not lvl1 characters.. Unused characters. My problem is, that I want MY old characters to be deleted, so I can rebuild them all at one account. The problem with my problem is, that I can't proove, that they were my characters 'cause I don't remember the account e-mail adresses, 'cause at the beginning I didn't have Platinums to buy character slots, so the only way to me to get more characters was to register new accounts, and I forgot most of the e-mail adresses, 'cause I made them only to make new characters and after a while I was using only a few of them and this is how I forgot them. The only thing that I know about those accounts are the passwords and the server of the mail adresses. I'm sure, that I didn't used any of them for 6 months, this is why I think that this six month period is okay. And I also had a lots of lost characters as unregistered ones 'cause at a time I was changing phones every second week (to try new ones, to have the best, I broke it and had to buy another one) and when I sold the old ones I delete the access to the character with a hard reset of the phone. And I was also changing ROM on my phones once a week or 5-6 times a day and this way I also lost characters ( Yes! I had a LOTS of characters, and I have a lots of characters now also.. oh, and I play with them.), so deleting those would be also a good thing. I don't want them all, maybe others would also like to have some of those names. But... I think only every tenth can be only lvl1.. So, no way to delete unused accounts? And the worst thing for me, that I was taking names from the same "name category" and I don't know if I could take all the ones I was want to take. So, I can't even ask Devs to "give me back a character" 'cause I'm not sure, that it was mine.. So, at the way written above I had about twenty characters.. All of those could be deleted, I don't even want to get the most of them back. Take them whoever wants to, but I want my four spec ones, so if You see Devs, that an account didn't logged in for six month and the account mail adress is on the c2 server (c2, szitu, page, repules, c2mail) You should delete all of them, 'cause when they were registered I was the only hungarian player in the game (and my gf), and this is an uncommonly used mail server here, so it's almost impossible that anyone else would create an acc with adresses at this server.
    Last edited by Feke; 02-18-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Feke View Post
    Hmm.. One thing. A lvl1 Premium character shouldn't be deleted, no matter how old is it, 'cause the character have been bought by someone for real money. Deleting lvl1 Premium characters is like stealing their money. Agreed?
    Ahem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    That's correct, logging into your account is all you have to do to preserve your lvl1's.
    Alls ya gotta do is log in. That's it. You don't have to play or level or anything. Just log in.

That's it.

Simple.

Just log in.

PROUD OFFICER FOR AEO - 2B1ASK1
    PL Toons - Flenami | Raebami | Dribami | Remrafami | Onihrami | Xofami

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    Don't you get to lv two just by doing the tutorial? Doesn't seem like this would help so much.
    Yes, when You get to the second bunch of pirates. If You skip the tutorial You'll get to lvl2 after opening the second door on Dynastars first level, where You have to kill a group that comes with the message "Reinforcements inbound" and at killing the third of the four guy You reach lvl2. If You opened the first door too, and killed everyone. OR! If You were playing in beta where You were taken to Blackstar, not to Dynastar, and You made the Blackstar tour.
    Last edited by Feke; 02-18-2012 at 04:04 AM. Reason: correcting..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maiohwmai View Post
    Ahem.Alls ya gotta do is log in. That's it. You don't have to play or level or anything. Just log in.

That's it.

Simple.

Just log in.
    It's not about me.. All my premium characters are at 3 account that I use daily. So this can't cause any headache to me. It's about players, who bought a premium character and left the game to play another MMORPG or they have much important things to do than playing, and later they want to come back to play the game when they'll have time to play and they are going to miss the characters that they bought for $4.99,-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urqui View Post
    People's name who have been permanantly banned for over 3 months too?
    Dibs on Fran
    LOL! I think it's not a good idea. Just imagine it: A new player, that have never played the game takes a name that have been banned for continuous scamming and makes random character that looks the same as the original one and he enters Blackstar next to the ones that the previous owner scammed.. I wouldn't be in the place of the poor new player..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    One question, what if the L1 was a guild master (if that's possible for a L1)?
    I have lvl1 gms on accounts where they are the only characters. For secure.
    So.. Good question if there are ones who don't use them for months. If that will be deleted, who will be the next GM? We are at the payed thing question again.. If the character owns a T3 guildhall then it means, that the player paid minimum $14.98,- and the thing he bought gets into the property of someone else?

There are a few things in this idea that can cause big flames if it will be done with a simple unsorted permanent delete of all of those characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

lv1 is nothing really, just doing the intro you get a level.
    maybe lv1 names of 3 month inactivity, and lv5 names with 6 month inactivity... that will sort out all the people that tried a map or two but did nothing after ten minutes.

edit: mules and such:
    if plat has been invested in char, or it is wearing plat items, prob should not be deleted.
    Last edited by Arterra; 02-18-2012 at 04:05 AM.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Arterra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

got my alt email set up with 4 brand new character slots

it just got real...
    System & others love me ;] U jelly?